We are independent travelers so we wanted a centrally located town and hotel in the Tuscany region to drive to Lucca, Pisa, San Gimignano, Volterra and be able to take the train to Florence. Montecatini Terme was perfect; a small town and right on Autostradda A11 and has 2 train stations. We chose Golf Hotel Corallo after reading the recommendations on TripAdvisor and exchanging a few emails with the staff. The hotel is perfectly located near the spas (all but 1 are closed in Feb) and a few blocks from the main street where the majority of the restaurants are located. The train stations are a bit further of a walk (15 min or so) but easy to find and get to. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful with directions and marking maps and making recommendations of where to eat each nite although only the gal spoke English. The rooms are of average size for Europe and were very clean and had a/c and heat and our room had carpeting but not every room did. Rooms were charming with armoires for your clothing and huge windows w/ shutters. The bathroom had a shower, bidet, hair dryer and complementary shampoo. We also had a mini fridge in our room. Because we visited off season we got a really great deal on our room and they even upgraded us to a suite which is a king room, a twin room with sink and a shared bath for the same price of a double room. The continental breakfast of yogurt, cheese, breads, cereal, and choice of beverages was served each morning on the roof in a glass room next to the pool which had wonderful views of Montecatini Alto. Free parking in a secure lot is just a few steps from the hotel (where the outdoor market is) and we were told the hotel offers a free shuttle to the train station. The hotel offers a dinner deal of just 20 E per person for 5 courses and cocktails or wine and was worth every penny. The restaurant was crowded on that Sat nite even tho it was off season and the hotel had only a few rooms booked. The hotel has 2 small elevators (lifts) so getting to a 3rd or 4th floor room w/ luggage was a breeze and Corallo offers free internet service off the main lobby. I only wish the streets in Montecatini Terme had signs on every corner because getting to Hotel Corallo via any street but the main street is very confusing and difficult, especially with all the one way streets and spas nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golf Hotel Corallo is located in central Montecatini, near the spa and the main shopping street. It offers a roof terrace with small swimming pool, overlooking the medieval historic quarter. All rooms at Corallo Hotel have a private balcony, and are equipped with free Wi-Fi and satellite TV. Buffet breakfast is served from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Toscano Restaurant with tipical regional dishes. Golf Hotel Corallo features a private garage and is a short walk from Montecatini Terme Train Station, with regular trains to Florence. Guests have discounted fees at the Montecatini Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), HostelWorld, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Golf Hotel Corallo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Corallo Hotel Montecatini Terme
- Golf Hotel Corallo Montecatini Terme, Italy - Tuscany