Hotel Ambasciatori
Hotel Adria(Mestre)
  • Room Service
Hotel Plaza(Mestre)
1,148 results
All reviewsthe busacross the roadlarge supermarketpam supermarketthe hotel receptiondouble roombuy the ticketsvenice islandeuros returnvisiting venicepublic transportwater busesgrand canalten minutesshort staytakes about minutesper person
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed here in April for 4 nights. It was an very convenient location. Max 15 min walk to the train station (if you take your time) and the bus stop to go into Venice is directly across the street. You can buy bus tickets from the front desk. You can also get tickets for the water bus in Venice (which I defiantly suggest doing) from the front desk. There's also a great grocery store just down the street, and plenty of places to get lucnh etc near by. The room wasn't as clean as I'd prefer, but I am a bit picky and find carpet disgusting. In reality it was clean enough. The breakfast average, but I liked it very much. The staff were very helpful and answered all of our questions. The only problem I had was the sketchy wifi. The Ambasciatori shares it's wifi with the Delfino next door. Sometimes I could get wifi in the room or in the lobby, but most of the time I had to go outside and stand in front of the Delfino next door. I tend to choose hotels with free wifi because I use it to plan and get directions ect so If I were to go back, I'd probably try the Delfino instead. That being said, it's not a huge deal and over all I'd say we had a lovely stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here on our second visit to Venice. It was very convenient as it was right on the bus route from the airport to Venice, and you could pick up a bus into Venice right outside the door. The buffet breakfast was ample, and the room was very clean. It is all you need for a stay in Venice.

The first time we stayed in Venice we had a very nice hotel near the Rialto Bridge - that was more expensive and you had the problem of getting your luggage to the hotel on the ferries and along the streets over bridges etc.

I'd suggest if you are staying here you check out how to get from Mestre rail station (where the airport bus stops) to the hotel. We asked at the reception desk how to get to the other airport bus stop on the way back and didn't get very clear instruction from the reception desk, so we ended up walking back to Mestre station.

Other than that we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jack L
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed 4 nights with the whole familiy over easter this year. The hotel was generally in good condition and the staff was always friendly and very wellcoming. You also had the opportunity to buy the ticket for bus / boat transportation to Venice directly at the hotel recpetion, which was quite comfortable.

One thing I really was not amused about was breakfast... People always tell you that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and so I am always especially looking forward to breakfast every time I am on vacation, but not this time. Variety in general was to small for a 4 star rated hotel and everything came out of a machine, even the scrambled eggs were prepared artificially... and tasted aweful!

In general I would recommend the hotel to other people, just because of the location of the hotel and that there is a busstop right in front of it. Breakfast which is an important thing for my familiy and myself needs to be improved as quick as possible! Otherwise there are lots of good bakeries in Venice to have a rich breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank steffsurf
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at the hotel on two different occasions. Both times were to begin and end a cruise from Venice. We traveled with several couples and we all had a great stay. I highly recommend this hotel it's just a short bus ride or train ride from Venice to mestre.

• Stayed: November 2013
4  Thank takeatrp
Reviewed 16 April 2014

the reception staff was unpleasant none helpful the room smelt and was handed a bottle of water when asked for help the never lifted their heads from computer screen we had booked in at 2-o clock ....we came to the room my wife is disabled and having been treated with no compassion we knew we couldn't have stay there i minute longer in this place we had enough its was miserable depressing !!...lacked in every detail the time we spent in the room was to .ring travel company to ask them to arrange for us to leave and find us a different hotel it cost us another 750 euros on top of what we had paid for this hotel plus 40 euro taxi then 100 euros on a water taxi we just needed to leave we would not recommend this place it was the most horrible unfriendly my husband asked for taxi and we left thank goodness never to return !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple