“I recommend the hotel for a budget holiday”
Review of Hotel Piave

Hotel Piave
Ranked #51 of 58 Hotels in Mestre
Reviewed 18 February 2011

The hotel is situated in a quiet street near Via Piave boulevard in Mestre, at 200 m distance from Mestre railway station and 50 m from bus station (Bus Nr.2 to Venice 10-15 minutes ride).
I had a double room at third floor, small surface with bathroom well equipped and very clean. The radiator inside the room was working only by half, without the possibility of adjustment.
The walls are poor insulated, you cam hear all the noise from the other room.
I haven’t encountered any problems at the check-in/out or during my stay in the hotel with the personnel of the hotel.
The breakfast is an open buffet with lots of choices and well organized.
At the reception you can ask for free map of Mestre and Venice.
I recommend the hotel for its good price and conditions.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 January 2011

I had read mixed reviews about this hotel on Trip Advisor after I booked my holiday (when I first booked my holiday I checked on TA and mixed the hotel up with a similarly named one in the centre of Venice which had great reviews) so I was pretty wary of what I might find.

Firstly the hotel is in Mestre which is a ten minute bus ride into Venice but you could be looking at half the price of hotels on Venice itself and I would say well worth the savings as the buses are so regular, so near to the hotel and so cheap and it's five minutes from the train station.

Mestre itself is a bit drab but it did feel so far off the tourist trail especially during this time of year.

Finding the hotel was easy, there are big yellow illuminated signs that point to it from just about every street nearby. On entering the hotel we were greeted by someone who was mentioned in one of the reviews as being very rude but I found him to be extremely polite, helpful and knowledgeable, in fact every member of staff we encountered across the board from chambermaid to manager were so helpful and friendly.

The room was on the second floor, very clean ensuite and very comfortable with a little balcony. Being January it was pretty cold outside but the temperature in the room was always comfortable and piping hot water seemed available any time of day or night for a bath.

My only negative about the room would be soundproofing, from the next door bathroom (flushing toilet, letting out bath water) but that was only an issue if you are in the room at the same time as the next door and Venice holds so much to see you really shouldn't be in your hotel room for too long.

Breakfast was fantastic, a selection of everything you would expect and plenty of it. Nothing ever ran out or if it did it was replaced immediately. The machine coffee (instant) was not good but the waitress made us fresh coffee every day. Oh and there was a small fridge in the room.

Loved my stay in this hotel and would definitely go back.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NealeWeb
Reviewed 24 November 2010

We were staying two nights in Piave and due to a miscommunication we paid for the night after we checked out. The front desk personnel was unfriendly and insulted us. No hotel guest should be treated with such low dignity. Look out for them--the bald headed man is worse than the younger man who speaks English with an American accent. It is definitely not an isolated case; the bald headed man was rude also to other hotel guests.

Please do not stay here for your safety.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank traveller187309
Reviewed 15 November 2010

Wasn't sure what to expect from the Hotel Piave, but I chuckled when I entered my room; it was identical to so many allegedly 4-star rooms I 've stayed in over years of traveling in Italy. Free wifi would have been great, but otherwise, the room was clean and comfortable, and everything worked perfectly. Staff was as friendly and accommodating as can be, and the location, 3 blocks or so from the Mestre railway station, is ideal for anyone who wants to explore not just Venice but also the outlying towns. Cafes, restaurants and shopping are nearby, and the unjustly overlooked Mestre city center is about a ten-minute stroll away. Would return anytime!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2010

My boyfriend and me visited Venice for 3 days in September and stayed at Hotel Piave in Mestre. I was a bit nervous at the beginning since several people mentioned that it would have been better to choose a hotel in center Venice but after I was there I never regretted the choice. We were given a spacious room (a double bed and a third one for one person) with a small balcony.It was quite simple (just what we expected) not exactly 3 star range but nice. I was really impressed that the sheets were changed daily and were very clean and the towels too. The bathroom was quite big (with a bathtub) and also quite clean compared to what we experienced before. We had only one small cupboard in the room, but we managed it (we left part of the stuff in the bags)
As other mentioned before me, the breakfast remains a plus for the hotel, very rich, with lots of choices for all tastes - meat, cheese, pastry, cereal, milk, coffee.etc...all you can eat.
Moreover the hotel is only a minute away from the bus station and a trip to Venice is maximum 15 minutes away.
All in all we are happy with the choice we made, we had a really nice stay at the hotel and we would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed 25 September 2010

Generally not good enough for its money 69-71euro/night.
-there is wi-fi internet access, but it is 2 euro/1 hour
-mini refrigerator in the room was dirty
-you can hear what is goung on in the rooms around
-hair drier was not functioning properly and was not fixed for the time of my

stay there (4 nigths)
-making reservation online 1 month in advice provide you with more expensive

breakfast then on the place. I bave been charged 8 euro/day for breakfast,

while on the reception it cost 7 euro/day.
-stuff is not helpful and tend to lies in order to save efforts.They claim

that can not leave the reception unattended, but escort the new visitors to

their rooms if they are outside the hotel, in separate building.

5  Thank MiroslavGeorgiev
Reviewed 15 September 2010

It was good considering the room rate they offered as compared to the other hotels in Venice. The room was airy and clean. The breakfast buffet was the best here compared to three other 2 & 3 star hotels we stayed in italy. The staff were helpful too. With just about 5-6 mintues walk from the train station it was conveneint to get from Mestre to Venice by train anytime and we also took the opportunity to go to Padova for a day.