“Very pleasant one weeks stay”

Grand Hotel Tamerici & Principe
Ranked #10 of 110 Hotels in Montecatini Terme
Hythe, United Kingdom
“Very pleasant one weeks stay”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed here for one week as part of a tour group visiting Tuscany. Our room was a good size with a balcony overlooking the town. There was plenty of cupboard and drawer space and although the bathroom was a little dated it was a good size and all the accommodation was kept very clean by a delightful and smiling hotel lady - we were unable to speak to each other due to language difficulties but it was a delight to see her every morning. There was plenty of choice for breakfast and the evening meals were very good and a little too large for myself. All the staff we came into contact with were efficient and very friendly.

The hotel although a little dated had plenty of character and we would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotel Tamerici M, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Tamerici & Principe, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Miss Sirje,

I am glad to know that your holiday at Tamerici was great and that you liked our services and our staff. So I sincerely thank you for your kind words towards Tamerici and I hope to welcome you again in the future! We even completed a brand new SPA to make your stay even better.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Korean first
Bracknell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2013

At first glance a rather tired 1960's building but with a very large lounge full of comfortable settees and chairs, with a bar area again very comfortable to one side. There is even a grand piano. The hotel is located about 5-7 minute walk from the railway station and 10-15 minute walk to the funicular.

The building may look tired but the staff are superb, all very friendly and helpful with good English. The food is first class with a very varied menu and good size portions - service was excellent.

The room, again a little tired with an eclectic mix of furniture, beautiful tiled floor and scatter rugs. Complete with mini-bar, safe and balcony. large comfortable bed. The bathroom was very tired 1960 decor,, but was spacious wth a full size bath, enormous wash basin, bidet and toilet - masses of towels provided.

Good terrace with a swimming pool.

Forget the decor, and go for it - value is excellent, the staff are marvellous, and the atmosphere takes some beating. You wont eat anywhere better in Montecatini

Room Tip: All rooms appear to have a balcony, those on the front get the afternoon sun
1 Thank Martin L
Hotel Tamerici M, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Tamerici & Principe, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear Mr Martin L,

I am glad to know that you liked the hotel and I sincerely thank you for your really positive review.
I hope that everything definetly pleased you and I will gladly welcome you again, as we are completing a brand new SPA which can make your time at Tamerici even better.

Gothenburg, Västra Götaland, Sweden
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Serviceminded staff in a nice environment!
The room was more than ok; clean and fresh.
Generous breakfast.
Best: the helpful lady by the desk who was very professional.

Montecatini Terme is a calm village, Montecatini Alto offers a view to remember.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotel Tamerici M, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Tamerici & Principe, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Dear Mr Lagerbald,

Thank you for your review! I hope that your vacation here at Tamerici went well and that our service pleased you.

I inform you that we are completing a new SPA in the hotel which can make your stay even better.

Everyone here will gladly welcome you again and we send to you our best regards.

Eugenio Pancioli
Chertsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Although the hotel is a little dated the rooms are very nice and we had a great stay. The staff are all excellent and you couldn't want for better service, breakfast quality was excellent, and the pool is great.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool had the best views
Dear Mr McIellan,

Thank you for your review! I am happy to learn that your stay at Tamerici was pleasing and that our services were good.

I hope to welcome you again here in my Hotel, and I remeber you that we are completing a new SPA for our guests.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Having recently returned from a ten day stay at the wonderfull Grand Hotel Tamerici + Principe, I felt I had to write and say both my wife and I had a really relaxed hassle free time in this great hotel, It is well situated right in the heart of the beautiful town of Montecatini which is a great base if you fancy seeing more of Tuscany. This is our second time in Montecatini although the first time at the Tamerici+ principe, but i can say we will certainly be back. Thank you Emiliano Stefanini and the rest of the staff for helping make our stay memorable.
Your,s James wright Glasgow.

Room Tip: Book a prestige room
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotel Tamerici M, Owner at Grand Hotel Tamerici & Principe, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Dear Mr Wright,

First of all, thank you for your great review! I am pleased to know that you had a great stay at Tamerici & Principe and that you appreciated every aspect of the hotel.

I and the staff will gladly welcome you again in order to make you have another excellent vacation, and I remember you that we are completing a brand new SPA in the hotel, so we'll wait you to try it out!

Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
Reviewed 2 September 2013

On vacation me and my wife went to Italy. We looked for a pieceful place not far from Florence, Pisa, shopping and sea. That's how Montecatini draw our attention. We decided to stay in Grand Hotel Tamerici & Principe because of very good location and reasonable prices.
On arrival to the hotel the hotel staff was very friendly and helped us to check-in quickly, so in couple of minutes we entered our spacious suite. It was really impressive, we had two bathrooms (one with jacuzzi and LCD TV) and very comfortable king-size bed.
We took bed&breakfast option but decided to have our first dinner in the hotel though. After that evening we had dinner outside hotel only once, because we fall in love with high level of kitchen and the best homemade desserts in the World (I promise!). The Chef offered us many things outside menu, what impressed us much. Well honestly everyone in the hotel (Front desk, Restaurant, Bar and Room maids) was very friendly and helpful and we felt that we were being treated individually. Moreover once after dinner the owner of the Hotel, Mr. Eugenio invited us for a cup of tea to introduce himself and get aquainted with us. I want to tell my big thank you to him for his devotion to pander all our wishes and wishes of all other guests as we noticed.
To our regret the vacation came to an end and we came back home.
Now me and my wife miss this lovely place. But we will come back definately!

Our best regards to all Hotel staff,

Konstantin and Maria

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Konstantin I
Hotel Tamerici M, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Tamerici & Principe, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear Mr Konstantin, Dear Mrs Maria,
It has been a great pleasure to read your review, I am simply honored form your words of praise about my Hotel, my Staff and the services you received during your stay. I am so grateful for your words, the main satisfaction for me is to know that my guests are completely satisfied and that their every wish has been granted. I am glad to ask you to consider the Tamerici your house in Tuscany !
Hoping to welcoming you soon again,
Please accept my kindest regards.

Eugenio Pancioli - Owner
Greve, Denmark
Reviewed 16 August 2013

My husband and I stayed for 7 days at Grand Hotel Tamerici & Principe in Montecatini in July 2013. The hotel is situated 5 minutes from the center of Montecatini with lots of restaurants and bars. We did not use the restaurant at the hotel. We love to sit outside in the evening and the hotel restaurant was placed inside.
We were very satisfied with everything at the hotel. At our arrival we were upgrated to a big Junior Suite room on 4th. floor with 2 bathrooms and a nice balcony with view over the pool and a very good aircondition and great pillows ;o) We were welcomed by a very professional and friendly staff. Special thanks to our housekeeper Caramella. She made sure that our stay in the hotel was of the best standard - both cleaning and her kind and professional personality. She was very helpful in all matters - gave us good proposals for experiences in the surrounding of Montecatini.
Also a very special thank to the manager of the reception in daytime. He gave us a great service in all matters - also with very good proposals for visiting the surroundings, which you may not have experienced yourselves (Montecarlo). We were so moved over his very personal goodbye to us.
Also a great thank to the morning receptionists - both the signora and the signorina. They just helped us with everything - printing fairways and addresses to us - to places we would like to visit at our stay. We would love to return to Tamerici Hotel at another time - and thank all employees for a very good stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotel Tamerici M, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Tamerici & Principe, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Dear Miss Gitte,

Thank you very much for your very positive review. I am glad to know that you appreciated the hotel and its Staff. Everyone at Tamerici will be happy to welcome you again in the next years.

Best regards and thank you again!

Eugenio Pancioli, owner.