“Very New , very Nice”

Ranked #18 of 58 Hotels in Mestre
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Very New , very Nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed I night before a cruise. Location was reasonable to Venice , Airport and cruise terminal, 15 euros everywhere. rooms were large enough, very clean and free WiFi, no complaints. Front desk was very helpful in arranging taxis to Venice, guide tour of country side and shuttle service to cruise ship. General Manger took the time to make sure we were taken care of and to make sure any questions were handled immediately. I found and booked this Hotel and 4 other couples then booked and stayed as well we were all very happy with the Location and high quality ( price is reasonable). I would stay again and recommend to everyone,

Room Tip: Stay as far away from the stairs as possible as noise travels up the stairwell
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bernie B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Linden, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

After a hectic few days after our Med cruise & Venice, we taxied to pre-booked Hotel Antony. This indeed was one of the most relaxing, warm & welcomed hotel, we've stayed in a long time. The amenities were as described, and the personnel were stellar in their guest treatment. It was unfortunate that the hotel shuttle couldn't get close to our ship Celebrity Equinox at the ship terminal, nor were we able to contact Hotel Antony from our ship. Nonetheless, Hotel Antony certainly merits a 5 star rating. Note: if staying longer than one night, you may find restaurant selection sparse. - Larry L

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank klukenda
Landstuhl, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

When looking for a good park/cruise option in Venice, this was just about the only hotel we could find. We stayed there three nights and left our car there during our cruise. We had a "park and cruise" package that gave us breakfast, wifi, parking and a shuttle. While waiting for the shuttle to the port, I went up to the front desk to try and clarify how we would get the shuttle back to the hotel. I was told by a not-so-friendly staff person that the shuttle was only included one way. I showed her my email (which was in English) that said "to/from port." She said that if I wanted transportation from the port, I would have to stay that night at the hotel. I said that was not made clear (especially given the wording of the email) at the time of booking, plus we had already stayed THREE nights there, so it wasn't like we were trying to get out of paying for another night of lodging. I asked to speak to a manager, who was mysteriously unavailable. in the end, she reluctantly agreed that if I had been told I would be picked up, that they would pick me up. But the uncertainty caused me serious anxiety -- and it took almost an hour and a half and repeated phone calls (to the same unfriendly woman) to get picked up at the port. and there was another family waiting there to be picked up as well. I emailed corporate headquarters about the issue and never heard anything further. In the end, we concluded that although the hotel was fine and clean and convenient to the bus stop, if we could do it all over again, we would just have stayed elsewhere and parked at the port.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank llqool
Sogedin-Hotels, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Antony Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Sir,

thank you for posting your review on trip advisor. Regarding the problem you had with our shuttle bus service, we want to apologize for the inconveniences and for the issued you had with the staff on duty at that time. We have already taken actions against this and it won't happen again. The pre/post cruise offer on our website states:
For PRE CRUISE STAY: Shuttle Bus from Airport on arrival and to Cruise Terminal on departure;
For POST CRUISE STAY: Shuttle Bus from Cruise Terminal on arrival and to Airport on departure

But in your case, you did not use the shuttle on arrival since you came by car so you had the right to be picked up from the port instead.

Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience.

Kind Regards

the hotel management.
Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I could not have been happier selecting this hotel. I was afraid I would be disappointed but everything was great. They came and picked us up from the airport (note: the van has the umbrella company name on the side, not Antony) promptly and gave us good directions to catch the bus to Venice. The place is so clean and modern. Staff helpful. We arranged for a shuttle to our cruise and the driver went out of his way to make sure we were in the right spot, since we were not taking a larger cruise line and he was unfamiliar with the smaller port. I hope we tipped home enough!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Awilb
Mississauga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Pros: Clean hotel, clean washrooms, 3-4 mins walk from the bus stop.. bus takes about 15 mins to get to Piazza Roma in Venice, large bedrooms.

Cons: They offer Wi-fi but it doesn't work, room decor is very outdated, vending machines in the hotel are usually empty

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rollerball999
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We were lucky enough to have a view overlooking Venice. Wow! The bed is positioned to face the window so as soon as you wake up and open the electronic blinds, it is right in front of you. What a way to wake up. The rooms are quite modern and the bed and pillows are comfortable. Wifi throughout the hotel. They had a wide range for breakfast - scrambled eggs, toasts, selections of spreads, pastries, fruit, yoghurt, bacon, cheese, cold meats and gluten free options.
It is a bit hit and miss with dinner. The first night for dinner was delicious - first course was pasta and the second course was meat with beans and peas. The second night was a miss. The salmon was well over cooked, therefor making it dry and tough to eat. I would recommend trying other restaurants. However the dinner staff were fun, polite and very attentive. My husband commented on how delicious the pasta was and the waiter gave him more. They always had a smile on their face and were happy to have a chat with us and help us with our wine selections. I wish the same could be said for some of the front desk staff. On one night, there was a young girl on the desk. I needed help organising a transfer to the airport. She took forever to acknowledge I was at the desk and then she barely uttered a few words to me. when I realised that we were departing from a different airport and not the one she had organised, she was very rude to me in her tone. I asked her about alternatives and she gave me nothing. It was as though she did not want to help or didn't want to be working. The next morning when we were checking out, we had a delightful lady called Paula. She was so helpful with everything. She was cheerful and asked us about our future travels and gave us suggestions for our other destinations.
For guests with children, they have an outdoor play area as well as an indoor play room.
All up, a good hotel that I would recommend to others.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aussie_Ashlee
Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed just one night to see a bit of Venice between other destinations, and with a car and luggage going into Venice for one night isn't worth it. 4* is a stretch for this, probably 3*. The building is drab outside, and little better on the inside. The room was better, the bathroom was recently remodeled and nice. The room was fine but all white with almost nothing on the walls but some luggage marks. The room safe never worked and they were unable to fix it. Very quiet room on the parking lot side at least. The breakfast was on the low side for being included - worst cappuccinos from a machine I had on the trip, ironic as it was the only hotel in Italy.

The good news is easy access to Venice via the bus, and the price, which I would say is likely half of what something similar would be in the city itself. So it's a trade off. For a short visit with a car, or airport or cruise ship location, it's probably good for you.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Customer,

thanks for writing your feedback about your stay. We are glad you enjoyed some aspects of our hotel and will definitely make treasure of your suggestions about what you didn't like so that we can improve our service right away.

Kind Regards