“Absolutely a great place to stay”
Review of Hotel Da Tito

Hotel Da Tito
Ranked #57 of 58 Hotels in Mestre
Milano
“Absolutely a great place to stay”
Reviewed 16 July 2011

This was our first time to visit Venice. Had always heard about it and felt like we knew it before we arrived. It is incredible! We loved the historic ambiance, the friendliness of the staff, the wonderful rooms and amenities of the hotel, and of course Venice. Everyone made us feel so welcome.We came home with a mask of Venice that will remind us always of our fabulous visit. It was such a great place to honeymoon (again!) Highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Giraldo_Davide

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I would give this hotel zero stars if I could! They had no record of my reservation and would not admit it was their fault even though I had email confirmation to prove it.

I made a reservation for a quadruple room via the hotel's own website after researching several booking websites. It was only 3 days before my visit to Venice and I realized that it would be more economical to stay in Mestre, so I cancelled my previously booked Venice hotel.

My family arrived at the hotel around 5pm and greeted at the front desk by a young man. He asked me several questions about my reservations. I showed him my email confirmation and he got on the phone immediately. I soon realized that he was the younger son of this family owned establishment and he could not find our reservation, so big brother was coming to sort things out.

The older brother showed up about 10 minutes later and told us that the computer had no record of our reservation and there were no available rooms in the hotel. He told us to wait and not to worry. In the meantime, several other customers came in and he tended to them as we continued to wait. We were hot, tired and starving. We decided to sit in the breakfast area and eat the fruit we had brought. We used the sink at the counter to wash our fruit and received a scolding from the manager.

We were then told that the predicament we were in was not the hotel's fault because they have no record of our reservation. I again showed him my email confirmation that included my reservation number and credit card number. He admitted that the email was indeed sent from the hotel's email address but he still wasn't aware of it being sent. He even refused to check his outgoing mail.

Eventually, after at least an hour of waiting in the tiny kitchen area, we were told to proceed to Hotel Venezia, 300 meters down the street. It was actually 900 meters according to googlemaps, but by now I know not to believe anything I'm told by Hotel Da Tito. Upon our arrival at Hotel Venezia, I recognize 2 guys we saw back at Hotel Da Tito. They had made a reservation the night before on their website and were in the same predicament as we were!

By the time we got checked in, it was past 7pm and we had wasted the remaining daylight hours dealing with this horrible hotel. On the bright side, Hotel Venezia was about the same price but bigger, nicer, cleaner and more central in location.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank qehs488

Travellers are raving about these Mestre hotels

Queensland Australia
Reviewed 12 August 2010

Budget hotel-certainly nothing fancy.No lift and small room that was pretty dated.However bed linen was clean and though brekky was only continental there was always enough to fill you up.The lass we had most mornings at breakfast was very helpful and friendly and gave us regular coffee refills.Bus staopped just outside for the bus into Venice.Also walking the other direction from the hotel into the Maestre area was interesting -where the locals go to eat and play and the food was much cheaper than on the island.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kazzablue
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed 25 May 2010

The staff were GREAT and very helpful. The rooms were okay. But, they didn't have an elevator and I have pretty severe arthritis and had to lug my baggage up a couple fights of stairs. And to top it off, as I bent to pick up my luggage to carry it up the stairs, I hit the top of my head on the end of the metal handrailing. My head hurt for 2 weeks! The hotel is located within about 6 blocks of the train station. The bus to Venice stops across the street about every 10 minutes. There's a little Kabob take-out place just down the street and across the block that was a good value for the money. Free continental breakfast was good. No wi-fi on location, but within a block there was an internet cafe. Good value for hotel.

• Stayed May 2010
New York
Reviewed 23 August 2009

The hotel is fairly small with very average interior. The bathroom was new but the aircondition only worked on half power in a hot August night. The staff was very friendly and immediately explained how surprisingly easy it is to get to Venice with a city bus, so we had a chance to spend a wonderful evening there before our flight home. Had it not been for our wish to stay close to the airport, it would have been better value to find a place in Venice proper.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Ontario
Reviewed 2 October 2008

Were referred to hotel by one of our parties friends. Reservations were confirmed via e-mail. Everything we were told was true. Staff member Tatiana was wonderful, a true treasure in hotel hospitality. Beds very comfortable. Deceiving appearance of hotel and street (seems to be in portion of abandoned stores). Quick bus ride into Venice (buy a bus pass, works much better). Short (safe) walk to Mestre town centre, very lively and entertaining square in centre of town, great restaurants, had no trouble with English. Numerous restaurants to try. Would recommend to everyone. Left hotel for cruise, returned for one more night, no problems at all, same staff, same place.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank BigRed1955
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 27 May 2006

May, 2006...We booked two rooms, for four adults, for three nights and had confirmation in writing. When we arrived, they only had one room and put all four of us adults into it as it was late at night. The next day, they gave us the two rooms, but then told us the next morning we had to share a room again for the third night! Unbelievable. They just can't be depended upon.

1 Thank grafwick