My friend & i were also on a Great Rail holiday & found this hotel to be a great disappointment, our twin room looked out over a couple of lean-to outbuildings which housed the kitchen area between our hotel & that next door, also next doors bottle bank which had the previous days bottles tipped in at 6am every day - very much a room without a view!!!
The bathroom although spacious had a very inefficient shower & no curtain to prevent the floor flooding. The bath towels were thin & face towels were only cotton teatowels.
The food was appalling & the dining room resembled Butlins in the fifties with plastic tablecloths & paper napkins.
Most certainly NOT a 4* hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Francia & Quirinale Hotel sits in a prestigious yet quiet area of downtown Montecatini Terme, within walking distance from the town’s thermal springs and its beautiful park. The Giusfredi family has owned and managed the hotel since the 1920s, constantly renewing what they consider their Home with the greatest devotion and passion. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Francia e Quirinale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Montecatini Terme
- Hotel Francia e Quirinale Montecatini Terme, Italy - Tuscany