Hilton Garden Inn Venice Mestre San Giuliano
US$122
  • Restaurant
US$142
2,839 results
All reviewsthe busnice poolwater busesbus stop right outside the hotelexcellent hotelmarco polo airportshuttle serviceday passmodern hotelstayed here for nightsten minutesclose to the airporttakes minutesminute ridepublic transportationper persongrand canal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I choose to stay here before staying in a hotel on any of the islands in Venice when Im going on a cruise. The hotel is pretty near the airport and perfect for a night or two. The hotel is contemporary and clean with a nice pool. The breakfast buffe is really good with a lot to choose from and the staff is friendly both in the restaurant and at the front desk. If you wanna take the bus to the islands it takes 10-20 minutes to Piazzale Roma and costs very little. Its very cheap to stay here compared to staying in an often old and not very modern 4 star hotel in Venice. Not having to carry luggage in and out of boats is a big plus. Great value! I have already booked this hotel for one night before and after the next cruise in August.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My wife and I spent two nights at this hotel before boarding a cruise out of Venice. For just a few Euros we were able to take bus #5 from the airport to directly in front of the hotel. You'll need bus tickets so by them at the airport before boarding. Then be sure to ask the driver to let you off at the Hilton Garden Inn. Otherwise you'll have to press a button on the bus for it to stop. It would be helpful to look at the hotel location on a website such as Google Earth. If you use the view from the ground function, you'll see the pedestrian overpass in front of the hotel. It's easy to spot from the bus and the only pedestrian overpass I noticed on the route. (Note: At home I printed the name and address of the hotel on a sheet of paper and showed that to the driver in case he didn't understand my English or very limited Italian). Also for a few Euros you can take bus #5, and I think #9, into Venice and back. The hotel can provide you with the exact bus numbers and sell you tickets as well. Both rides are short. If you're going to the port for a cruise, make arrangements the day before with the hotel to pay for and use their shuttle. It's worth the extra money since the buses can get crowded and the hotel shuttle will take you directly to the dock where you'll need to check in.
As for the hotel itself, it was clean, modern and had the amenities we needed including free Wi-Fi. Also, it was very convenient for us to eat dinner and breakfast there. We thought that both the food and service were excellent. The buffet breakfast had a great selection and we loved it. The staff spoke English and was friendly and helpful.
Bottom line, we'd stay there again.
Note: I accidentally rated the Spa below but I don't think the hotel had one.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 38EdS
Reviewed 13 May 2014

What a great decision i made staying at this hotel as we needed to be at the airport at 4am. The hotel arranged for a shuttle to take us to the airport. The nice thing about this hotel is that there is a bus stop right outside the hotel that takes you to the water part of venice. The rooms were amazing. I would definately go back tomorrow.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My wife and I stayed for 3 nights in total,it was a real pleasure. It's modern, comfortable and the service provided by the really helpful and friendly staff was exceptional. What a change to stay somewhere where you genuinely felt welcome. You can even get bus tickets from the reception desk, and the bus stop into Venice is right outside the hotel. The Hotel restaurant is a little pricey, however the service and the food is very good. We tended to eat in Venice for a lot less so everything worked out fine. They run an Airport shuttle bus to and from the Hotel, but be warned you have to book it in advance the cost however is very reasonable and definitely cheaper than a taxi. I must recommend Fredrico on reception, his english is great and he really was remarkably helpful in all ways.

Room Tip: There are rooms near an outside bar by the lovely swimming pool, best to steer clear it got quite noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I cannot prasie this hotel enough for service. Everyone we dealt with spoke wonderful English (great for us heathens that don't speak Italian) When we checked in the reception staff even invited us, once we had settled in our room, to come and see them about how to travel to Venice and possible trips. They also explained that we could get public transport tickets from them and how they worked. A very useful map was also porived.

The restaurant staff were lovely, particularly at breakfast. We ate evening meal only on the first night as the rain was so bad we did not want to venture out. The only downside was the meal, which was a little bland and a little overpriced in our opinion. The breakfast also seemed a little short of staff although the choice was more than we expected.

The location is fantastic as the bus literally stops outside, and unlike british buses, all arrived at the correct time. It was just a 10 minute bus journey to venice bus terminal, where the main terminus for the water buses is located. The hotel very kindly arranged for their own shuttle bus to collect us from the airport and take us back. Obviously we were charged for this.

The room was, how shall i put it, functional. We had a big disabled room. Unfortunately the weather was so poor we could not use the hotel pool, although we did not go for the pool. We had prepaid through expedia but were told a local room tax had to be paid seperate.

One word of advice for Venice is take and use some form of mosquitio repellent as both me and my wife must have been very appertising. We came home covered in bites and itches. Venice however is all we were expecting and more. Again everyone (nearly) speaks flawless English and are so friendly. I must say it did make me laugh when the hotel receptionist told me that it helps when people from othwr countries speak English, what about Italian.

If we do revisit Venice in the future we will certainly book at this hotel. Thanks to all.

Room Tip: dont try and find a slot for the electronic key as there isnt one. It is just scanned.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple