Ristorante La Torre
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Going up to Montecatini Alto is like going back in time and slowing down to a gentler way of life (and eating) so this restaurant fitted in to our day perfectly. Yes the service was a little erratic but we were in no hurry. We chose spinach and ricotta ravioli with sage butter - so simple, but so divine.We savoured each mouthful. Superb selection of wines by the glass and one of the nicest Chiantis we had whilst in Tuscany. Shouldn't really have had dessert as well, but the vanilla ice cream with hot fig jam was very enticing. Super rich and slowed me down to a waddle on the way back to the funicular.

1  Thank Maggie040

Reviewed 8 December 2013

My girlfriends and I were staying in Montecatini Terme and took the bus up to the top of the mountain to the beautiful Montecatini Alto. We ate lunch at this family owned and operated restaurant with the nicest people and wonderful food!! The Crepes were fabulous and the Gnocchi was creamy and luscious...we thoroughly enjoyed our time at this restaurant and area.

1  Thank BensMom2
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Several groups from our larger tour made the trek up the hill via the Funicolare (the first part of the adventure), arriving after a gorgeous view of the lights of Montecatini Terme. Other groups made their way up on later evenings after our recommendations. I had a silky ravioli with spinach and mushrooms, and a tender filet of beef. The house specialty is a huge T-bone, which none of us were willing to group together and tackle. Prices are a little higher but in line with similar fare in better U.S. restaurants.
The surroundings are magical. You are on the piazza, with other restaurants along the way, having walked up through narrow streets from the tram station. An occasional car goes through, and here and there pedestrians who aren't stopping at the restaurants. We all felt like we were in a movie set. Lovely!

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Our second visit to the delightful Montecatini Alto in the pursuit of good Tuscan food. Unfortunately we did not experience this here. They started with a small amuse bouche consisting of a small ball in the fashion of a falafel, very tasty and lured us into thinking we may actually get some lovely Tuscan food, the meals seemed to be taking a long time, also another good sign. Indicating that the food is cooked to order. I ordered Gnocchi with local blue cheese sauce. Imagining soft simple fluffy dough balls lovingly handmade by Nonna or mama, how wrong was I. I was served gnocchi that had come out of a packet and heated up and dolloped with cheese sauce. This is not what I would expect in any establishment calling itself a restaurant, no matter the price being charged, in this instance 10 euro. Which is cheap but that doesn't mean you can serve rubbish for 10 euro. A restaurant by my understanding employs a chef who is capable of cooking a simple meal such as Gnocchi with ease and does not resort to palming off rubbish like this which I could have whipped up myself at our hotel. Shame on you and I hope future tourists are warned off from this place masquerading as a Tuscan restaurant. It kind of sours the whole tourist experience and it is insulting to tourists who visit and spend their money at places like this. Beware!

Reviewed 22 August 2013

In a small piazza in Montecatini Alto...what a beautiful experience we had. The ride up via the funicular was great fun with spectacular views. We had a lovely lunch outside on the piazza..home made Italian food..great antipasti and wine. This place is a hidden jewel...if you visit Montecatini Terme..take the ride up. You'll feel like you are in Italy decades ago.