“Average”
Review of La Tana di Oberix

La Tana di Oberix
Reserve with
La Tana di Oberix is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 382 Restaurants in Mestre
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Lovely family restaurant with average food which was not exactly cheap. The oysters were 4 euro each. Restuarant was in a very shady area.

Reviewed 27 May 2018

We stumbled on this place, and glad we did, reasonable priced, huge portions and family run. Our first night was slightly spoily by youths outside that started fighting, but the owner had a very no nonsense approach and police were called (this seems to e a prolem in mestre generally) but we went back the next night. All in all goos value, friendly and a bit more authentic

Reviewed 26 May 2018

I so sorry, very sorry ... for finding this place so late on our visit in Mestre. First of all, this is a family place - this means that the owners will do there best to make you feel at home - I think I have been asked like 5 times if all is ok from the owners' daughter :) - and it was. Second, the cuisine - this is just the best, simple and fresh, it goes straight to your heart - believe me ;) Now don't expect to choose from 20x types of Italian dishes - nope, you'll get what is in that season, fresh and good (also valid for fish foods). If it was good enough for Obelix it will be good enough for you ;) (i think this is inspired by Asterix and Obelix adventures - my childhood heroes).

I really liked Francesco's cooking, and think he deserves more credit. Was really surprise for those negative reviews I saw - but after reading his replays I decided to give it a shot - didn't regret it ;) Would really love to go back there someday - so much left to try. Thanks for a nice experience.

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

We should have eaten family style with our group at this friendly eatery a couple blocks from the train station. The salads were fantastic and oh, so fresh. The sun dried tomato salad, chock full of sweet dried tomatoes and chicken was large enough to feed a family of four. The pasta servings were huge too, one with sweet clams and garlicky buttery goodness and the other with a tomato sauce and delicious smoky bacon. Our waitress was sweet,cheerful and accommodating and even though she didn’t speak much English we did just fine. This is a neighborhood place, filled with locals we enjoyed the food and the atmosphere.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

The location is a tad seedy but not their fault. There are derelicts that stand outside a small grocery store a block away drinking and starting and shouting at each other. Once you get past that, all is well.
Staff is friendly. We were given bread but I wasn’t given the opportunity to ask for small plates, or oil after we ordered.
Draft beer is Heineken.
Many different options on the menu...perhaps too many options for this particular place but they would know better than I.
Bolognese sauce was good. Not the best I’ve had but not bad either.
Squid ink linguine was flavorful.
Gnocchi with cream sauce and pancetta was decent. I would’ve made the sauce a tad less thick but that’s my personal preference. Flavor was ok.
House wine left a bit to be desired. Wasn’t my favorite even by table wine standards.
Not a terrible option opposed to paying for overpriced restaurants inside of Venice. Just don’t expect to be wowed enough to run back.

1  Thank Mike I