“a truly exceptional experience”
Review of Borgo Buio Officina del Gusto - CLOSED

Borgo Buio Officina del Gusto
Price range: US$22 - US$45
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Specialized restaurant in certified Chianina Meat (beef steak and T-bone steak) and Cinta Senese. Tuscany cuisine.
London, United Kingdom
“a truly exceptional experience”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Well - they say Tuscany is beautiful and memorable and we are just back from a few days of great food and wine, but Borgo Buio is a MUST!
Not the cheapest meal of our trip, but truly memorable. A new chef/owner who cares for you like you were his first ever customer, and food that is elegant in its presentation, creative in its construct and a real contemporary twist on Tuscan flavours.
Dont miss out on your visit to Monteplulciano - get in here and experience this for yourself!

• Visited May 2014

Syracuse, New York
“Way Overpriced Odd Place”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I am still kicking myself for choosing this restaurant, out of desperate hunger and I admit that the Spaghetti Carbonara with shaved black truffle (13 Euro) drew me in. My husband doesn't speak Italian and is not really clear on what the food items are. I thought the beef in orzo (10 euro) would hit the spot for him. First impressions: the waiter (owner?) hovered annoyingly from the doorway on through the meal, the music (jazz) was way too loud and there was not a single other diner while we were there (it was 8:00, not too early). The chef came out to introduce ourselves before a single thing was ordered and asked if everything was okay (??) My limited Italian was not enough to deal with the waiter, who first brought a Prosecco like wine and I thought he was saying it was "on him" so we tried and each ordered a glass. He put out a hummus like dish with a basket of breadstick pieces. The hummus tasted okay, but before our meal came, he whisked it away before we finished it. I will admit that my dish was absolutely delicious and a good portion too. But my husband's beef and orzo was about the size of a rice cake! He was still hungry when we got back to our apartment. There was a 3 euro coperto (cover charge) vs. the usual 2 euro, and we were charged for four 6 oz. glasses of wine were 5 euro each. The whole meal came to 49 euro which equaled $71. Luckily all other dining out experiences in the area made up for this one with better value and atmosphere.

• Visited May 2014
5 Thank bielbay
London
“3 years later we're still talking about this meal”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We visited Borgobuio 3 years ago (Sept 2010) and we still reminisce about how good the food was. I'm Italian and I'm extremely judgemental about my Italian food! Yes, the big screen TV and the furnishings are tacky and unsophisticated. But the owner is hilarious, singing Pavarotti at the top of his lungs during dinner... but the food was awesome.

This weekend past we tried to recreate the Wild Board Pici we had... though memories fade after 3 years, we know our attempt came nowhere near Borgobuio's. Unforgettable.

Go to Montepulciano just to go there!

• Visited September 2013