“A strange experience”

Wellness Hotel Terme delle Nazioni
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Montegrotto Terme
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed for one night, problem on check in with the hotel server. This should have served as an omen! Room was OK if a little dated. But noisy and incredibly hot in fact I was unable to cool the room down at all and ended up trying to sleep with the window open listening to the trains in the distance every 30 mins = very little sleep.
Best of all came to check out at 6 am, hotel server down again, night porter unable to generate a bill and hence accept payment. They have my contact details and I am willing to pay if they send me a bill.
I can't see me staying here again

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Phil H
There are newer reviews for Wellness Hotel Terme delle Nazioni

Reviewed 1 October 2013

the stay this hotel was very relaxing like everytime. The room was very comfortable but the matress was harder than i'm used to. But the very friendly room- maid was very helpful and she's got another cover to make me feel comfortable. I've been surprised the staff remembered me and gave me a warm welcome so i felt home instantly. The food was excellent as before (full board) .
All of the staff was very helpful and it was no problem travelling alone (i'm 87y) from home (germany) to the hotel and back. This hotel is worth it to be recommended.

Room Tip: try to have a room upper than 3rd floor with garden view .
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Stefan B
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Spent a week end of December 2012 - beginning of Jan 2013. Due to fantastic Montegrotto and nice weather whole impression is good but will not return to Nazioni again. You have to be on guard in the restaurant as they are always trying to deceive you with small things like beverages, etc. They quote one price and then charge you higher. Discussed this with reception few times, didn't help - they have no influence on the restaurant manager. Be prepared to a surprise at check-out with your bill. Beverages are non-reasonably expensive, local wine could be cheeper.
Pool facilities quite limited. Breakfast with no local fruit - only regular assortment of apples - oranges. No freshly baked breads. Single rooms are quite shabby, TV antenna always falling apart from the TV. Noise from corridor, street and next door rooms is a significant drawback. Take your ear plugs to be able to sleep. Definitely not 4 stars... But this is Italy...

Room Tip: Rooms on top floors and with view to the pool much quieter and overlook to wonderfull hills.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank vfhufhbnf v
Reviewed 26 August 2012

This was our 3rd visit to the hotel. Very comfortable. Excellent swimming pools. Very helpful staff. We had half pension, the food was satisfactory but the ' chill factor' at the hotel is outstanding. We shall return !

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ros S
Reviewed 11 August 2012

I ended my 2 and a half week tour of Europe at the Hotel Terme delle Nazioni. I stayed here for 3 days. The room was huge for a single, and it included a mini-fridge, desk, couch, and closet space. The porch was the length of the room and included a table and 2 chairs.
At night, there was a live musical band that played music in front of the hotel. I was able to charge my wine right to my room. The breakfast was delicious!
I treated myself to the wellness massages, which were all amazing!
The staff supplied me with a converter to borrow since I did not have the correct converter for their plugs.
The hotel and room were very clean. The thermal pools were very clean and there were chairs in the sun and in the shade. There's also a walking/jogging trail back behind the hotel that has different exercise equipment.
There's a pizza place down the street when you turn to the left out of the hotel, and a bar/restaurant right across the street. If you go under the bridge into town there are several places to eat/shop. If you go for a walk to the right of the hotel the views of the mountains are very pretty. I will try to add pictures later.
I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: I would ask for a room facing the front of the hotel or the pool. The parking lot wasn't much to...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Helen J
Reviewed 26 August 2011

We spent 5 days at this hotel. In the room we were first assigned (by the way: rather small, smellimg smoke and and with no view, despite at the reception the woman told us: "it's a beautiful room with a spectacular view on the swimming pool!") air conditioning was not working well in the evening (fair enough, it was extremely hot and things like this just happen), so the man at the reception told US to go and look for another bedroom, he gave us 2 keys and we went... one of them was ok but when we were just moving there the man told us that actually that was ment to be given to another family the next day, so WE should look for another room (at 11 pm, and my wife is pregnant)... In 20 years travelling around I've never seen something like that... Anyway, in the end we were allowed to move into another room, which was better than the first, quite big and cool.
Hotel by itself needs some renovation as already pointed out in previous reviews. Some rooms are much better than others (as I said we had the amazing opportunities to see quite a few). The swimming pools are nice, with water at a pleasant temperature.
Staff at the reception is not the kindest I've seen.
Hotel costumers are mostly over 60 and from Germany, just for you to know.
The best thing with this hotel, in my opinion, is the restaurant: we always had excellent food at a reasonable price, both at lunch (at the bar by the pool) and at dinner in the hotel restaurant. Staff working at the restaurant was also very nice and friendly. Breakfast was ok too.
All in all, I would recommend this hotel if you're looking for a relaxing break with some very nice food in the middle, but only provided that you are assigned one of the nice rooms.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank canziano
Reviewed 19 July 2011

It was my second stay in Terme delle Nazioni, the first one was in August 2010. The hotel is not new but it's sharming with a beatiful furniture. There were always huge vases with freshly cut flowers in the lobby area. Both time i was staying in a double room (#219). A reservation office kindly upgraded me from a sigle room accomodation. Room was definitely renovated, has a nice light furniture and a great view to Montegrotto. Bed was enough comfortable. The absolute plus of the hotel is employees. Everybody were always very kind, friendly and helpful with me. Most of employees speak good English, many speak German. Hotel is owned by a middle aged couple and they are absolutely lovely people. A big advantage of the hotel is a cuisine . Every dinner i had there was very tasy . Breakfast was good enough and there were always fresh fruits and freshly baked pastries. Pool is big, but sometimes it's not easy to find a sun bed there. Hotel provides with a complementary rental bicycles. The most of hotel's guests are above 60. I should say I felt like at home at this hotels (thanks to all the hotel's team!) and I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo