This is a lovely hotel. It is situated across the road from the bus stop outside the Mestre Train Station. From here you can get a bus into Venice (15 minutes). We got a 3 day ticket for 31 euros which also paid for the water buses around the city.
The hotel is completely re-furbished and rooms are not huge but they are nicely decorated, comfortable, and have plenty of storage space, seating and mirrors. The bathroom is fantastic with a shower big enough for two with a big powerful showerhead as well as body jets! There is also a large heated towel rail. We left the hotel fairly late - around 11 am / midday each day and the cleaners still attended to our room after this time.
The only issue was that the hairdryer is not very powerful and it took an age to dry my hair - not a complaint, just a tip ladies to take your own!
The windows in the rooms are lovely and big and open fully. Our view wasnt very good but that's not what we went to Venice for. The hotel bar is nice and serves cheap drinks. 1 euro ish for coffee, and around 3.50 euros for alcoholic drinks. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful. The ATVO bus from treviso airport stops about 200m from the hotel and is only 9 euros return. It takes 40 minutes.
If you don't mind staying outside central Venice this is the hotel for you and you can save a lot of money compared to the Island prices. We paid £ 194.00 for 3 nights through RyanAir.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Plus Hotel Bologna is located right across from Mestre railway station, and is ten minutes by train or bus from the center of Venice and the Grand Canal. It's easily accessible from the airports of Venice and Treviso and from the motorway. If you leave your car in the parking lot of the hotel you will be able to go and discover the wonders of Venice very easily. The Best Western Plus Hotel Bologna is also at the center of many tourist itineraries of great interest and fascination, as - for example - the villas of the Riviera del Brenta, the artistic cities of Padua, Vicenza and Verona, the beautiful view of the hills around Treviso, not to forget the nearby beaches and the beautiful Dolomites. The Best Western Plus Hotel Bologna has been operating for more than a century, with a strong passion for hospitality and with a recognized high standard in competence and experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Plus Hotel Bologna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Bologna Hotel
- Best Western Mestre
- Mestre Best Western
- Best Western Plus Hotel Bologna Province Of Venice/Mestre