“Good”

Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The restaurant Le Logge del Vignola is located in the heart of Montepulciano's old town centre, across from the renowned loggia attributed to "Vignola". There are two elegant, comfortable rooms where, by candlelight, guests can savour dishes from the Tuscan repertoire as well as the restaurant's own distinctive cuisine, accompanied by excellent, local wines. The restaurant is air conditioned. There is a temporary exhibition of art works by Gino Filippeschi. Seasonally available ingredients form the basis of a cuisine that primarily features local products and, taking inspiration from tradition, reimagines them in a way that is adapted to today's tastes. Among the restaurant's offerings: a tasting menu of special cheeses, flambe cuisine and much more... The cellar is stocked with a careful selection of wines from Tuscany and beyond, with the possibility of pairing, even by the glass, suggested by Sommelier Massimo Stella. Owner: Massimo Stella, Executive Chef: Federico La Rocca.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

A little overpriced, but what to expext from a touristtown as Montepulciano. Innovative kitchen with interesting combinations. But it is not spot on. The rissoto was undercooked. The lamb (made sous-vide) was uninteresting (partly because of the cooking methode which is not one of my favorites). The chocolate souffle lacked the souffle-part.
The wine was fairly priced and decanted properly. When asking for ice for the wine (I prefer the redwine at 18 degrees), I was denied the ice, but got the decanter chilled and the waiter fetched a more chilled bottle from the basement. Overall good service.
Remember to book a table.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,033)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were after two weeks in Italy, tired of typical Italian and Le Logge offered excellent mix of Traditional Italian and some modern approach. the food was excellent! The must have is tagliata di manzo with truffle sose. Do not skip dolci. Their tiramisu is the best in the world!!!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Just because the fish is "fresh water" doesn't mean it should taste awful and be poorly cooked. I honestly thought it was a piece of salted, preserved fish, but was told by our server that it was "fresh". Terrible. Absolutely horrid. Dry, smoked fish texture and an off-putting, fishy in a bad way, taste.

Having, post mortem, looked at other reviews, I see the establishment defends itself against bad reviews by accusing the reviewers of not knowing or appreciating food or the "traditional" dish they serve every day. It is not ok to serve poorly cooked, ill tasting fish. Ever. Another defense used by the owner is to say the reviewer did not bring their complaint to the attention of the server. We did, and we were curtly, and rudely dismissed and not even offered the opportunity to order a replacement dish.

Although this restaurant is in the Michelin guide and rated well, it does not deserve to be so. I imagine many of its good reviews are from well off, retired tourists, who are happy with any pasta served in this kind of ambiance.

To be fair, excellent wine, but I can find that in tons of other, friendlier places that actually serve good food.

4  Thank MrYorke
Massimo S, Proprietario at Le Logge del Vignola, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

I'm sorry you have not liked our fish course and I'm sorry to hear you so angry about a dish that was not up to your expectations even if your starters and the main course of your husband were very good as mentioned by yourself, I apologized and he has not paid into the account.
I want to clarify that we do not accuse nobody, if the reviews are true, of course, we always try to figure out if there is something wrong, before it becomes a tragedy as it happened to you, we talked over the fish of the lake and as I said and I repeat to you that we use fresh fish that just worked undergoes rapid reduction of temperature to ensure the quality 'with the due respect that we give our customers , it's a pity that you became so ugly for a dish that you do not 'like ,the menu' is always available if you wanted to change it.
about Michelin, there is no need to defend it, the whole world knows and appreciates it, if we are advises in Montepulciano something good we have done probably
your sincerely Massimo Stella

Reviewed 27 June 2014

This is quite an intimate restaurant, with a high standard of food and excellent service. The waiters and sommeliers were very knowledgable and friendly. We had a table near the window and it was lovely.

The food was very interesting, our meal was delicious with one exception. I felt the onion soup and sausage was just too rich for me personally and my partner agreed. It was more of a caramelised onion flavour and it's hard to eat a portion of that size as a main. The rest of the meal was lovely although it was slightly more expensive than we felt it should have been.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

So, how does a restaurant gets a no. 1 billing when there was not one course of food that was remotely tasty? What are people's expectations in terms of quality and execution of dishes? I have no idea!!

We did not enjoy our dinner at Le Logge del Vignola, not at all. The food was totally unacceptable. The dough of the ravioli with baccala was too thick; the dish was tasteless and practically cold. Onion soup was basically a bowl of boiled onions. We both ordered a steak dish and, while the meat was tender enough, it was totally and completely flavorless, covered with a layer of raw bacon. Husband had a form of cheesecake for dessert. I was done at that point.

It is an ok restaurant space: small, too warm, with an unexpected almost Asian decor. Service is pleasant and attentive but, as noted above, a total disappointment as far as execution of food. Based on the reviews, I am willing to consider that this was chef's night off. However, I would not chance such a pricey disappointment again.

We should have returned to La Grotta at the foot of Montepulciano and had another amazing dinner there.

5  Thank Anna G

But it is too difficult to say all at the moment?
We have only direct your complaint to remedy,

but the world is beautiful because various
best wishes