I have been to Venice, as a member of a group for a trip to north Italy. The last part of our trip was 2 days in Venice and we have stayed in NH Laguna (cheaper for groups I suppose..).
The hotel is a modern one, with big rooms, good sized bathroom (with a glass window to prevent the water out of the tube) , good toiletries (no body milk). The breakfast was just basic: scrabbleg eggs and bacon, 2 different jams (of average quality), bread, cheese, ham. The good things were the croissants (3-4 different kinds, with cream or chocolate, delicious) and the coffee from the machine, although you had to wait in a queue. And the breakfast area was in the other building- we had to walk outside for a while. Fortunately, it didn't rain..
But is is in the middle of nothing... Of course there are a few restaurants nearby, but in the night you feel awkward there.. The railway station is a litlle bit far away, and ok, you can have a water taxi if you dont mind the cost (they are so expensive...)
Another thing we noticed was the bad service of the reception. Reception gives little help- even for a map you have to ask.. One member of the group had a daughter who didn't feel well the night we arrived. They didn't give him even a thermometer for the child!! He had to walk a bit to find the station, where he found a thermometer from the reception of another hotel!!!
So, in my opinion, if you are there for businees and you don't mind the money for water taxis, ok. But if you are a tourist, prefer to go to a hotel in Venice (more expensive of course) or to a hotel closer to the railway station.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The NH Laguna Palace hotel in Venice is characterized by its attractive contemporary design, great location in the city, and top-quality service and amenities. The hotel's conference center is a point of reference for business professionals. The hotel itself is made up of two main buildings, linked together by a flat and transparent glass roof. This splendid architecture makes the NH Laguna Palace hotel one of the largest covered structures in Europe. A marina sits between the two hotel buildings, offering water access to the canals that take you straight into the heart of Venice. Guests at the NH Laguna Palace hotel can comfortably reach Saint Mark's Square and water taxis may dock right at the hotel. NH Laguna Palace is a charming and enchanting destination, as well as the perfect to relax and have a drink in the summer. Elegance and sobriety are combined in this unique hotel, making it the ideal base for both business travelers and tourists. The NH Laguna Palace hotel benefits from a highly privileged location, a mere 15-minute drive from the Venice Marco Polo Airport and only 5 minutes from the Mestre railway station. If you want to spend a charming and relaxing stay near Venice, NH Laguna Palace is the perfect choice to reach this romantic city. The historical city center of Venice is just 15 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your NH Laguna Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nh Laguna Palace Hotel Mestre
- Nh Laguna Palace Venice
- Laguna Suites
- Nh Laguna Palace Hotel Venice
- NH Laguna Palace Province Of Venice/Mestre