“Fantastic”
Review of Elite Hotel

Elite Hotel
Ranked #21 of 58 Hotels in Mestre
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I booked this trip as a surprise for my mum 60th. I booked 3 rooms. I emailed the hotel to request a pick up from the airport. Upon landing he was there waiting, we checked in with ease the receptionist provided us with lots of info on how to get around. I would recommend the unlimited bus ticket defiantly get your money worth. We were pleasantly surprised with the breakfast great selection and loads of it. Overall we had a fantastic time and could find no fault with anything I'd recommend to everyone l.

• Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Loved the hotel. It was comfortable, relaxed, but efficient. Modern art on the walls and decor interesting and different. Staff very friendly and helpful. Delicious breakfast.Excellent service.We will happily recommend this hotel

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ragip M
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I spent a long time looking for a hotel for me and my fiancé for a romantic week in Venice, I was looking at all the hotels that were actually on the island of Venice and even though I didn't want to skimp on the price, I still took that into consideration.
Being our first time in Venice I looked at the transport option from the airport to the hotel, and transport in Venice is not "easy" and the prices on the actual Island were pretty high.
Our arrival was late in the evening, and I didn't want to walk around, lugging our suitcases around Venice in the middle of the night, trying to find our hotel in streets that are difficult to navigate.
I found the price of hotel Elite to be within our range, and I liked the location and the look of the hotel from their pictures.
There were many reviews where the staff was said to be rude and unhelpful, so I was kind of crossing my fingers and hoping that it might be the "client" who made the staff appear rude.

Turns out we were right/lucky, I communicated with the staff perfectly, they were very helpful in explaining to us how to get around, what would be happenings to see in Venice and routes to take through Venice that was not marked as a tourist route.

The room was very nice, the bed was comfortable. However, and I don't know if this is a recurring theme, the shower/toilet had glass walls so everything going on in there were in full view of the main room, while the shower art was "fun" the toilet part made it so that one person would have to take a moment on the balcony :)
And there were all kinds of fun lights you could make in the shower stall and under the bed, felt like a strip club at moments, but that was just the first few minutes when we played with it.

the breakfast was superb, they had bread, fresh cut up fruit, cold cuts, cereal, hard boiled, soft boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, sunny side up, bacon and sausages, yoghurt etc etc, I travel a lot in my work function, and I have been disappointed in the breakfast selection in much larger hotels than this, Elite had a very good breakfast, and the maids kept the tables clean the second someone left.

The first few days we were uncertain about the shuttle service, and we took a taxi from the hotel and out to Venice, this cost around 20€, after studying the maps, we bought a round trip ticket in the reception for the shuttle bus, and that cost €4 for two persons. the bus stop was 5 minutes walk behind the hotel and the bus was clearly labeled, and the timetable had one passing every 30 minutes.

The reception was very helpful to me and my fiancé, but when checking in we observed the couple in front of us being treated with the minimum amount of service, however the couple was from the eastern part of europe (and then some) and were very demeaning in their attitude.
I started getting anxious, but once we were up to the counter and I treated them to a smile and a hello and told them of my reservation, it was all very nice from there :)

The only minus I can give this hotel is the bathroom glass window thing, however we worked around it by one of us using the bathroom in the reception after breakfast or when coming back to the hotel after a day in Venice, oh and the small bar behind the reception was closed for our whole stay there, it might be miscommunication, but the only answer I got when asking about the bar was "It's closed" and we couldn't buy a bottle of wine in the reception (that was weird)

there is no ATM at the hotel, and I didn't ask them if I could withdraw money. the nearest ATM I could find was 10 minutes walk away, and there was also the nearest supermarket.
there was one time when I had to use the supermarket, when we had to get hygiene products and water, other than that we did all our eating and shopping in Venice.

Another plus for the hotel is, as we were walking around in Venice, we saw a lot of people lugging suitcases around the narrow cobblestone streets, up and down the tiny bridges, and I thought to myself "thank god I didn't choose a hotel out here"

All in all, a very long review, but I would choose this hotel again even if the hotels on the island were half the price.

Room Tip: Don't know if the glass wall to the bathroom is a hotel wide feature, but I would ask for a room...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Kim M
Reviewed 23 December 2013

This is not a bad hotel… not at all… it's an average hotel that could easily merit 3 stars but… I payed 12 euros for having 24h wifi in my room and it didn't work… when I came down the reception to ask what was wrong, maybe the signal was not good in the room or maybe something else was happening I faced the rudest receptionist I ever met in my entire life that didn't want to know what was the problem and the first thing he said was "You can have your money back" I said "yes I will get my money but since this is very important for me Iwill give it a try here in the lobby" I tried and here I am with my review :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank evdokimos
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel before our Greek Islands Cruise. The hotel is modern and the room was plain but adequate for our needs. It is easy to get into Venice by bus and takes about 15 minutes - tickets can be purchased at the Hotel reception. There are lots of Restaurants about a 15 minute walk away and an Indian Restaurant almost next door. The buffet breakfast, however, was certainly not 4* more motel. The fruit was tinned and the dish for it was tiny and often not available, people were using juice glasses instead. The cooked choice was very poor and the scrambled egg, probably made from dried egg, was chunky and sometimes grey. There is cheese and cheap ham and bread and cakes. The coffee was great. Hot drinks in the evening were disappointing. Hot chocolate was never available and the tea and coffee both tasted strange. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The best hotel...

On booking.com is something like "bad breakfast" well i don't think so...the breakfast was excelent...
The room clean a fresh...
Staff helped me with everything i needed...they are wery friendly...
For instance yesterday i needed pharmacy it was 23h at night...staff helped me...pointed on map and i found it with no problem...

From me 10/10

Vladimir Pospisil

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My family and I spent just one day and a night at the hotel, but we loved it! It's situated in a lovely area of Mestre. It's just a short walk from the Elite Hotel till the bus stop to Venice. By bus, Venice is just 10 minutes away from this point. There is a good parking for the car, the rooms are very comfortable, modern and clean, the breakfast is very good. All the parts of the hotel are new, clean and quiet, and the staff is kind. We intend to be a guest again in our next trip to Venice.

Room Tip: We spent few time to discuss it, but we didn' t have any problem. Our room was excellent"
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family