Hotel Ambasciata
US$115
US$105
Hotel Aaron(Mestre)
US$106
All reviewstrain stationfriendly receptionistyogurthamwalking distancebreakfast room isvenice islandair conhot waterstay in venicebooked this hotelcheeseeurominsfiproximity
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for a couple of nights. The hotel is very close to Mestre Station which was a plus. Just a walking distance so it was marvellous. It's in a quiet neighbourhood which suited me just fine. On arrival I was courteously dealt with and went to my room. The room was fairly small for a double room but very very clean. The ambience was great and the plus for me was that the room was cool when I arrived because it was a very hot summers day. So Thank you hotel Ambasciata. That was thoughtful. I couldn't ask for more. Anyway, moving on. As I settled in I wanted to check out the latest news in the world so I was hoping to get at least BBC or CNN. Well, lo and behold there was none. There were a million and one channels in Italian ( am exaggerating of course) so I was rather disappointed.
My other disappointment was the no drinking and eating rule in the room. It was the first time I had encountered such a rule so I found it interesting to say the least. But I guess there's a legitimate reason for that.
Prodding on, another positive aspect was the WI FI in the room which I enjoyed enormously.
All in all it was a fantastic stay.
Would I come back again? Of course and I would recommend it to all my friends and family.
Staffs were great.
Kudos to you hotel Ambasciata.
Thank you.
A satisfied customer.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Vida A
Reviewed 11 July 2014

One of the better hotels and located on a good position near the city center and Venice.
Breakfast is very good with lot of variables. You have a free parking in front of the hotel but it is limited for about 15 cars. It has a gym. And a reasonable price. Easy to find, staff is polite. Very recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Spartan_01
Reviewed 18 June 2014

As Four friends visiting Venice in June, I booked this Hotel mainly due to the location and price.
I had previously stayed in Venice it's self and found the Hotels to be way overpriced.

This Hotel was REALLY GOOD!!
Very clean with friendly staff who are happy to help with any concerns and queries.

The rooms were IMMACULATE and the beds very comfy with quality bedding and pillows.

The air con is a BONUS as we were there for 3 nights while they were having a bit of a heat wave so the temp were around 35/38deg. The electrics in the room are operated by inserting your key card, so when you leave the room all electrics go off, including the Air Con.

So after a long day out in Venice sight seeing in the MAD HOT SUN we were not looking forward to getting back to a red hot room, BUT,...... the staff had inserted a card for us so that when we arrived back, the air con had been on and the room was lovely and cool,......... How nice is that ??? We were very grateful for that I can tell you!!

The breakfast room is quite small but lovely clean and bright and the food was freshly prepared, I am not a lover of continental breakfasts, but this was very nice with lovely fresh crusty rolls and hot croissants, ham, eggs, cheese, salami as well as plenty fruit and cereals too.

There is also a toaster for you to toast your own slices of bread and a really lovely Coffee machine, if you are in fact a coffee lover in the mornings, I prefer tea myself, but still had coffee as everyone seemed to be raving about it. LOL

The staff were very friendly and hard working, I would certainly recommend this Hotel to anyone visiting Venice, as the station is also only 5 mins walk away, both bus and train.

There is only ONE thing that I feel could have improved our stay, and that would be to have tea & Coffee making facilities in our room.

We pre purchased a Water Taxi Pass for 72hrs and CERTAINLY got our money's worth, as it was also usable on the bus into Venice from the Mestre.

These are a MUST if you intend to do a lot of sight seeing up and down the Grand Canal as well as The Lido, Murano and Burano.

Venice is a "Very Magical Place" and we loved every minute of our stay there :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jantex
Reviewed 10 March 2014

The Hotel Ambasciata on the mainland Mestre region of Venice is a perfectly sensible and comfortable hotel. Only a five minute walk from the Venice Mestre train station and bus stop.

Both methods of transport are a close 15 minute ride to Venice island. Few train stations can boast a view on exit than the Venice Santa Lucia Station, where the visitor upon exit is confronted immediately with the Grand Canal and the Scalzi Bridge.

The visitor to Venice must make a choice to either stay on the island or on the mainland. It's horses for courses. Choose to stay on the mainland for convenience if your plans include visits to Verona, Florence and Lake Garda or if you are looking for a budget hotel.

Stay on the island if you can afford to pay more for a hotel, and wish to totally immerse yourself in the atmosphere and culture of the Venetian experience. Contrary to popular opinion, reasonably priced food can be obtained in Venice, you just have to walk around and discover it. If I have one tip to offer, consider your luggage, because if you cannot lug them over the bridges and down the alleys, then be prepared to pay handsomely for a water taxi. Venice can easily part money from your wallet from the moment you arrive. So do some research. Samsonite gliders may be excellent at the airport, but they are useless in Venice.

This review is about the Ambasciata Hotel, not about Venice per se - so here is my review:

Most visitors to the hotel will arrive by bus from Marco Polo Airport - about 45 minutes journey. The bus will stop at Venice Mestre train station - upon disembarking cross over the road and head left (the opposite direction from the bus). The hotel is in Via Fagare - the third street on the right. Walk down this road and it's on the left hand side of the street. It's a residential area, but very quiet, although a slight drawback are the communal rubbish skips nearby which could disturb your sleep in the early hours because they can be noisy when the locals are depositing their household refuse in them which they tend to do at a late hour or early morning. Still, look at it as an early morning call.

On route to the hotel, be prepared to pass cafés, shops and groups of people which tend to be cosmopolitan. There is a back street way to the station, easily found, which can avoid those places if required. There is also an excellent supermarket nearby, selling traditional Italian food, and the delicatessen is a cornucopia of traditional Italian meats, sausage, hams, olives, anchovies - think antipasti, and the culinary world is your oyster.

The rooms are adequate and comfortable with opening windows, air con and heating. The bathroom is tight, but functional. The shower is a squeeze, but clean and efficient; wi-fi is freely available in the rooms and throughout all areas; a mini fridge, tv (too many channels to count if you have the time to surf them – all in Italian or dubbed from English); practical wardrobe space, and sensibly placed electric outlets and lighting. The breakfast room is sufficiently large enough to avoid congestion, with a very decent variety of continental choice, such as a selection of hams, cereals, yoghurt, breads etc. A toaster is provided, and at this point, I must endorse - as other reviewer have - a most amazing coffee machine.

There is a small area outside the entrance with comfortable chairs for chilling out with a drink and a cigarette should you be a slave to the weed. You can buy drinks, but remember that you'll pay a premium for the privilege. The hotel does not encourage bringing your own food and drink which is emphasised by instruction in the room, but I suspect that's to deter less considerate guests from bringing in takeaways etc, and taking advantage of the general goodwill of the establishment, and I support them in that regard.

You could buy booze cheaper at a local supermarket, but I wouldn't encourage it - it's a budget hotel so don't complain about the price of beer - you've already got a good rate - so keep your dignity.

Throughout my visit I was treated most courteously and respectfully. The Ambasciata Hotel is a fine establishment which really fulfils it's purpose. Small, perfectly formed, friendly management, efficient employees, great breakfast, comfortable rooms, elevator, excellent location, and a safe and secure area. I've forgotten the name of the manager, which is most amiss of me, but he was extremely helpful, sociable, and considerate to my needs. His English is better than my Italian, and I thank him for that.

Finally, I'd like to comment on the area. Some commentators have expressed their feelings of insecurity. It's an ethnically diverse and eclectic area, and like most places in Europe where there is a busy transport hub, there will always be such places which may appear incongruous to expectations. For all that, it is safe, it is exciting, it is welcoming and just down the road across the water, it is very Venetian.

Yes, I recommend this hotel very highly and would be happy to return to it again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Nostromo
Reviewed 9 January 2014

location and price are the main reason for staying in this hotel. a few minutes walk to the train station and 15 minutes by train to Venice ... rooms and breakfast are solid. no wifi in rooms.
good value for the money, great location for visiting Venice!

Room Tip: ask for a room on the upper floors for the view of the city
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family