“"Friendly Hotel"” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 58 Hotels in Mestre
Toronto, Canada
“"Friendly Hotel"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

Very nice modern and clean hotel. Nice breakfast and the most friendly staff. It was a very pleasant stay for our family of five (me, my husband and 3 adult children). I wish we stay longer, but we made reservation only for one night – BIG mistake. When you travel with idea of exploring the city one day is not enough and very inconvenient, because the next morning when we have to check out with our suitcases that wasn't fun at all. Thankfully the staff was very nice and accommodating and stored our luggage for a day. Our rooms where beautiful and bathrooms modern and shinny clean – love it. We will be back. Thank you.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2011

One of the hotel receptionists was very friendly and helpful. We stayed in a nice room which also had a clean and spacious bathroom. The shuttle bus from the airport stops right outside the hotel (costs 5 euros) It is convenient to catch a bus into venice which only takes around 10-15 mins. After reading some reviews of the hotel, we expected free internet but there is actually no free internet access... Breakfast included were decent.

We recommend this hotel if you'd like to visit Venice and don't want to pay too much to stay on the island.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Indian Trail, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

My wife and I stayed here post-cruise for one night. There was nothing available in Venice, so we decided to stay just outside. We took the bus from Piazzele Roma in Venice to Mestre and walked to the hotel. It is about a 15 minute walk from the main square to the hotel, which was great because no bus or taxi needed. The best part was there was so much to do that we never even thought about returning to Venice (we stayed there 2 days pre-cruise). Within a 15 minute walk, there is a mall, the main road with nothing but shopping and cafes, and a square (wish I could remember the name) that was buzzing once things opened around 5:30pm, which is when Venice starts to snooze.
The room was large and very clean. I have a habit of checking for bed bugs in every hotel and as I searched the sheets and bedding, it was all extremely clean. The bathroom was very nice and shower functioned perfect. It did take us a minute to figure out you had to leave the room key in the slot near the door for the a/c and lights to stay on...very green. There was a mini-fridge for us to keep our drinks cold. The woman that checked us in was very helpful with bus schedules and let us keep our luggage there since we checked-in early. The bus to the airport is literally across the street..perfect for our 7am flight.
There is breakfast but due to our early flight, we did not get to enjoy. There is a very comfortable lounge area, free wi-fi with your laptap, vending machines, and even a bar, coffee shop, and cafe on-site. I would definitely stay again and have no problem recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Haarlem, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

Building and surroundings are not very attractive, but whitin a 10 minutes drive you're in Venice. Room is spacious, but the carpet is completely worn-out and dirty.
Bedspread and decorative pillows were dirty as well. Breakfast is okay, and the gentlemen behind the reception were most kind and very helpfull in everything. The layout of the hotel can be a bit confusing. And although the doors are pretty soundproof you can hear all the doors slamming in the hallway.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Mestre hotels

Hong Kong
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

My friend and I stayed in Elite Hotel Residence from 6th August to 8th August 2011. It was reallya hot summer, we were lucky that the room was air-conditioned. Yet we were only given a very thin white flat sheet for covering at night. We felt cooler and cooler when it came to the midnight so I called to the reception for 2 blankets. The receptionist asked me to come down for the blankets and said he was not allowed to go up to the rooms. Alright, this sounded very acceptable and reasonable. This is also a usual practice in many hotels as well.

However, when I came down to the reception, the whole lobby was so dim, there was no light at all except at the reception counter. The male receptionist at the counter showed me that I must follow him through a dark corridor. He said very clearly that I need to FOLLOW HIM TO A ROOM for blankets. It was already 2:00am, there was nobody around and no light at all. I said NO. He replied this was HOTEL POLICY. I felt very uncomfortable with this "hotel policy" and felt threatened. I insisted staying at the counter, he insisted that I must follow him. After a minute, he went to the end of the corridor alone angrily. I stayed at the counter for a few minutes, I felt terribly threatened and unsafe, so I went upstairs immediately and asked my friend to come down with me. When we arrived at the lobby again, the male receptionist threw 2 blankets into our arms in a resentful manner. I wrote to the manager already and request for an explanation.

After all, the hotel is clean and cosy. Can be reached by bus #12 in about 15 minutes from Venice.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Chicago area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

I was a bit taken aback by the demeanor of the front desk staff at check-in. They were very helpful but really need to learn that service with a smile goes a long way towards how guests feel about a place. I felt a tolerance for humanity rather than a love of it.

Otherwise I found the hotel a perfect place for the average person to park themselves before and after an excursion to Venice. The rooms are quiet and comfortable. The bathrooms were excellent by European standards in this price class. I wish there had been a table and chairs on the balcony. The internet service worked well enough. The breakfast was okay, not great and not bad. It was all you really need before a day in Venice or before hitting the road to your next stop. The front desk was able to supply us with directions to the bus and even tickets for the water bus in Venice.

If I come back to visit Venice again this is where I'll stay. Any complaints I have are minor considering the cost for a night or two here. And maybe I'll get to see those folks at the front desk with a big smile on their face.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Pune
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

We have stayed at the Elite Hotel for 3 nights last week end and really enjoyed the
experience. Venice can be reached by bus - only 10 minutes - and tickets can be bought at the reception; we left our car in their parkinspace - free! - and saved the money for
parking in Venice.
Our room was perfectly sound-proof, the bed truly comfortable with high-quality
mattress; the bathrom was flawless, think toiletries were very nice. Buffet breakfast
excellent and varied.
Thanks to the staff, very kind and attentive to our needs.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple