“Great Family Hotel”

Ranked #26 of 107 Hotels in Montecatini Terme
North Adams, Massachusetts
“Great Family Hotel”
Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

I loved this hotel. It is a family-run place and it is beautiful. The staff is super accommodating. The food and wine is delicious and they also have a beautiful pool. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 April 2013

My first trip to the Manzoni was a tour in October, 2012 (my 3rd trip to Italy) and my first to the hotel. The tour was hectic, the hotel was my "home" after a long day! I had the opportunity to go to Rome in April, 2013 & was excited to be able to go "home" to Montecatini where we were treated as family. The owners (a beautiful young couple) & the entire staff made it possible to be rid of the real world stress....especially the amazing spa treatment. When travelling so far away from home especially in trying times, the family atmosphere is what is needed. In fact, the day after my return home, the unfortunate Boston Marathon bombing happened. That evening, I received an e-mail from Cristina, the owner of the Hotel Manzoni, having heard about the incident, was inquiring about my safety and offering her thoughts and prayers to everyone in the US. When in Rome, we stayed at a fine hotel but highly recommend the Manzoni. for all these amenities; friendly atmosphere, amazing food & I reached my goal to "soak up local color" that was missed the first due to the fast paced tours. 8 days was not long enough. I give the Manzoni my highest recommendation.

Room Tip: I've stayed at the Manzoni twice, a double room in the main section and a single in the south se...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank MIAPHINNBOSTON
Reviewed 13 October 2012

I agree with other reviews that it was probably a nice hotel at some point in time but no longer. The shower is a small stall, with no place to put soap, shampoo, etc. The shower is in need of repair and very dark. The ceiling in shower is peeling and the water didn't drain. When we first got there I had to stand on a chair in the shower to adjust the hand held shower head as it was crooked and water was directed towards the wall. The rest of the room was okay although it had peeling paint on at least one wall and the rug needed a cleaning. The bedspread had a large stain on it (underneath.) Oh, there were stains on the bath towels - kind of gross. The lobby wasn't particularly "Italian" and looked like it was designed by George Jetson. It would have been more appropriate in a second rate Las Vegas hotel. I thought the food was a bit ordinary and since we were with a tour group, we weren't offered choices. I have done a bit of travel in Europe and know not to expect U.S. standards, but I have to say that I was very disappointed.

Room Tip: I think that there is probably a difference in rooms. If I weren't with a tour, I might have as...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Diner0606
Tucson
Reviewed 29 September 2012

You really cannot beat the location; walk out the door and turn in any direction for loads of dinner choices, shopping possibilities, and the walk must include a trip to the park where you can catch the "fonicular" (red cable style car) and ride to the top of the really huge hill. Any shortcomings in the not-so-modern decor or furnishings should not deter you from experiencing this hotel.

During our stay (4 nights), a ring was left on the night stand and it wasn't there when we returned. The desk staff were right on it, called the cleaning person at home, and found out the ring was put in the nightstand drawer. After much searching, we did find it there in the very back of the drawer in a dark corner. A reward was worth the recovery of the ring and the Manager at the desk was just exceptional in her willingness to try to help us out.

Our tour included breakfasts and dinners (breakfasts were good) and the waiters were exceptional in their sense of humor and serving skills. Dinner would have been better if maybe ravioli or lasagna were offered. After all, don't travelers look forward to a taste of Italy?

Rooms were generously sized, the room key is on a ring with a big, heavy doorknob type of a thing (you're supposed to leave it at the desk when you go out), and the AC does not respond to any settings or adjustments you make, but that all is just part of the character and personality of the hotel.

It's a popular property for tours coming and going; the lobby seems to have a regular stream of folks waiting to check in. I would go back here again; I really liked the location and the community. Such a pretty setting!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dublin, California
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Every time we walked through the lobby we were greeted with a warm "hello". Food was great. Had a good pool and spa. Besides the service and food, the location was outstanding, walking distance from the train, shopping and Montecatini alto. Not only do you get the calm surroundings of a true spa location, walk outside of the hotel and you get true Italian culture, small streets with tucked in restaurants, cafes and small shops.
Overall the hotel and staff showed us true Italian hospitality/culture!!! Def going back on our next trip!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Anthony S
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We have stayed in this hotel with 3 couples and it was not our first choice - we have booked hotel Michelangelo in June but a week before our departure our reservation was cancelled (!).

All in all the hotel appeared just fine. Although at the first sight the standard seemed disappointing for a 4 star hotel (we have booked the superior rooms which would assure better standard to basic) - the service was excellent. Cristina - the manager- made sure our stay was very pleasant.

The rooms were basic but clean. The pool in a centre of the town was a relief on some really hot days in August.

The breakfasts were OK- a bit limited choice for those who don't eat sweet in the morning. Excellent fresh made coffee though. The dinners were delicious and the staff were very flexible offering some vegetarian meals outside the menu.

The parking is small but there is a possibility to park jut outside the hotel for 3 euro per day.

Big thumbs up for the staff who made up for a bit disappointing standard of the rooms. Price was surely very attractive and hotel was located just in a centre of the town - excellent for going out/ shopping.

Fittness center was very small and not very clean. As for spa- I have ordered pedicure and manicure but was disappointed and made further no use of these services.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karolina S
Las Vegas
Reviewed 26 September 2010

Unfriendly. Extremely extremely small bathroom with NO amenities or anywhere to park your toothbrush, toilet roll stuffed into radiator - no holder. Towels changed every 3 days. Mattress 6 inches thick. Aircconditioning at owner's whim. The only one happy at the end of the stay is the owner because he has your money. GOODLUCK

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple