“la fonte hotel montecatini terme”
Review of Le Fonti

Le Fonti
Ranked #94 of 108 Hotels in Montecatini Terme
Reviewed 22 September 2012

We travelled with National Holidays to Italy and arrived at 10.30pm. When we opened the bedroom door it did not open fully because the bed was directly infront of it. It was obvious that they had made a single room into a double room. The drawers in the wardrobe were dirty and we had to wipe them clean before using them. The towels were like tea towels. Our shower was broken and we reported it every day. The staff were less than helpful. Breakfast was a bit of a mish mash. We had 2 evening meals, the first was passable, the second horrible, most of which was sent back. We would NOT stay here again. Montecatini Terme is a very nice town and has a good market on Thursday. K & J Sheffield

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kEITH r

Reviewed 23 August 2012

This review is in both English and Italian which is below.
[--]
I stayed at this hotel this summer with my husband. First impressions were good as our room was clean,spacious and nicely decorated for the price. The bathroom let it down however by having a leaky shower you couldn't adjust and to make things worse the tiles where slippy when wet making it quite dangerous. Our air con was a bit temperamental and switched itself off despite the temperature being 38 degrees. When my husband went down to as he was fobbed off by the female receptionist with no offer to look/show us how it worked.

Now this where I get to how awful most of the staff were, with exception of the friendly cleaners and the young male and female waiters at breakfast.When our air con decided to break again around 10.00pm at night I told the elderly male receptionist. His response was to basically say 'what do you want me to do about it?' and that it was too late, his general tone was he could not be bothered and I had annoyed him, disgraceful! He then topped it off by giving another guest our key the next night and not apologising/sorting it out. During dinner (which is actually quite nice with lots of food) I turned around to talk to someone on my right and had my half eaten meal scooped form me without being asked if I had finished. The staff seemed more concerned with turning tables, I was shocked at the rudeness!

Lovely location, nice looks but the staff and the bathrooms/air con need serious work. I realise there are language barriers but staff had proven their excellent english already.

[--]

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Velverty
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Went with National holidays and luckily the hotel was only a base as we travelled to Rome, Pisa and Florence.
No kettle in the room, towels were like tablecloths, very strange! The room was an adequate size but the beds were of the type you would expect to find in a youth hostel, not very comfortable at all.
We luckily, only had to eat in the hotel once and it was not a good experience. Food was very basic and not very appetising.
That said the staff were superb, very friendly and helpful particularly the night porter. I wouldn't rule out staying here again as it wasn't terrible just not as good as we expected

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2011

I went with national holidays and when we arrived after travelling for two days we were told we would have to go to the hotel across the road because they didn't have any room!!! NIce i thought, it's not like they didn't know we were coming.. The next night we were moved to the le fonti and it is basic, tea towels to dry yourself, generally in need of a makeover and a bit tired. But great location a few minutes walk and your in the town.
Breakfast on the first day was ok, next breakfast we were told to go away because they were feeding the russians first. I didn't go back went and got some in the town. First nights meal was fine a bit at strange for me because i am a vegetarian but it started off with salad then soup and then pasta i couldn't have that because it was meat based then followed by a main which was pork and tinned peas for everyone else I got a cold lump of mozzerella and tinned peas.
The last night I was there (we were only eating for two nights) My friend and I went in and sat down on a table for two and then proceeded to get some salad and sat down we were told to move by both waiters they said this table is for the drivers < we said but the drivers are not coming tonight but they made a scene so we got up with our plates they were no more seats left at this point everyone was seated, so we stood at the front with our plates looking stupid. We said where are we going to sit they said one on that table and one on another table we said don't be ridiculous we are nor going to sit on different
tables with strangers. They were not interested they said sit on different tables. We said we will go back and sit on the drivers table which we did, but by this point I was shaking and in no mood for eating, the drivers then came in and they refused to sit apart from each other, but they didn't know what had gone on before, so we just got up and left so we didn't have dinner there. We later found out the drivers refused to eat at the table we were at. It was very badly handled they wasn't enough chairs put out for the number of people!!! In the morning we went in for breakfast we were leaving so i needed a coffee, and again there was nowhere for us to sit so we had to sit at a dirty table left by the russians so we could have a coffee, i was absolutely disgusted but we didn't get an apology or anything. Montecatini was great and would definately go back but definately not to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank sam848
Reviewed 24 July 2011

We have just returned and found the location to be spot on, right in the town and next to a lovely park, there is a huge market on Thursday that is a 10 min walk away

The room was adequate but ours was next to the lift that had a sliding door so was quite noisy at times but on the plus side we had a huge balcony.

The tv just had Italian channels .

Do take your own travel kettle as the hotel do not have the facilities.
There is a hairdryer but not very powerful but again its adequate.

All in all this place is worth the price as we went with National Holidays and it was just right for us because you are hardly in the room.

Any question please ask.
Sue.

Room Tip: Do take your own travel kettle if you like your brew as I do.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue B
Reviewed 15 June 2011

The hotel is situated near the park and the center of Montecatini terme. It looks nice from the outside, it has a small lobby with a cafe and the breakfast room. My room was ok, nothing special, but the towels were a bit strange, like kitchen towels not bath towers. it had a small LCD TV with mostly italian channels. Food for breakfast was ok, there was enough. The night receptionst (I think he's from the Phillipines) was very nice and kind. all in all, ok for the price.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank TanjaD
Reviewed 6 October 2008

Stayed here for a 2 night stay as part of Shearings Rome Sorrento and Capri 14 day tour. We were changed to this hotel at the last minute.

Room was small and so was the shower, luckily we are not large people.

As for my meal, I state I am vegetairian, do not eat meat but will eat eggs, chesse and fish, so hardly a hugh problem.

The first night I got a plate of cheese for my main course, and the second night NOTHING, that is right absolutely NOTHING, it was a good job I had a starter and dessert. I am going to complain to Shearings, but I expect either no repsonse or the "special requests cannot be guranteed" from them. The Shearings driver claimed he has asked the hotel to do me aubergines, on the night I got nothing.

Other than the mould in the shower and the tea towels for drying with, this was a basic comfortable hotel close to local amentities.

I would not recommend it to vegans, well not if you travel with Shearings as you will starve!

And this was not a cheap holiday coming in at nearly £1000.00 per person for the tour.

• Stayed: September 2008