Hotel Eliseo Terme
Esplanade Tergesteo(Montegrotto Terme)
US$1,179
Hotel Des Bains Terme(Montegrotto Terme)
US$281
US$173
Travelocity
Hotel Mioni Royal San(Montegrotto Terme)
US$206
US$179
Travelocity
Hotel Augustus Terme(Montegrotto Terme)
US$169
US$165
TripAdvisor
Hotel Sollievo Terme(Montegrotto Terme)
US$243
Hotel Terme Marconi(Montegrotto Terme)
US$198
US$146
Travelocity
Millepini Terme Hotel(Montegrotto Terme)
Hotels.com
Hotel Terme Antoniano(Montegrotto Terme)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Grand Hotel Terme(Montegrotto Terme)
All reviewsspa hotelswimming poolpossibilitiesfacilitiesmassagevenicepadua
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2010

My sister and I were winding down our two week tour of Italy and had read about this quaint wellness spa in a travel magazine. Since it was on the way back to Malpensa Airport and close to Venice we decided to spend a couple nights there. The staff was incredibly delightful and most gracious. The rooms were very generous in size---the largest we had on our whole trip--very clean and safe.

The pool was fantastic and there spa service packages were quite reasonably priced. I would go back to Hotel Eliseo Terme without question and highly recommend it if it is even close in your travel itinerary.

If you're planning on going to Venice (Venezia) as we were, this was a fantastic home base as it was just a 45 minute drive to the ferry and we saw some lovely countryside. The little town of Montegrotto itself was worth visiting.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank moll0911
Reviewed 31 July 2010

The hotel it self is OK. The rooms are not very impressive, simple, but clean. Our room was nothing like the pictures on their website. The breakfast is typical "italian style", very simple.

What made us happy with the hotel though was the pool area. There is a small indoor pool and a large outdoor pool area with several different jet streams etc. We were not aware that everyone had to wear bathing-caps but the pool-man quickly made us aware of this (and charged us € 5 for 2 pieces). Flip-flops was also required to and from the pool and was supplied freely. We only had one night at this hotel, but enjoyed about 3 hours in the pool, and it was lovely and relaxing.

Beeing in our mid 20's we were definitely the youngest guests at this hotel, the average age beeing probably 70 or more. It felt almost like a nursing home.

Would recommend it to anyone looking for a quiet bath in Montegrotto, but not for younger people looking for a place to party in the pool :) Also, keep in mind that the hotel obviously has got a superb photographer, and don't expect the hotel to be quite as fancy as you can see in the pictures.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NorwayTravel_84
Reviewed 19 October 2009

My husband & I stayed 2 nights b&b in a deluxe room which was on the 1st floor. Here is an honest account of our experience.
Firstly, the lady at reception didn't tell us anything about breakfast, pool, grotto etc, but I think...no I hope she was in training. When we walked into our deluxe room it was very spacious but no bath in the bathroom just an old shower. I asked my hubby to get me some water from the mini bar only to find the space behind the cupboard was EMPTY (surely nobaody would have nicked it..). I read the info about the room again and it clearly stated there would be a minibar in every room. So I went to the reception to tell them our minibar was missing but she told me they don't provide minibars in any room. I then showed her (same trainee girl) where it was printed in their booklet and she told me it was a miss print.
The indoor pool is very,very, very small, I think the internet pictures have been well done as it DOES NOT represent the actual size of the indoor pool.
The breakfast was fairly poor although the ladies in the kitchen were lovely. I'm so glad we didn't get half or full board as I think it would have been a waste of money. Just put it this way, if you like your coffee, orange juice, water & milk from a machine, I'm sure you'd like the breakfast served here.
Pros: Location
Cons: size of indoor pool, breakfast, price, gym is a tiny room/ large cupboard
I wouldn't go back to this hotel and I wouldn't recommend it to my friends. I think it's in a good location and apart from the trainee girl on reception everyone else there were very kind and helpful. I do think it's over priced for what you get.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank blondieitaly18
Reviewed 10 August 2009

We stayed at the Eliseo for 4 nights while visiting with our relatives who had also booked another hotel in this spa resort town about an hour outside of Venice. The hotel itself was great - great to work with, very clean, good staff, although I did witness the bar -tender in the restroom come out of the stall and not wash her hands. This was after I entered the stall immediately after her and found blood puddles on the toilet seat - I'd guess from her. It gave me pause, but overall the staff was very friendly and the hotel very clean and accomodating. We didnt' realize it when we booked it, but the town of Montgrotto Terme is basically a spa resort town for the aged and infirm of Europe. People come from all over to "take the waters". Our hotel had what we considered a swimming pool, but was really a large pool size hot tub. It had stations all around it which people would cycle through in the early morning and late afternoon. I was a little taken back by the physical situation of some of the people who entered the pool for "healing" - some with open sores - but our relatives who were also staying down the road at a similar establishment were assured that the pools were properly chlorinated. The pool atmosphere was great though and the lounge chairs were new and luxurious.

The morning breakfasts were a bit like nursing home food also, nothing really hard to chew and fresh apples which were past their prime each day. It was served buffet style in a dining room where you took your trays with you. The hotels in this town also offer full meal - 3 a day - service to compete with the local restaurants. We didn't sign up for the lunch & dinner service and ended up eating out either in the town - very slim pickings - my daughter actually took a photo of the Google search she did for things to do in Montgrotto Terme that came up with '0 Things" or in Venice. It's truly a resort town that doesn't offer much past the resorts.

I'm 49, my hosband is 50, my daughter 21 and my sister in law 45. We probably would stay closer in to Venice next time and in a place with more things to do and a younger clintele. Again, it just kept striking us that we were staying in a nursing home. For it being #1 on Trip Adviser, I think it's definitely the cleanest and one of the best hotels in the area - we were in a better establishment than my relatives, and theirs is rated #19 here - but you need to know what you're getting yourself into with this.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank whitedogwags
Reviewed 22 August 2008

Lori, my fiancé, and I had traveled to all the way to Hotel Eliseo from the United States at the recommendation of a friend of ours. Right from the very start we felt at home and very welcome, the staff was very friendly and courteous, and that was before they knew we had come all the way to Montegrotto Terme to elope! Once they did, so much more effort was put forth by everyone, including Claudia, the hotel manager, and the rest of the staff, including Mayra, Stefania, Franca, and Chiara, to make our dream a reality! Thanks to them, we ended up with a wedding day that was more special than we could have ever hoped for! Claudia took the time out of her busy schedule to help us work with Gianpaulo, the city administrator, Mara & Laura attended our wedding (performed by the mayor himself!) as witnesses, and when we returned to the hotel after the ceremony, the entire staff had surprised us with a special reception dinner, with us seated at the head table, and our own wedding cake and centerpiece! This was the first time Lori & I had been this far away from home together, and yet, Hotel Eliseo made us feel as though we had never left! It was truly a special day, more than we could have ever expected and hoped for, and it is a day that we will cherish for the rest of our lives! Lori & I want to thank everyone there for making that day truly special, and we look forward to seeing everyone again there real soon!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple