“They have an amazing marketing person & photographer” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Eliseo Terme

Hotel Eliseo Terme
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Montegrotto Terme
Italy
“They have an amazing marketing person & photographer”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2009

My husband & I stayed 2 nights b&b in a deluxe room which was on the 1st floor. Here is an honest account of our experience.
Firstly, the lady at reception didn't tell us anything about breakfast, pool, grotto etc, but I think...no I hope she was in training. When we walked into our deluxe room it was very spacious but no bath in the bathroom just an old shower. I asked my hubby to get me some water from the mini bar only to find the space behind the cupboard was EMPTY (surely nobaody would have nicked it..). I read the info about the room again and it clearly stated there would be a minibar in every room. So I went to the reception to tell them our minibar was missing but she told me they don't provide minibars in any room. I then showed her (same trainee girl) where it was printed in their booklet and she told me it was a miss print.
The indoor pool is very,very, very small, I think the internet pictures have been well done as it DOES NOT represent the actual size of the indoor pool.
The breakfast was fairly poor although the ladies in the kitchen were lovely. I'm so glad we didn't get half or full board as I think it would have been a waste of money. Just put it this way, if you like your coffee, orange juice, water & milk from a machine, I'm sure you'd like the breakfast served here.
Pros: Location
Cons: size of indoor pool, breakfast, price, gym is a tiny room/ large cupboard
I wouldn't go back to this hotel and I wouldn't recommend it to my friends. I think it's in a good location and apart from the trainee girl on reception everyone else there were very kind and helpful. I do think it's over priced for what you get.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank blondieitaly18

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
st. louis, MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2009

We stayed at the Eliseo for 4 nights while visiting with our relatives who had also booked another hotel in this spa resort town about an hour outside of Venice. The hotel itself was great - great to work with, very clean, good staff, although I did witness the bar -tender in the restroom come out of the stall and not wash her hands. This was after I entered the stall immediately after her and found blood puddles on the toilet seat - I'd guess from her. It gave me pause, but overall the staff was very friendly and the hotel very clean and accomodating. We didnt' realize it when we booked it, but the town of Montgrotto Terme is basically a spa resort town for the aged and infirm of Europe. People come from all over to "take the waters". Our hotel had what we considered a swimming pool, but was really a large pool size hot tub. It had stations all around it which people would cycle through in the early morning and late afternoon. I was a little taken back by the physical situation of some of the people who entered the pool for "healing" - some with open sores - but our relatives who were also staying down the road at a similar establishment were assured that the pools were properly chlorinated. The pool atmosphere was great though and the lounge chairs were new and luxurious.

The morning breakfasts were a bit like nursing home food also, nothing really hard to chew and fresh apples which were past their prime each day. It was served buffet style in a dining room where you took your trays with you. The hotels in this town also offer full meal - 3 a day - service to compete with the local restaurants. We didn't sign up for the lunch & dinner service and ended up eating out either in the town - very slim pickings - my daughter actually took a photo of the Google search she did for things to do in Montgrotto Terme that came up with '0 Things" or in Venice. It's truly a resort town that doesn't offer much past the resorts.

I'm 49, my hosband is 50, my daughter 21 and my sister in law 45. We probably would stay closer in to Venice next time and in a place with more things to do and a younger clintele. Again, it just kept striking us that we were staying in a nursing home. For it being #1 on Trip Adviser, I think it's definitely the cleanest and one of the best hotels in the area - we were in a better establishment than my relatives, and theirs is rated #19 here - but you need to know what you're getting yourself into with this.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank whitedogwags
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2008

Lori, my fiancé, and I had traveled to all the way to Hotel Eliseo from the United States at the recommendation of a friend of ours. Right from the very start we felt at home and very welcome, the staff was very friendly and courteous, and that was before they knew we had come all the way to Montegrotto Terme to elope! Once they did, so much more effort was put forth by everyone, including Claudia, the hotel manager, and the rest of the staff, including Mayra, Stefania, Franca, and Chiara, to make our dream a reality! Thanks to them, we ended up with a wedding day that was more special than we could have ever hoped for! Claudia took the time out of her busy schedule to help us work with Gianpaulo, the city administrator, Mara & Laura attended our wedding (performed by the mayor himself!) as witnesses, and when we returned to the hotel after the ceremony, the entire staff had surprised us with a special reception dinner, with us seated at the head table, and our own wedding cake and centerpiece! This was the first time Lori & I had been this far away from home together, and yet, Hotel Eliseo made us feel as though we had never left! It was truly a special day, more than we could have ever expected and hoped for, and it is a day that we will cherish for the rest of our lives! Lori & I want to thank everyone there for making that day truly special, and we look forward to seeing everyone again there real soon!

• Liked — The people, the staff, the food, everything was great!
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple