“The best experience! Great for solo travel”
Review of Palazzo Bellarmino

Palazzo Bellarmino
Ranked #16 of 45 Montepulciano B&B and Inns
West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States
“The best experience! Great for solo travel”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This apartment was one of the highlights of my trip to Tuscany. It was my first trip, and my first solo venture. I had come from Florence, and arrived in Montepulciano in the afternoon. The apartment was spacious, cool, immaculately clean, everything was new, and the bed was comfortable. I had plenty of extra blanktes and towels. It was exactly what I wanted. I received the best service from Donatella, the proprietor, she was kind and welcoming and provided great tips on where to shop, dine, and walk. The hotel is on top of Montepulciano and is right by the main square - the location is prime! The kitchen was wonderful for me as I like to make my own breakfasts and snacks from goods I find in the markets.As a solo female traveler, I fet safe, secure, and well connected. The WiFi is solid here so you can check in with life outside of vacation. I adored this hotel and I will return on my next trip to Tuscany.

Room Tip: I stayed in Il Cantuccio. The view was great
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Amadora, Portugal
Reviewed 7 August 2013

The value for the money is amazing. It was the cheapest hotel on this trip to the Chianti region.
The appartment was huge, even bigger than my real home!!! And the views and the surroundings were simple amazing. The hotel is located in the center of Montepulciano so you have anything at a walking distance. The staff was very friendly! Definitelly recommend this place to every one. Just one small detail: the parking is outside the oldtown halls since only residents can drive there.

Hong Kong
Reviewed 24 October 2012

This hotel is one of the cheapest hotels we have booked for this trip. It is excellent for the value of money.

I think this apartment style hotel would be excellent if you were going in a big group as it is very spacious and have multiple rooms.

However, (this is purely a personal perception!) I was quite scared of the long hallway and dim lighting, and the fact that it is located right beside the Museum of Torture did not help to ease the effects.

Reviewed 12 October 2012

Prior to arrival we received a map of where to park; we booked the private parking. Equipped with that we set out from Chianti to Montepulciano. Oh dear, quite the experience finding our way up the winding hill roads of Montepulciano, and for some reason the next day we feared no better..but getting lost you get to see some amazing sights!! Problems with GPS's they want to take you through the limited traffic zones. Anyway, the detours trying to find it, were well made up for by the Palazzo Bellarmino! We stayed in the two bedroom apartment which was HUGE! The views were stunning. The kitchen was well equipped, the wifi worked well, and there was a modern self service laundry close by. On the doorstep were the main Piazza and so many great restaurants and some small delis for breakfast supplies.

While carrying suitcases up the flights of stairs is not optimal, it is worth it! Probably the best value for money on our trip to Italy.

Room Tip: Be aware of the stairs!
1 Thank Audrey S
winnipeg
Reviewed 29 August 2012 via mobile

We stayed in the top apartment for four persons. The apartment was clean, spacious and rustic but modern at the same time. The old internal courtyard is magical at night and we feel asleep to the sounds of the opera performance from the town piazza.

• Stayed August 2012
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 15 August 2012

We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartments with views over the Tuscan countryside. The apartment is a converted convent with modern features and a great kitchen for preparing your own Italian cuisine. Located only 30 meters from the main piazza, it is surrounded by great restaurants and, if you book ahead, parking just around the corner. We stayed for 3 nights and did not regret it for a minute. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Overall this was a great place. The hotel was one of the highlights of our trip--the atmosphere of the historic building and the central location added a whole extra dimension to our experience. We were thrilled to stay at the hotel. The "room" was actually a huge apartment--we are a family of five, and the apartment was extremely spacious for all of us. The kitchen was huge and fantastic, and there was even a sitting room in addition to the two bedrooms. The bedrooms had wonderful views. The reception at the hotel was very nice and gave us great advice. We felt very much at home--it was like renting a furnished apartment, rather than being in a hotel or a bed and breakfast. However, there are some items that, though not important to us, people should know before coming here: (1) the office is only open for a short time in the morning and from 3 pm to 7 pm, (2) the apartment was on a very high floor, and there is no elevator or anyone to assist, (3) there was no maid service, and (4) there is no air conditioner. The only real negative for us was the shower stall. It was so tiny that it was impossible to shower comfortably since I could not lift my arms or turn around while in the stall (and I am not unusually large). Even my pre-teen children could not move in the shower stall without banging the sides. Other than that, the place was wonderful and we enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family