Lowest prices for your stay
US$125
Hotels.com
US$125
FindHotel
US$109
TravelocityUS$125
CheapTicketsUS$125
Orbitz.comUS$125
All reviews continental breakfast town funicolare translation mattress
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights for a short break in October 2016 with three friends.

The hotel is lovely. Yes it's a little dated but the decor suggests it was once very grand. It is however very clean and comfortable, the staff are helpful and breakfast is good and plentiful.

From some of the rooms you get a fantastic view of the nearby mountain which has the old town at the top of it which is magical. I would highly recommend using the funicular train which is a 2 minute walk from the hotel, to travel up to the lovely old town. It's small but packed with character, a handful of bars, restaurants and shops and plenty of atmosphere.

In contrast the nearby town is a 10-15 min safe walk from the hotel and offers lots on the way if bars, restaurants and shops.

The hotel is situated in a fantastic area for seeing the sights, with Pisa and Florence both about an hours drive away.

This hotel was really inexpensive and fantastic value for money. The only thing I can really fault is the dated decor! I would definitely recommend it and go back myself.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
ChiaraGalli, Direttore at Grand Hotel Panoramic, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2017

Thank you very much to sharing the experience at Grand Hotel Panoramic.
We are very pleased to know that you were satisfied to spend 3 days in Montecatini Terme.
We are currently renovating the rooms ,almost ready to reopen on 23rd march.
We hope to see you again as our guest.
Best regards from all Staff of Grand Hotel Panoramic

Reviewed 27 October 2016

We really enjoyed our stay in this recreative hotel with a kind atmosphere and beautiful surroundings close to the park with termes and the Funicolare that leads to the old town "Alto". We did also enjoy all the tour possibilities to interesting Toscana.

The hotel has a nice garden and pool and spa services, that we found very pleasent.
The food was of fine quality.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you to sharing the experience at Grand Hotel Panoramic !
We hope to have you again as our guest
Regards from all Staff of Grand Hotel Panoramic

Reviewed 8 October 2016

It was our first visit of Montecatini. We enjoyed our staying at this hotel. The receptionists were very helpful,especially Stephania . The room was big with 2 bathrooms and a lovely mountain view. It was very peaceful . It's a very good location and only 5 minutes walk to Tetucci park. The breakfast was delicious with a big variety of desserts. It was a pleasant atmosphere during our meals.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2016

I almost made a monumental mistake! I couldn't recall the name of the hotel in which we stayed in Montecatini but I found my notes. I've no doubt the the Palace is lovely but I want to be sure to give credit where it is due. I'm sad to have lost my other review but there is so much good to say about this hotel that it won't be difficult to create anew. Traveling to the hotel, I do want to mention, our bus driver took us on a scenic tour of the hillside near our hotel. I was just astonished at the beauty. Our driver, Lorenzo, had been born and raised in Italy and was very familiar with the area which was to our advantage. Interestingly, he was not allowed to drive in certain areas or at certain times so as to protect the school children. The streets are narrow and could be dangerous with such a large vehicle lumbering along. I found this law to be quite charming.
Our hotel was nothing less than absolutely elegant. The room was probably the largest one we had been in to that point of our tour. I also slept the best in this hotel than I had slept at either of the other hotels at that point. Our room was quiet and clean. The air conditioner worked perfectly and we had a wonderful view from our window. The bathroom was larger than the one I have in my own home! I loved the vanity lights and the area for getting ready.
This was the only hotel out of 6 that we stayed in that I felt I wanted to dress up for dinner and breakfast. The dining room was graceful and elegant. I wanted to fit in. The waiters were a throw back to a more romantic period with their sharp black suits, white shirts, gloves and the crisp towel draped over one arm. There was a lot of hustle and bustle going on but we were well attended to. Dinner was delicious as was breakfast. Of all the places we went, this is a location I would anticipate going back to happily.

Room tip: Our room was 406 and it was more than adequately quiet with a wonderful view.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2016

Big old hotel close to the Therme and 15 mins walk to the town centre. It could do with a makeover as it is a bit dated, but otherwise quite comfortable. Best rooms are on the first floor with balcony as otherwise they could be a bit claustrophobic

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple