“Good experience”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
“Good experience”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Great clean hotel with excellent pool and fitness center. Front desk staff was excellent. Poor location off island that required bus ride. Restaurant staff service for dinner was terrible. Food was good.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Rich M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The hotel is ultra-modern and really nice. We forgot to bring a US adaptor and did not request one until later on in the evening. They had run out but when I explained it was for a C-pap machine, they called other hotels in the area and found us one. Also, if you are in need of their shuttle service, book it in advance to ensure you will be able to get to and from the airport on time. They have one shuttle and it fills up. Cabs are available but it costs significantly more than the Hilton shuttle service. The beds are really comfy and they have free internet.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank 881lyndad
Spencerville, Indiana
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This was my very first time visiting a European country and this hotel was the first I stayed at. It started out a little rocky, but ended well. After a very long flight with little sleep, someone from the hotel was supposed to meet me at the airport holding a sign with my name and take me directly to the hotel for early check-in. I ended up wandering around the airport for an hour and a half before I was finally met by my ride. He was there the entire time, but was holding a sign with the wrong name!!! I finally get to the hotel at 10:30 a.m. ready for early check-in so I can get a few hours of sleep before my husband was able to come and meet me. (He was already there on business) And they wouldn't let me do early check-in because the hotel was full. My husband was in communication with the hotel before I came to make sure this would be possible. It was very frustrating that they didn't seem to make it a priority after they told my husband, yes, they would try to accommodate me. So I ended up sleeping on a couch in the lobby for about two hours. After I finally got some sleep and we were able to check in, I thought the room was very nice, clean, and the bed was very comfortable. Not all hotels in Italy have air conditioning, but this one did. Very comfortable. We were able to do some currency exchange right there at the hotel and buy our 48 hour bus pass that we put to good use. You can use the pass for the vaperettos on the island of Venice as well. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was very nice, but cost a whopping 13 euro per person! Overall, our stay was nice and I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ldrake97
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Such a nice stay deserves a positive review.

My family and I just stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Mestre for 3 nights while visiting Venice. The hotel's high marks on TripAdvisor and elsewhere are well deserved. Boutique hotel vibe, with lots of amenities and a very friendly and helpful staff.

In the end, my family decided that this a much better one than staying in Venice itself. Free parking and easy access for our rental car, bus stop right outside the front door, and then 7 minutes to Piazzale Roma in Venice.

One tip. Our reservation was split into two for reasons I cannot recall. Note that the 2 Queen rooms are significantly larger and better laid out than the King rooms -- worth the few extra dollars/euros.

Also, the only part of the hotel stay that was a bit sub-par was the breakfast. Not bad, but the kitchen supervisor could and probably should up the game. Coffee, fruit (fruit cup, like in grade school), and limp bacon could be better. However, we nonetheless did pay to eat breakfast in the hotel every morning and did enjoy it. We considered this a good deal compared to Venice prices. And free for our kids and for HHonors Gold and Diamond members.

To summarize, very nice hotel, very convenient to Venice, and we had a very pleasant stay there.

Room Tip: Queen rooms are significantly larger and better laid out than the King rooms -- worth the few extra...
2 Thank OutOfTheOffice_13
Melrose, United States
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed here because we were going to both Venice and Verona. Good food, service and friendly staff. We had a problem that was not the fault of the hotel but the GM Christina was concerned about it and treated us royally. Bob and Elizabeth

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn is a good choice in the vicinity of the airport. Good sized, clean room with a helpful and friendly staff. The internet was insanely slow, however. We also encountered something that appears to be common in Italy...no washcloths.

Like some other travelers, this was a stopping off point the night before a cruise. It's perfect for that purpose. Try the restaurant next door. Best food we had in Venice. It's not aimed at tourists.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MrKite9
Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel near airport and outside of Venice. Sat by pool relaxing from air travel for a day prior to cruise. New US type hotel, modern facility, nice restaurant, bar, by bus stop if you want to visit Venice. A large number of people were shuttled to the cruise ships in the morning.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Joe G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mestre
Hotel Villa Costanza
#2 of 58 in Mestre
NH Laguna Palace
#12 of 58 in Mestre
Villa Barbarich
#1 of 58 in Mestre
Giudecca
Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Venice Mestre San Giuliano? Share your experiences!