“Would definitely recommend Piave”
Review of Hotel Piave

Hotel Piave
Ranked #52 of 58 Hotels in Mestre
Solihull, West Midlands
“Would definitely recommend Piave”
Reviewed 22 September 2011

My husband and I stayed 7 nights at Hotel Piave from 6-12 Sep. We were put in a separate building about 150 metres away - quiet clean and comfortable room beautifully furnished Venetian style, with large bathroom, frig and safe. Very good Continental buffet breakfast with cold meats, cheeses, eggs, yoghurts, cereals, bread, cakes etc - served in Piave's very pretty breakfast room, with lovely staff. We used bus to/from Venice daily (only 13 minutes on Bus No 2), using our ACTV travel cards which also cover the vaporetti. Hotel 5 mins from Mestre train station so we had a day in Verona. Staff very good, friendly and helpful (one reception guy rather unhelpful re instructions on using guest computer to print our return boarding passes). It certainly helped in Mestre and Venice to learn and use a few words of Italian. Would definitely recommend Piave for anyone wanting to save by not staying in Venice. Can also recommend 'Ristorante di Bepi', fish restaurant around the corner - we went 4 times.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SolihullSilvers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2011

me and my husband stayed at the piave for 2 nights,we found the staff extreamly helpfull.the hotel was very clean an tidy.our room was perfect,bathroom was very clean water lovely and hot .we had 2 very good night sleeps that we have had for a long time. breakfast was fresh and a lot to choose from.best cappachino ever. 5 minuits walk from train and bus station,we took the bus 2.50 euros each for the trip to venice which took 15 minuits.buses run all night. from the airport you get the blue bus right outside and cost 5euros each. we did have a meal in venice very expensive,the bakers down the lanes were very cheap. great time ever x

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Home
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Stayed for two nights so that we could enjoy a full day in Venice. This property is conveniently located near the train station, which made it an inexpensive, quick and easy train ride into Venice.

The breakfast room is nice and the food was sufficient.

We found the room to be comfortable enough and clean, yes. But .... the tub had neither a shower door (not even a half of one) nor a shower curtain.

The front desk staff left a little to be desired. Checking in, the clerks were a bit distant, but the lobby was busy so I gave the benefit of the doubt. However, the next morning, when I approached the clerk to ask a question I started with "Excuse me, do you speak english?" His response, "Yes, but not right now, I'm very busy." Well, I'm sure my "alrighty then" was clearly written on my face so I simply turned to walk away... Apparently he reconsidered his reply and then said "no, no go ahead, what did you need". Too little, too late.

There are very many hotels to choose from in the area, and if and when a next time comes for us to stay in Mestre, we will choose another property.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 29 July 2011

My fiance and I decided to book this room due to the reviews from Tripadvisor. We really didn't want to spent over $250/ night staying in Venice in a two star hotel, so this was our best bet. We spent $110/night and it was well worth it. The hotel is located about a five minute walk from the Mestre train station. It is a convenient location from the station. There are a few cafes in walking distance but we always had dinner in Venice and then took the bus or train back to the hotel.

The staff is wonderful here. They speak great English and can answer any questions you may have. They have internet available (first 15 minutes are free) and it is available 24 hours a day in their computer room. They also had a breakfast buffet, but my fiance and I didn't partake in it. It did look like a typical European spread, breads, cheese, juice, and looked great. For about 2 euros though you could get a sandwich and coffee at the store next door to the hotel. Just a tip.

The beds in this hotel were fine, but the room was very small (we got the room with a private bathroom). If you open the window you will definitely hear the road outside, but it is not a loud street. The bathroom was surprisingly large for this hotel (since the room was so small). I would rate this hotel a 2.5 star overall. It would do for one or two nights, but not any more. If you are a larger person, beware of the shower as it is extremely small and I cannot see any larger people being able to move in it.

The one downside to this hotel is that you can hear the hallway noise from the room. There is not a lot of noise barrier from the walls, but it was a fine place to stay in just to sleep.

I would recommend this hotel to the budget traveler who does not want to spend hundreds of dollars for the same star hotel in Venice. It was worh it.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank xichic
Malta
Reviewed 23 July 2011

The hotel is very easy to reach by bus or train. In just 15 minutes you will be in the centre of venice. I bought the venice travel card which included even the transport to the airport. I did not have to buy any extra tickets for transport. The bus No 2 stops just 100 metres away which is excellent. Even the 15 bus to the airport although presently there are some roadworks( so ask about the 15). The breakfast was very good with a variety of choices to start the day. The reception staff were excellent and very helpful.
On the negative note, we had a quadruple room which was extremely small. Having a shower without a proper shower cubicle was an adventure of water splashing on all the bathroom floor. You have to wipe the floor if you want to re enter. Free internet is just 15 minutes for the whole stay. TV need some upgrade.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank cartravel
Alexandria, Egypt
Reviewed 19 July 2011

It's 7 minutes walk to the Mestre railway station. There is a bus stop 2 minutes away from the hotel.
The reception staff speak English very well, I guess one of them is American who was very helpful and attended to our aid quickly when the bathroom lights weren't working. Venice maps were given to us and all information need as well.
The train from Mestre to Venice costs 1.05 Euro and takes 15 minutes to get there. Bus ticket costs 1.20 Euros. If you're going to the airport you take bus 15 and the stop is 2 minutes away so no need to drag your luggage to the station.

The breakfast buffet was good and frequently refilled. The rooms weren't spacious but it was suitable. I loved the two masks picture painted on the closet.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2011

Well me and my mum wanted to do venice as cheap as possible. Somehow my mum mixed us the reservations and we turned up at the hotel not being booked in till a month later. They were very understanding and checked us into a room, however the price was abit steep £100 p/n for twin room. Hotel was lovely, decorated Italian. Loved the wardrobes and the room even had a jet bath !!! (Easily excited) Clean and i could not fault the room.The hotel staff was lovely, expecially the male receptionist. Was really helpful and made our stay at the hotel. Showed us the best parts in venice, how to get there etc. The breakfast was lovely and staff were cheery. Breakfast was huge could easily fill you up with all cakes and everything. Bonus- On checkout you can leave your luggage there allday and collect later. Oh and internet signal is abit dodge too, first 15 mins free than apparently it costs you, however i never went over.
Mestre however i do not advise to stay there, i would rather have paid the extra money and stayed in Venice or Lido de Venezia, was beautiful and we stayed our remaining days there. Mestre was full of pervy men who can be a little intimidating we were scared to be out at dark, because it was too much, big gangs of men on the road and green. Mestre people were really unfriendly also, from Macdonalds service to Internet shops, Rail travel, all seemed to have a problem with English, or maybe it was just me and my mum lol. I definately would not stay in Mestre again, however cheap as you don't get the best of Italian culture. Its feels more dodgey and as my mum would sum it up 'The bronx.' However It is a ten minute journey to Venice via train, train tickets were cheap, not worth buying them as they were never checked and trains run regulary.
However overall i give Piave Hotel- 6/10. I reccomend the hotel just not the location.

• Stayed May 2011