We decided on this hotel because it was on mainland (didn't want to drag suitcases over narrow streets in Venice) and we like Hilton brand. First let's start how to get there- we arrived on the train from Florence. You could either get off at Santa Lucia station or Mestre station. The cab ride from the 2nd choice is about 22-25 euros & is clearly a rip-off since the hotel is about 4 km away. There is a bus #15 and also #9 that stop right outside the hotel from the Mestre station (1.30 euro)-the stop is called Orlandia. You can check the bus schedule outside the hotel. The staff is very helpful; they also sell bus tickets as well as bus passes+water taxi tickets. The #5, 9, and 19 buses run (each has a different schedule)4 or so times per hour. They stop services from Venice between 10 pm and midnight. The hotel is easy to spot from the bus since it's located by a Nissan dealership and next to a glass covered walkway. The ride to Venice is about 20-25 min depending on the traffic. It's the bus' last stop.
The bus system in Italy is very good and buses run on schedule. Be aware that you need to validate your tickets (saw a group of American kids getting a fine-not a pretty picture) once aboard & also call your stop.
The hotel itself has a nice large pool. Its location is a bit strange but overall we had a very pleasant stay. The breakfast buffet is very extensive and has some American standards like a waffle maker etc. The room was large and new; reminded me more of a standard Double Tree room elsewhere in Europe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Garden Inn Venice Mestre is midway between Venice's historic centre and Venice Marco Polo Airport. It offers free Wi-Fi, parking and an outdoor pool.Hilton Garden Inn Venice Mestre has air-conditioned double rooms with free Wi-Fi, coffee/tea maker, free access to the 24-hour business centre and to the fitness centre.The restaurant serves classic Italian and international cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Snacks and beverages can be purchased at the bar or in the Pavillion Pantry, Hilton's on-site market. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Venice Mestre San Giuliano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Venice Mestre Hotel Mestre
- Capitol Palace Mestre
- Capitol Palace Hotel Mestre
- Hilton Garden Inn Venice Mestre San Giuliano Province Of Venice