“A great find that MUST be shared!”
Review of Antony Hotel

Antony Hotel
Ranked #19 of 58 Hotels in Mestre
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I booked this hotel for the day before flying home after traveling to different cities in Italy for 10 days. Our airplane tickets required us to fly in and out of Venice. It was the perfect choice! Not only is it an incredible value, but the STAFF of all departments of this hotel are what made our stay. As a flight attendant, I know there are challenges in dealing with the public and groups of tourists. I witnessed firsthand how the staff at this hotel made certain they treated everyone with a smile no matter what. From the front desk, to the bartender, to the servers in the restaurant, if they were EVER frustrated with a customer, they NEVER showed it. They accommodated everyone with anything they were asked and did it pleasantly and with a smile.

We arrived from the train station and were immediately greeted with a smile and a "can I help you?". I made our reservations through hotels.com and there were no issues locating them. As we were checking in, we mentioned we needed to go to the airport in the morning for our flight home. We were asked what time and they marked us down for reservations for their airport shuttle, only 5 euro a person and so worth it not to have to worry or think about that again!. We were checked in within a few minutes and on our way to our room.

The hotel lobby is tastefully decorated and very spacious with plenty of areas to sit. There is a cozy bar off the lobby for a quick drink of juice, espresso, wine or whatever you may need. The hotel restaurant is just down the hall from the bar and the elevators are just around the corner from both. The rooms are modern, clean and very comfortable with plenty of space for luggage and a modern bathroom with a dreamy showerhead that feels like a rain shower. There is a small refrigerator in the room should you need it and a nice window that opens for fresh air. we booked a "family" room and the beds were the equivalent of a queen size bed, very comfortable with high quality linens. The rooms come with breakfast buffet in the morning and we decided to eat at the hotel restaurant for dinner since we were so tired of traveling.

Our meal at the restaurant was very good. But what made it even better was the friendly and helpful attitude of the wait staff. They smiled and joked with us making us feel special. Not only was the food good, but the presentation of the food and how it looked on the plate made us feel like we were eating in a 4 star restaurant. The prices were very reasonable. There was no reason not to eat in the hotel. The breakfast the next morning was perfect offering a buffet of many choices such as cereal, fruit, yogurt, toast, croissants, cakes, donuts, cheeses, meats scrambled eggs, ham, juices, espresso, cappuccino, and more!

As a flight attendant I stay in LOTS of hotels and service is something I notice. Do yourself a favor and don't look anywhere else, the convenience and SERVICE can't be beat!

Room Tip: Higher floors had a nice view. Book a family room if you would like 2 large queen size beds.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank seesterdelmundo

Reviewed 4 June 2014

My friend recommend the Antony hotel in Campalto, Mestre which is a 20 min local bus ride to Venice. This is the same bus that takes people arriving and departing from venice's Marco Polo airport to Venice and the bus stop is around an 8 min walk from the hotel and with heavy cases I recommend you request the Hotel Antony shuttle to pick you up at the airport and take you directly to the hotel for 5euro which is more convenient or as you prefer.

I had a nice friendly and informative welcome from Jackson when I checked in (thank you again).

The hotel bedroom and bathroom were cleaned to a good standard and overlooked car park at the back of the hotel and the nice green agricultural landscape, complete with a few scarecrows and the water of Venice behind that. The room was quiet and I slept reasonably well. They also had a kettle for tea and coffee in the room.

The breakfast was self-service buffet and was plentiful with many different pastries and cakes, cereals, yoghurts, fruit and scrambled eggs, etc. and coffee machines to make your own cappuccino, etc.

The only thing I didn't like was that it was Too warm for me in the room I slept in and when I mentioned this to the reception desk they said they'd put the air conditioning on, but it didn't work and the room was a hot 26c even with the window opened and I don't like hot hotel rooms.
Aside from this, I would recommend the hotel Antony for those with a limited budget as prices are much more reasonable than in Venice itself, as beautiful as it was.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Denise P
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed in the Antony after a cruise.
The staff was very helpful. There is a bus stop within easy walking distance, so 4 people can go into Venice for 10 euro. They also gave us hot tea that evening, and went out of their way to find an assortment of choices. The shuttle to the airport was great. It made flying out so easy. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank David M
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed one night on the way to join the Regal Princess. Super room with an amazing view. Great food and polite service. When I checked in I was told about the free wifi. This was super slow in my room on 5 and I got to meet other guests sat on the stairwell getting better signal. Even with this point I will be staying here again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank RB5Turbo
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We found that the Antony hotel was ideally located to Venice for our pre-cruise stay. The hotel was well appointed with the rooms being spacious and very clean. The king sized bed was much appreciated. The meals in the restaurant were of a high standard and the menu was great.
The staff at the Antony are very helpful,friendly and professional. The shuttle service provided both for the airport and cruise terminal was excellent .
The hotel is only a short bus ride to Venice on the #5 bus with the bus stop very close to the hotel. The hotel has tickets for sale for the bus and boats.
The view from our room was of Venice itself and was as stated in the website.
What have I to say but WELL DONE to the staff and hotel.

Room Tip: book a city view room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank William K
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My husband and I stayed overnight at Hotel Antony since it was close to the airport for a morning flight. Room 418 was modern and clean. We overlooked a farm or nursery and in the distance could see the Celebrity silhouette in port.
The shuttle service to the airport was prompt and quick and left us right at the door to departures.
The only "faults" I found in the room were: small packets of uncomfortable-for-nose-blowing tissues, a steep climb into the bathtub with no handrail for climbing in and out, no protection from slipping in the tub, and teeny-tiny soap.
The restaurant is open 7-10 AM and 7-10 PM for hotel guests, no outsiders. Service for dinner was a bit slow as there were several tour groups staying at the hotel.
The staff was friendly and very helpful with our needs and questions.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pdcldco
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We chose this hotel because it had a perfect location between Venice Airport and Venice cruise terminal. We stayed here both pre and post our cruise trip with Princess Cruises. It was simply perfect! The hotel is just 3 minutes from the airport and 10 from the city of Venice and the cruise terminal. We booked the pre-post cruise package on their website that included a shuttle bus service to and from the airport and our cruise and everything was smooth and efficient. We booked a standard room but when we arrive they had upgraded our room to the executive one. So nice of them!! The hotel looks like it's been renovated recently. The lobby is warm, with a nice bar and a super-funny bartender who can prepare the best cocktails ever. The reception staff is young, always smiling and VERY professional. They're always ready to answer any question you have, giving you information about the city and everything. They also sell bus and boats tickets which is really good cos you can avoid queuing for hours in downtown. We were a family (2 adults and 2 children). Our room had 2 kingsize beds and plenty of space for our luggage as well. It was new, modern, had free CNN and wi-fi internet working perfectly. The room and the bathroom were super clean too. Outside was hot but rooms have A/C that work very well so you'll be very comfortable. Our children loved playing in the outdoor kids area! There's also a cute little toys room nearby the restaurant and that was so useful for us during both breakfast and dinner time. The food was excellent at dinner and breakfast.. I've never seen such a nice buffet.. eggs, bacon, sausages, home-made cakes, yogurts, bread, cereals, fruit juices,... I won't list them all but you really can't complain about the variety and the quality of the food. We would like to thank the staff for being so nice and professional. We would recommend this hotel to anyone and will definetly stay here again next time we're in Venice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nick C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mestre
Hilton Garden Inn Venice Mestre San Giuliano
Best Western Titian Inn Hotel Venice Airport
Best Western Plus Quid Hotel Venice Airport
Novotel Venezia Mestre
Novotel Venezia Mestre
#158 of 385 in Venice
Best Western Plus Hotel Bologna
Antony Palace Hotel

Been to Antony Hotel? Share your experiences!