Have just returned from 3 nights in Venice and stayed at this hotel. It's clean, room was spacious. No kettle in the room however one was provided at no extra cost. We did not feel staff were unfriendly, we quickly discovered most on the locals were very matter of fact & we have to remember not all nationalities share our British humour. We required more hangers & an extra pillow and all provided promptly & without any difficulty. Breakfast was more than you needed. I'm fussy and it catered perfectly well for me. Bread, cheese, ham, croissants, fresh fruit, cereals, fantastic coffee, bacon- was fine and plentiful. We made some rolls up to take out with for a picnic on the last day ;) There is a bus stop right outside the hotel and they run frequently, we bought a 40euro pass for 3 days that includes the buss and the water bus. Water taxis are ridiculously expensive, stick yo the water bus! It takes approx 10 mins to get to Venice by bus, immediately you see the water bus stop that will take you down the grand canal which stops frequently ( get off at Rialto, stunning )!! Supermarket right next to hotel, we bought snacks and wine, very good and very cheap. Kebab shop right opposite, this was very good!! Don't drink the water from the mini bar, it's not free as I discovered when we left, it's a rip off ( you can drink the tap water & fountain water too ). taxi from the airport is fixed price at 35 euros, you will not find it easily, however when you leave the train station is approx 10 min walk and costs 7 euros each, takes approx 25 mins to get to the airport, however the bus was packed so if you want comfort take a taxi. All in all this hotel was great for what we needed. Hot shower, clean towels,hair dryer, decent breakfast, comfy beds and fab transport links. Yes I'd have loved to have stayed in the centre of Venice as the journey from hotel to St.Marks takes approx an hour, however I'd still be saving up to visit. This was a bargain break with wowcher and I will never pay an expensive travel agent again after this successful, amazing trip!! Wifi wasn't great it's a little slow, you shouldn't really need fantastic wifi whilst in Venice though ;-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Ambasciatori Mestre is a stroll from Mestre train station and few minutes drive to Venice Piazzale Roma. It is a perfect place for both a city break or a longer stay. Hotel Restaurant's speciality is local cuisine, international cuisine on demand. Bar has a full list of cocktails, served in the elegant lounge. Conference hall and meeting room are equipped with up-to-date communications facilities. Fitness center is equipped with gym's modern cardio-fitness equipment. The hotel provides a private parking on payment (limited car spaces, not-bookable) or a conventioned garage. The hotel is served by lifts (elevators), shared spaces and rooms have air conditioning and heating. Rooms are Non-smoking and soundproof. All the rooms are equipped with minibar, TV with satellite channels, telephone, safety deposit box. WiFi broadband connection is available. Room service and buffet breakfast are included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Ambasciatori reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambasciatori Hotel Mestre
- Hotel Ambasciatori Province Of Venice/Mestre