“Horrible service, and uninspiring food.”
Review of Fratelli La Bufala

Fratelli La Bufala
Ranked #57 of 372 Restaurants in Mestre
Price range: US$16 - US$32
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Don't eat here, you will get disappointed. The food is prepared in advanced, so everything looks and taste old. The pizzas are burnt and doughy at the same time, and be sure to tell how you want your reheated meat fried because they will definately not ask you.The service is just horrible and unfriendly.

4  Thank ChristianP08

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Last day in Italy and we decided on FLB since it seemed kid friendly. BIG mistake.
Starters were ok but main courses was not good. Pizza was half burnt, half unbaked. The meat dish la Tagliate missed some of the garnish and was extremely dry - had to be sent back. Did not get the chance to order another dish. I got a new menu but no one came around to pick up the order. We had to wait 30 minutes to pay the bill... Really happy that the kids are older and can handle the waiting. Cannot recommend this restaurant to anyone....

4  Thank Ida L
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We went here as the price was very reasonable. The food, when it came, was okay, the pizza and steaks were above average. It was very busy so we tried to make allowances for the service, but it was very haphazard and disorganised. The only way to get attention is to call out, don't wait for them to come to you.

2  Thank Travelling Dan 13
Reviewed 14 July 2013

The pizza tasted good. It was made with good quality ingredients. I prefer my pizza to be thin, as this one was, but more crispy. The staff was obviously rude to the fact I did not speak Italian; although I offered to speak in French and Spanish if that would help... unilingual Euro idiot waiters. I'm not going back but my food tasted good. Price was fine also. I had to wait forever to get my bill once I asked for it. totally rude. had I known how to properly address them (insult) I probably would have once we'd step aside so as not to disturb the Italina nomenclatura eating their meals.

1  Thank Robert G
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We received very bad customer service at the Fratelli La Bufala this August. We were made to wait nearly 2 hours for our food and had to leave to find another restaurant because we were so hungry. Several customers who arrived after us received their food and left while we were made to wait for our pizzas and pasta dish. The waiters were very unfriendly and did not seem to care when we complained about the long waiting time. The waiter assigned to our table was unapologetic when we got up to leave and attempted to charge us a service charge despite us waiting for nearly 2 hours for food we did not receive. We tried to get the managers attention but was ignored some many times we gave up.
We felt as if we were being treated differently to everyone in restaurant because we were the only people with dark complexions. The way the waiters and the manager in particular behaved towards us suggested this was the case. It was a very unpleasant and uncomfortable experience and I would definitely not recommend to anyone who expects good customer service as part of their dining experience.

4  Thank BunnyGh2012