“Excellent service in a luxury environment”

Grand Hotel Tamerici & Principe
Ranked #12 of 108 Hotels in Montecatini Terme
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I spent four nights at the Grand Hotel Tamerici & Principe last week, when I played a golf competition in the nearby Montecatini Golf course.I really enjoyed the excellent service provided by the hotel staff and the luxury of my room, which was equipped with all comforts.The hotel restaurant has a warm and cozy atmosphere and food is simply gorgeous! I especially enjoyed the new Spa, which features many treatment rooms, steam rooms, massage services and a whirlpool.
I will definitely come again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Skyfly99
Hotel Tamerici M, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Tamerici & Principe, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Sir:
I would like to thank you very much indeed for the lovely review that you have been so kind to write.
I am very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay in my hotel.
I really hope to have you again as a very welcome guest.
I remain with obsequious greetings and sincere expressions of esteem.

Owner

Reviewed 30 April 2014

On. Arrival the hotel felt like understated elegance. It was in the style of a grand old hotel. It is in a shady avenue 100 metres from the main town.
I am with a group and are being fed separately from other guests. The breakfasts are very sparse with no fresh fruit.
We have to give our choice of menu 24hrs in advance for dinner which is not ideal. No coffee/tea is served with dinner.
The staff are a joy - helpful and with a great sense of humour.
My room is comfortable but some people are complaining about the temperature - too hot and too cold
Again I can receive wifi in my room but others cannot.
For me generally a nice hotel others not so good.

Room Tip: Wifi even numbered rooms
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jennygray

Dear Sir
In response to your notes for which we thank the aim of improving our services, we would like to point out that:
point 1
your group consists of more than 90 people, as well as another big group from Germany of 50 people, and both were placed in the main restaurant of the Grand Dukes, which is the biggest and the only one suitable to accommodate so many guests (up to 200 guests) we can ensure that it is not a discrimination as you thought.
point 2
we take the menu order 1 day before just to meet your needs: you asked for a dinner served in 1h15 and then play bridge, any human being will agree that it is TECHNICALLY IMPOSSIBLE take 92 orders, bring them into the kitchen, cook and serve in 1 hour and 15 minutes !
point 3
with regard to the wi-fi it is 'free and cover all public areas, including the outdoor terrace, and in '80% of the rooms while in the remaining 20% by choice, are "non- electromagnetic pollution", which some customers we require.

We thank you for according us your preference

Reviewed 30 April 2014

The location is great for this hotel, about a 10 minute walk from the train station. It is a very grand building, with great architecture in the lobby and stairwells, etc. That said, the rooms are bit dated and all the windows have huge sliding shutters with a note saying that the hotel suggests that for safety, the sliding shutters are closed each night. It makes it very dark. We found the room a very good size, with the family quad being a great thing. My wife and I had a queen bed, (bit hard) and the boys each had twin beds in a separate room. They also had their own bath, which was excellent. The first morning, when my wife took a shower in our bath, the floor flooded with quite a bit of water. We toweled it up and thought it might be due to the European shower set up. However, we ran it again and I could see the water coming out from UNDER the tub fairly quickly. We quickly told the front desk on our way out and we were promised they would look at it. The maid did a great job of helping to clean up all the water. The following day, she took a shower again the the same thing happened, requiring all the towels to mop up the water. Again, we told the front desk, who said that he had already told everyone and they would get to it. They never did and we ended up showering in our kids bath so as not to flood the hotel.
The staff were barely friendly. Not that they were unfriendly, but after our previous two hotels where the staff seemed so happy to see us, the Tamerici staff seemed to be tolerating us. The waiter at breakfast and dinner was very pleasant and helped my kids learn some Italian, but he was really it. Also, it is clearly a tour hotel with busloads of older folks being bussed in and out on a daily basis with their own dining room.
Not the worst hotel we've stayed in, but maybe we were spoiled by our hotels in Rome and Sorrento. Think I'd skip it next time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Walt S
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stayed in the Tamerici by accident (the hotel we had booked was still under renovations so we got moved). It was a great move. We had a corner room with two balconies. The bathroom was spacious and lovely. It seemed to have a towel warmer, but I couldn't figure out how to work it. There was a seating area at the end of the bed as well. The bed was a bit too firm, but all in all a wonderful, classic old-school style luxury hotel.

Room Tip: The corner rooms have two balconies on many - with remote control blinds on the bathroom one.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Hotel Tamerici M, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Tamerici & Principe, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for your positive review! I am very glad to know that you had a good experience in Tamerici and I will be happy to host you another time.

Best regards,

Reviewed 17 March 2014

This Art Nouveau Villa is perfectly located in montecatini. It is within a short walk, through a beautiful park, of the main spa or to all the shopping streets. This is an older building but all the classic elements are there. To explain the decor is dated but that is what gives it its"charm. The paneling, glass chandeliers tapestrys and paintings in the lobby set the tone. The rooms are large and have wifi. Most rooms have balconies overlooking the town or pool.The dining room serves good Tuscan recipies and is as good as any restaurant in the area. The breakfast has a good selection and the staff tries very hard to please.The owner, Eugenio is a classy gentleman that does not hesitate to get involved if a customer is not happy.They are going through the hotel and are completely updating the rooms, and have recently completed construction of a new in house spa. there is a lovely front porch where you can meet others and have a glass of wine and a large tree lined deck and pool..

Room Tip: the best rooms are on the top floor and facing the poolside. If you are planning to stay for a week...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotel Tamerici M, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Tamerici & Principe, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Dear Mr Petoskey:

I would like to thank you very much indeed for the lovely review that you have so kindly written about Hotel Tamerici & Principe.I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay in my hotel.
I really hope to have you again as a very welcome guest and assuring my maximum care and attention towards you, I extend respectful greetings and sincere expressions of appreciation and gratitude , wishing you all the best.

Eugenio Pancioli (owner)

Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Nice people, Good and fine restaurant, pleasant room and a lovely stay. Interesting place to go to. With an Eye for details and a need to do everything perfect. Nearby The center and à Good adress to see The rest of Toscane. Thnx for The stay. And we looking forward to see you again.

Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank FamVerdouw
Hotel Tamerici M, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Tamerici & Principe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Family Verdouw:

I wish to thank you very much indeed for the nice review that you have kindly written about Hotel Tamerici.
I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay in my hotel, because for me the most important thing is to satisfy our dear Customers.
Hoping to see you again, I extend my sincere expressions of esteem and gratitude

With respectful greetings

(owner)

Reviewed 1 November 2013

I stayed three nights at the Grand Hotel Tamerici & Principe with my wife and we spent a wonderful time there. The owner of the hotel Mr Eugenio Panciolli upgraded our room to a huge suite at no additional cost. Food was just extraordinary! Try the delicious cornucopia dessert, a cream filled cake along with a typical Tuscan sweet wine. Thanks to all the helpful staff! We will stay there again.
Alex G.L.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hotel Tamerici M, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Tamerici & Principe, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Skyfly99,

It is a great pleasure for us to read your nice words about the Hotel, the owner, the kitchen and the staff. We really hope to welcome you again soon in our House and we thank you so much for having spent your time to write about us!

Kindest regards