“Great stay!!”
Review of Hotel Ambasciatori

Hotel Ambasciatori
Ranked #39 of 58 Hotels in Mestre
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Have just returned from 3 nights in Venice and stayed at this hotel. It's clean, room was spacious. No kettle in the room however one was provided at no extra cost. We did not feel staff were unfriendly, we quickly discovered most on the locals were very matter of fact & we have to remember not all nationalities share our British humour. We required more hangers & an extra pillow and all provided promptly & without any difficulty. Breakfast was more than you needed. I'm fussy and it catered perfectly well for me. Bread, cheese, ham, croissants, fresh fruit, cereals, fantastic coffee, bacon- was fine and plentiful. We made some rolls up to take out with for a picnic on the last day ;) There is a bus stop right outside the hotel and they run frequently, we bought a 40euro pass for 3 days that includes the buss and the water bus. Water taxis are ridiculously expensive, stick yo the water bus! It takes approx 10 mins to get to Venice by bus, immediately you see the water bus stop that will take you down the grand canal which stops frequently ( get off at Rialto, stunning )!! Supermarket right next to hotel, we bought snacks and wine, very good and very cheap. Kebab shop right opposite, this was very good!! Don't drink the water from the mini bar, it's not free as I discovered when we left, it's a rip off ( you can drink the tap water & fountain water too ). taxi from the airport is fixed price at 35 euros, you will not find it easily, however when you leave the train station is approx 10 min walk and costs 7 euros each, takes approx 25 mins to get to the airport, however the bus was packed so if you want comfort take a taxi. All in all this hotel was great for what we needed. Hot shower, clean towels,hair dryer, decent breakfast, comfy beds and fab transport links. Yes I'd have loved to have stayed in the centre of Venice as the journey from hotel to St.Marks takes approx an hour, however I'd still be saving up to visit. This was a bargain break with wowcher and I will never pay an expensive travel agent again after this successful, amazing trip!! Wifi wasn't great it's a little slow, you shouldn't really need fantastic wifi whilst in Venice though ;-)

4  Thank karen1657768

Reviewed 25 August 2014

I booked a room at this hotel in 15, on internet, for friday, 22/23 august 2014. Paid online with my debit card.
Reservation Number: 57605961
Record Locator: 56457627
Confirmation Number: 148172

It was terrible. Keep waiting on the lobby.
They said that they had gave the room that I already have paid to the other persons, and they had no other rooms available for me. They sent me to the Lungano Hotel, but , when i arrived there, it was very dissapointing: small room, it smells, not have a matrimonial bed.
I didn't accepted this!
They didnt announced me earlier, not by mail or phone, because they said they had no time for it.
I asked they to sent me to another hotel with similar conditions like at Ambasciadori Hotel, like I paid, but the didnt want to do it.
I asked to speak with the manager and the lady with glasses from reception said that he is not available and call a colegue who came and spoke with me. He said that the hotel has a problem with "the system" and booking.com make reservations without hotel permisions. Great lie!
They all rise shoulders ant tell is nothing that can do.
I was waiting in the hotel lobby for 3 hours.
I asked for the number of Consumer Affairs and the said that the is no such authority in Italy.
They didn't give my money back.
I was forced to searched other hotel and pay one more time, 130 euro.
The road between hotels, I was going on feet. With my luggage on me.
I entered online in that day and in their website write that they gave available rooms.

And I was not the only one. In that day.

Room Tip: stay away! go with well knows brands hotels in europe.
1  Thank Blue L
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We took two rooms in this hotel. One room smelt strongly of damp. We had to open the windows for a few hours to try and ventilate it. Second room had malfunctioning electrical switches, light would not switch off. We resorted to sleeping with the light on. Although we didn't have the chance to report the fault in the morning a technician arrived to repair the fault (i.e. we were put into a room which the hotel knew had faulty switches). The reception staff were rude, unhelpful, and got things wrong. We have asked for two adjacent rooms, when arrived we were informed that the rooms are on two separate floors. We had to wait for over half an hour to get rooms on the same floor. Bought tickets from hotel for the bus and boat services, on of the tickets was not activated. Had to queue for over 30 mins in central Venice and had to buy yet another ticket for an extra 20 euros. After a long argument with the reception we were refunded 20 euros. Receptionist was dealing with 3 people at once and covering for another receptionist instead of dealing with the guest standing in front of her. Breakfast was very poor, not even a fresh slice of bread to be found. Just a basket of poor quality rolls which was placed over the air conditioning (i.e. poor, cold, dry rolls). The salt shakers were similarly placed near the air conditioning causing water to condense on them, rendering them unusable. The so-called scrambled egg was essentially one mass of solid egg gunge. The hotel charged more for the WiFi than the roaming charge on our phones. Expected from a hotel that level to provide that service for free. The receptionist acknowledged that many guests complained about this same issue, but clearly nothing has been done. It is clear that the whole hotel is run on a shoestring budget. In our room there was a feedback form supplied generously by an ikea sized pencil to fill the form. The receptionist gave us directions for local restaurants, we walked over 6 kilometres around the area and did not find a place to eat. We resorted to eating at the sister hotel next door, Hotel Delfino's restaurant. We went safe, we chose burgers. We received quite a large bun with a tiny, burnt burger which didn't cover even half the size of a bun. That was 20 euros! Never again!

Room Tip: Just don't.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We arrived into Mestre from Rome by train. The hotel was just a 10 minute walk away from the station. We were checked in efficiently and our room was clean and cool. We also had complimentary WiFi.
Getting into Venice is a 10 minute bus ride away and you can buy the tickets from the reception desk, the bus stop is opposite the hotel (number 4),
We also bought the bus and boat ticket which was 20 Euro per ticket. This was great value and we used it all day long.

1  Thank Collie0831
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed at the above hotel 30th. July - 1St. Aug. on a Globus 21 day tour of Europe. There was 34 people on the tour and I did not hear one word from any of the group that was complimentary of the hotel.
The rooms are damp and smell, ours stank of smoke, they moved us to another room that was just as damp. The manager was never available and the food in the resteurant was a complete disgrace. The hotel need a complete upgrading, its old and shows it.
This was by far the worst hotel on our tour and is nowhere near a four star, it barely makes a three. I have already contacted Globus to say if they continue to use this hotel they will start to lose customers. Globus is renouned for using quality hotels on there tours but this certainly is not.
If you want a quality hotel near Venice do not use this hotel

Room Tip: could not find a good room
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank REPEAT24
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel on two separate occasions. The first time was ok - we had no issues. The second time, however, (5 days later....) we were taken to an air conditioned room with no air conditioning. When we asked about the air conditioning, the lady at the desk proceeded to tell us multiple times about how to turn the power in the room on (which wasn't the problem at all....) she seemed really bothered by the fact that we asked for a new room and was adamant that all their rooms were air conditioned - this one was not! For the "premium" internet, you pay 3 Euro per device and it works for 24 hours. I don't think that the internet worked at all, even after paying for "premium service". Don't waste your time or money on this place!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank jenninottawa77
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed for 3 days prior to our cruise and found the hotel well placed for the town centre of Mestre and the bus stop to Venice was opposite the hotel which ran every 10 minutes,
The hotel was classed as 4 star , sorry but no way, It was so basic there were no bedside cupboards just tiny tables in fact there were no drawers and no wardrobe just a hanging rail and 2 places underneath to put your cases , A very boring room even the t,v, (which we never used) was not hanging straight. The breakfast was very basic , not even any toast so you could forget sausages and fried eggs. To finish the hotel had very friendly staff;

Room Tip: it does not look good from the outside and when you go to use the lift , (miniscule) it gives you an...
1  Thank shirleymt