I had a nice large room, bedroom, sitting room, two bathrooms. Service was spotty.
BEWARE, they do not tell you that they have a serious problem with cat burglars, I woke up to one in my room, and he ran out the second bathroom balcony, only getting my companion's purse. The police, when we made the report say it is common and that they will climb to the fourth floor. The security guard was no where to be found, until I started ringing the alarm in the elevator. He insinuated it was our fault because our window was open (we were fairly high up). He said it shows on the computer. He said it a couple times. The following morning the lady at the front desk, also accused us of keeping our window open, and to use the air conditioning.
There is no warning to keep the windows closed, no note, no attempt at putting in a security device that lets the window open slightly for air (other hotels I stayed at in Tuscany let the window tilt slightly in from the top). I met one other person staying at the hotel who was at the same conference, and he too was ripped off, but he didn't wake up and they cleaned him out including computer, camera, money, etc.
Given that this occurred with me and the only other person I knew at the hotel, and given the attitude of the security and front desk, and given the complete lack of warning or other measures to curb the incidence of ROBBERS IN YOU ROOM WHILE YOU SLEEP, and concerning the police also says it happens all the time, I couldn't help but think that the hotel or at least some of their employees were complicit with the thieves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Hotel Bellavista Palace & Golf in Montecatini Terme is a five stars luxury hotel with a beautiful Fitness Centre inside. It is situated in a green area near the Tettuccio Spa in the centre of Montecatini. Beside the Fitness Centre of almost 1000 mq where people can spend relaxing hours , Grand Hotel Bellavista is equipped of a beautiful outside swimming-pool and and different types of rooms , comfort rooms , deluxe rooms , junior suites and twenty-five new suites with new bathrooms equipped of hydro-massage and Turkish-bath. The geography position of Grand Hotel Bellavista in Montecatini Terme is the best baseman both for a relaxing stay then to visit the most important cities of Tuscany with their art and cultural treasures . In fact nearby , with only 30 minutes of car, there are Firenze , Vinci and Lucca ; while in one hour people can reach Siena , San Gimignano and Pisa. Several are the the interesting itineraries nearby Montecatini from the green olive-groves , cross from the historic cable that arrives until Montecatini Alto , to the castles of Buggiano and Uzzano , the medieval villages of Massa and Cozzile , the “Green Velleriana” (Svizzera Pesciatina) and Pistoia with his beautiful Piazza Duomo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Stayforlong S.L., Agoda, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grand Hotel Bellavista Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Bellavista Palace e Hotel
- Grand Hotel Bellavista Palace Montecatini Terme, Italy - Tuscany