“Definitely not a 4* hotel”
Review of Albatros Hotel

Albatros Hotel
Ranked #56 of 57 Hotels in Mestre
Reviewed 28 April 2011

I don't know who gave this hotel a 4-star rating, but I would rate it as a 2*. The room had no decoration at all and the beds would shink in the middle, causing backache. Wouldn't recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2011
4  Thank cbpapi

Reviewed 17 April 2011

I and my wife stayed in the hotel for a day and night. I found it very quiet and family type hotel. The hotel was booked prior to my visit to Venice from the home country. And, the per night tariff was reasonable. The breakfast was excellent.
The ACTV bus 2 can be used for traveling to Mestre or Venice.
I will recommend this hotel to any family visiting Venice for a quiet stay.

Room Tip: Book Early from Home country
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Sam E
Reviewed 13 January 2011

We spent 2 nights at Albatros. It is supposed to be a 4* hotel but it should have been a 3* actually.
We were with a group of 50 people and we came here because it was booked through a travel agency.

Very basic and the reception staff not very helpful. I noticed that some of us got a suite while others not. It was a standard room they said. Ours was really big , comfortable and clean.
It is not very long away from Venice but with the daily traffic it took us more than half an hour to get to Venice. The coach moved rather slowly.
Continental breakfast and dinner very poor. You have to pay for internet access here which is something that I always demand in the hotels I book for myself if I travel alone.

I don’t think I would pick this hotel again when back to Venice!

• Stayed: November 2010
3  Thank greekcypriot2009
Reviewed 6 September 2010

Before we left for our Shearings tour of Italy, I looked up the Hotel Albatros on Trip Advisor and was very apprehensive when I read the reviews, so was expecting the worst! We had a nice, clean large room, the hotel was situated in a pleasant area, the food was fine and the staff friendly.

My advice = Judge it for yourself...... Afterall, you can't please everyone all of the time!

Reviewed 22 August 2010

We recently stayed for 2 long nights while on a bus tour. It was the worst hotel on our tour. There were hairs on the bed and in the shower. We asked to move to a different room. Woke up in the morning with bug bites. Worse than a Motel 6! The pictures online are not anything like what our room looked like.
Pro's: large towels, dinner was okay, lobby and dining room looks nice
Con's: location, cleanliness, front desk staff, thin walls, poor breakfast

4  Thank cyclone_fan24
Reviewed 20 August 2010

I stayed at this hotel with my husband as part of a Shearings group on a tour of Italy. The hotel is located in a quiet residential area with a supermarket and bar opposite. We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights and were pleased with the experience.
The room we had appeared to be one of the larger rooms on the floor with a seating area and lots of space. The rooms looked like they had been recently painted but the fixtures were of a rather unusual style. The bathroom was quite large but the bath was very slippy when having a shower and we had to put a towel down in the bathtub.
The dinners we had were reasonable with a choice of starter and the breakfast was plentiful if basic, with a selection of cold meats, cheese, eggs, cereals, bread and fruit.
This hotel had a small bar with beers costing 3Euros and it also had a nice terrace to sit outside.
We were pleased with this hotel and its proximity to Venice.

Reviewed 12 June 2010

It looks like a hotel from the East block! Rude staff, very poor breakfast and rooms without any character. It worths only to go to sleep after a very heavy daylong excursion at the amazing Venice.

Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mestre
Kappa Hotel
#36 of 57 in Mestre
Smart Hotel Holiday
Smart Hotel Holiday
#10 of 57 in Mestre

Been to Albatros Hotel? Share your experiences!