“Great Hotel and Location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Elite Hotel

Elite Hotel
Ranked #24 of 58 Hotels in Mestre
Indian Trail, North Carolina
“Great Hotel and Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

My wife and I stayed here post-cruise for one night. There was nothing available in Venice, so we decided to stay just outside. We took the bus from Piazzele Roma in Venice to Mestre and walked to the hotel. It is about a 15 minute walk from the main square to the hotel, which was great because no bus or taxi needed. The best part was there was so much to do that we never even thought about returning to Venice (we stayed there 2 days pre-cruise). Within a 15 minute walk, there is a mall, the main road with nothing but shopping and cafes, and a square (wish I could remember the name) that was buzzing once things opened around 5:30pm, which is when Venice starts to snooze.
The room was large and very clean. I have a habit of checking for bed bugs in every hotel and as I searched the sheets and bedding, it was all extremely clean. The bathroom was very nice and shower functioned perfect. It did take us a minute to figure out you had to leave the room key in the slot near the door for the a/c and lights to stay on...very green. There was a mini-fridge for us to keep our drinks cold. The woman that checked us in was very helpful with bus schedules and let us keep our luggage there since we checked-in early. The bus to the airport is literally across the street..perfect for our 7am flight.
There is breakfast but due to our early flight, we did not get to enjoy. There is a very comfortable lounge area, free wi-fi with your laptap, vending machines, and even a bar, coffee shop, and cafe on-site. I would definitely stay again and have no problem recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Haarlem, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

Building and surroundings are not very attractive, but whitin a 10 minutes drive you're in Venice. Room is spacious, but the carpet is completely worn-out and dirty.
Bedspread and decorative pillows were dirty as well. Breakfast is okay, and the gentlemen behind the reception were most kind and very helpfull in everything. The layout of the hotel can be a bit confusing. And although the doors are pretty soundproof you can hear all the doors slamming in the hallway.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Mestre hotels

Hong Kong
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

My friend and I stayed in Elite Hotel Residence from 6th August to 8th August 2011. It was reallya hot summer, we were lucky that the room was air-conditioned. Yet we were only given a very thin white flat sheet for covering at night. We felt cooler and cooler when it came to the midnight so I called to the reception for 2 blankets. The receptionist asked me to come down for the blankets and said he was not allowed to go up to the rooms. Alright, this sounded very acceptable and reasonable. This is also a usual practice in many hotels as well.

However, when I came down to the reception, the whole lobby was so dim, there was no light at all except at the reception counter. The male receptionist at the counter showed me that I must follow him through a dark corridor. He said very clearly that I need to FOLLOW HIM TO A ROOM for blankets. It was already 2:00am, there was nobody around and no light at all. I said NO. He replied this was HOTEL POLICY. I felt very uncomfortable with this "hotel policy" and felt threatened. I insisted staying at the counter, he insisted that I must follow him. After a minute, he went to the end of the corridor alone angrily. I stayed at the counter for a few minutes, I felt terribly threatened and unsafe, so I went upstairs immediately and asked my friend to come down with me. When we arrived at the lobby again, the male receptionist threw 2 blankets into our arms in a resentful manner. I wrote to the manager already and request for an explanation.

After all, the hotel is clean and cosy. Can be reached by bus #12 in about 15 minutes from Venice.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Chicago area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

I was a bit taken aback by the demeanor of the front desk staff at check-in. They were very helpful but really need to learn that service with a smile goes a long way towards how guests feel about a place. I felt a tolerance for humanity rather than a love of it.

Otherwise I found the hotel a perfect place for the average person to park themselves before and after an excursion to Venice. The rooms are quiet and comfortable. The bathrooms were excellent by European standards in this price class. I wish there had been a table and chairs on the balcony. The internet service worked well enough. The breakfast was okay, not great and not bad. It was all you really need before a day in Venice or before hitting the road to your next stop. The front desk was able to supply us with directions to the bus and even tickets for the water bus in Venice.

If I come back to visit Venice again this is where I'll stay. Any complaints I have are minor considering the cost for a night or two here. And maybe I'll get to see those folks at the front desk with a big smile on their face.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Pune
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

We have stayed at the Elite Hotel for 3 nights last week end and really enjoyed the
experience. Venice can be reached by bus - only 10 minutes - and tickets can be bought at the reception; we left our car in their parkinspace - free! - and saved the money for
parking in Venice.
Our room was perfectly sound-proof, the bed truly comfortable with high-quality
mattress; the bathrom was flawless, think toiletries were very nice. Buffet breakfast
excellent and varied.
Thanks to the staff, very kind and attentive to our needs.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Dallas/Ft Worth TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2011

I think most negative hotel reviews are the result of inflated expectations or clear misfortunes. Please do not expect a grand American 5 Star hotel here. I was here to see Italy, not spend time in the lap of luxury for $100/night.

That being said, this hotel had amazing service and very quality amenities. We arrived at 9AM and were accommodated with our rooms early. From that point on the two ladies at the desk were incredibly friendly and professional. Internet and breakfast were included in my room price so check if you are expecting that. The wifi was available throughout the hotel with my macbook and also on a desktop provided in a commons area.

The bus is just a block over and can take you into Venice in about 15 minutes. Tickets are available at the front desk and they will also help you make your way around Mestre.

Mestre itself is a great little area to walk around and you can easily walk to restaurants/shopping. Neat little area for exploring and people watching.

SO , the rooms are kinda small by my standard but it is Europe. Very clean and modern looking. Bathrooms were out of this world with tile, glass and colored LED lights. Room also included a safe and small refrigerator. Comfortable and clean bed. Quiet room.

Breakfast buffet had much to choose from and included a combo of American and European selections.

We stayed for one night before our cruise left for Greece and used the bus to get to the plaza in Venice. From there we took a taxi for 10 Euro to the port.

Overall, Elite is an exceptional value for the money with pleasant accommodations and amazing service. I would go back and stay again for multiple nights.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2011

I tried to book a room at this hotel for the night of May 21, 2011 through www.initalia.it. They charged my credit card twice for this despite giving me warning messages that there was an error with my payment and further action was needed to complete the reservation. I was charged approx. $196 euro for two rooms for the same night. I showed up on May 21, and they would not give me a room, stating they had never received notice of my reservation, and wouldn't even let me stay at the same price as my reservation

Room Tip: avoid at all costs- rip off hotel - scam