The Laguna Palace seemed like the perfect hotel for a one night pre-cruise stay in Venice: rather close to the airport, not far from the sights and canals of Venice, modern rooms and facilities, and by staying on the outskirts of Venice, one can avoid the logistic problems of beautiful Venice, meaning, no need for water taxis or water transportation when loaded down with lots of cruise ship baggage.
The good news is that the hotel is a quick taxi ride from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the cruise ship terminal; but the hotel's location is really poor. Mestre does not have much to offer visitors but for quick rail transport to Venice, and the hotel is a long walk from Mestre center and the railway station; the immediate area has nothing to offer. (Thankfully, there is a nice Italian restaurant called Unico a short walk from the hotel, otherwise, the dining choices are limited and unappealing and hotel offers very limited food service.)
The hotel itself is very large and modern with good sized rooms; sadly the décor is very somber and entire hotel is uninviting. Then there is the A Tower and B Tower thing: our taxi dropped us off at the main entrance to the hotel, we checked in, and then learned that we were in the other building and had had to drag our baggage a distance of about 3 city blocks to the other building only to check in again and receive our room key; and, there was no one available to help us with our bags as no bellman were on duty. Simply ridiculous and unacceptable at a 4* hotel. We asked for extra pillows and, after an hour, we received a call from reception telling us that there are no extra pillows available in the hotel - really? The room was otherwise OK, nothing luxurious but acceptable for one night. Breakfast was totally underwhelming with a reasonable but unappealing buffet; that water was dripping into the breakfast room from a leak above was rather unpleasant.
The price was very reasonable for the Venice area, especially considering that it was high season, but even at the low price, it did not feel like good value for the money. There was no pool or gym or any other type of amenities offered.
I really thought that this hotel would be a good compromise for quick one night pre-cruise stay in Venice but it was far from ideal and was disappointing. In the future, we will stay in Venice proper and simply arrange for water taxis. Too bad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The NH Laguna Palace hotel in Venice is characterized by its attractive contemporary design, great location in the city, and top-quality service and amenities. The hotel's conference center is a point of reference for business professionals. The hotel itself is made up of two main buildings, linked together by a flat and transparent glass roof. This splendid architecture makes the NH Laguna Palace hotel one of the largest covered structures in Europe. A marina sits between the two hotel buildings, offering water access to the canals that take you straight into the heart of Venice. Guests at the NH Laguna Palace hotel can comfortably reach Saint Mark's Square and water taxis may dock right at the hotel. NH Laguna Palace is a charming and enchanting destination, as well as the perfect to relax and have a drink in the summer. Elegance and sobriety are combined in this unique hotel, making it the ideal base for both business travelers and tourists. The NH Laguna Palace hotel benefits from a highly privileged location, a mere 15-minute drive from the Venice Marco Polo Airport and only 5 minutes from the Mestre railway station. If you want to spend a charming and relaxing stay near Venice, NH Laguna Palace is the perfect choice to reach this romantic city. The historical city center of Venice is just 15 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, NHHotels, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your NH Laguna Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nh Laguna Palace Hotel Mestre
- Nh Laguna Palace Venice
- Laguna Suites
- Nh Laguna Palace Hotel Venice
- NH Laguna Palace Province Of Venice/Mestre