We stayed here during our tour of Italy in the car and only picked it because of three things, the closeness to the train station, it had car parking and it was a Best Western - All 3 were bang on the money!
The hotel is a only 10 minute train ride from Venice with the station sited across the street, trains were always on time and very cheap - however do go early as to the ticket lines were long and finding your plateform can be a little stressful.
On arrival to the hotel we were even more happy when we were upgraded to a supreme room which after camping for a week was exactly what the doctor ordered. Room was very big with all the mod cons you expect with the added bonus of free WIFI which was very quick indeed.
The rest if the hotel didn't let us down either, first night we had supper in the bar restraunt as found the main one a little too posh.
The menu was slightly limited but there was a fillet steak, however the Italians do like there meat raw so if like me you like your steak UK cooked medium ask for well done or get them to slice in half as I did. Both our mains were quick and tasty so nothing to complain about there.
As mentioned in other posts the hotel does have parking available at 20 euro per night, not very secure but still felt the car was safe. At nights the gates were shut so do remember to take everything out the car or you will need to wait until morning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Plus Hotel Bologna is located right across from Mestre railway station, and is ten minutes by train or bus from the center of Venice and the Grand Canal. It's easily accessible from the airports of Venice and Treviso and from the motorway. If you leave your car in the parking lot of the hotel you will be able to go and discover the wonders of Venice very easily. The Best Western Plus Hotel Bologna is also at the center of many tourist itineraries of great interest and fascination, as - for example - the villas of the Riviera del Brenta, the artistic cities of Padua, Vicenza and Verona, the beautiful view of the hills around Treviso, not to forget the nearby beaches and the beautiful Dolomites. The Best Western Plus Hotel Bologna has been operating for more than a century, with a strong passion for hospitality and with a recognized high standard in competence and experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, getaroom.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Best Western Plus Hotel Bologna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Bologna Hotel
- Best Western Mestre
- Mestre Best Western
- Best Western Plus Hotel Bologna Province Of Venice/Mestre