This is a terrible hotel, run by a real life Basil Fawlty!!! The manager was rude, unhelpful & unconcerned about guests' needs.
Service in the restaurant was extremely poor & menu monotonous. Stairway was dangerous to negotiate with poor lighting and in some instances no lighting at all. Handrail was poorly positioned. Number of lifts (2) and capacity was insufficient to cope with the volume of guests. Lighting switches on floors & stairs were hard to locate. The bedrooms in no way remotely resembled the pictures shown in the brochure/website.
Definitely a 1 Star hotel. I would not recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From a big Art Nouveau villa the architect has obtained a modern building and the previous motives embellish the large and bright halls which are enriched with carpets of great value, draperies, Murano crystalware, ancient bronzes and nineteenth century Italian-style paintings. Relaxing and peaceful areas of semi-darkness interchange with the halls brightness and the brillant vivacity of colours. The hotel is happily located, in a quiet area in the middle of the green Spa parks, 2 Top Suites, 25 apartments and 130 bedrooms. 10 Meters from the Montecatini Congress and Exhibition Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grand Hotel Tamerici & Principe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Tamerici And Principe
- Grand Hotel Tamerici & Principe Montecatini Terme, Italy - Tuscany
- Grand Hotel Montecatini Terme