“Not impressed”

NH Laguna Palace
Ranked #13 of 58 Hotels in Mestre
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I think an average rating is fairly generous for this subpar hotel. 4 stars? More like 4 farts! My room smelled like a dirty doctor's office. There was hair (quite possibly belonging to the pubic region) under the mattress. And it wasn't just one piece of scraggly hair...it was MANY pieces of scraggly hairs. The beds are rock hard. I would've rather slept outside. The service was also poor. I was told the restaurant was full when I could see that over 10 tables were open. The overall vibe from the staff was just snarky. The whole menu is frozen food so I didn't miss out on much, but it's the principle that counts. Final breakdown: crappy location, rude staff, and smelly rooms. Ciao.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Zachary9913
Write a ReviewReviews (2,454)

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We had meetings with a local contractor so stayed at this location near thier offices. The staff was good, check-in seemed slow relative to other places I have stayed. The hotel roomes seemed large for europe, so that was nice. The carpet in my room could use a good scrubbing or replacement. The food was always good. We ate breakfast and lunches at the hotel. Breakfast is a buffet arrangement and lunches were arranged for us. The lunches were always very good. Checkout was efficient. Wifi was good in my room and throughout the hotel. What little TV I watched, there were very few, non-Italian speaking channels that worked and the audia for BBC did not work. There were World Cup matches on and dont need a lot of dialogue for that.

Room Tip: I had room 331 which looked out on the marina between the two buildings. Other members of our group...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2014

first time when I saw this hotel, I was really surprised of two huge building with the marina in the middle and some small yacht parked and beautiful fountain in between with colourful lighting. i always surprise everytime I stay in the nh hotel. they always impressed me by showed different design and here...the modern and comfortable room with marina view was very nice. clean of course and have spacious bathroom.
The wi fi connection was good and free of charge. breakfast was served in the others building. the big restaurant although not many choices food as the other 4 star hotel but they provided tasty food instead on it. Not bad.
there is Asian restaurant just in front of the hotel that provided buffet and ala carte menu including japanese and chinese food. since I come with the group used Lonf distance coach, it was no problem to come and find the hotel. but I seen the local public transportation pass in the road in front of hotel.

Room Tip: room with the view of Marina of the next building
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Masrura R
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Hotel is a good 25 minute walk to bus stop, then take a vaporetto (boat) into Venice. Total time about 40 minutes if lucky.
Rooms are misrepresented on website. No tubs, minibar has strong odor, old TV, no sofa, absolutely not decorated I felt like I was in a prison.
Decent hotel if stay is limited to Venice Maestre, for tourism it is terrible.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel. I imagine it's aimed at business customers, so prices are set accordingly, but €5 for a Nastro Azzurro beer is ridiculous. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Wifi was inaccessible to me, I don't know why. I missed the breakfast so I can't have a say on that

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The room is spacious and modern, however, furniture arrangement can vary greatly from one room to another. Some have carpet some don't. There are 3 breakfast rooms in 2 different towers and this can be confusing for some people since no specific instruction was given on which room to go for the breakfast. The soap provided easily melt in a few use (almost like a candy melting in your mouth)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My overall stay at this hotel was average. The one thing that bothered me was that the double beds were literally on top of each other. I was bascially sleeping on my friend. The wifi really sucked. It was like walking around the whole hotel trying to get a good connection. Everytime I walked into my room I lost it. I had to stand on the first level right above the lobby to connect to the lobby wifi.

Things went smoothly overnight. I woke up the next morning to the smell of smoke in my room. It was really strong in the bathroom. It smelled of an electrical fire smell. I immediately called the front desk and they sent a portor up. The portor did not speak any English at all....I felt like a mime trying to tell him to sniff because it smelled like smoke. I eventually had to translate throught the front desk who told me there tech would be in later. I had to request a new room in order to shower. I still didn't feel safe with the fear of being electricuted...

Personally, I would not stay here again, but that was just me. It was just concerning to me that the staff did not seem very concerned about the issue....they acted like it happened every day...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends