“Angel sighting!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Palazzo Bellarmino
Ranked #13 of 44 Montepulciano B&B and Inns
“Angel sighting!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

This accomodation was the most comfortable of everywhere we stayed during our 3 weeks in Italy. Julian was such a wonderful host and organised discounted meals at a lovely restaurant around the corner as well as free tickets to a wine tasting event which happened to be on in the nearby castle.

The location is absolutely perfect. Opposite the cathedral, our apartment was the highest in the palazzo and looked out directly on to the cathedral bells. It felt very safe, renovated beautifully, you get to walk up the steps of the internal courtyard with full lighting at a switch of a button at any time of day or night. When we arrived Julian carried the heaviest of our suitcases all the way up with ease, unlike yours truly who struggled to carry our munchkin up initially - however you become quite used to the stairs and in the end I really enjoyed scaling them!

The apartment was huge, even bigger than our 3 bed house back in Australia, which was rare for Italy in our experience. It was immaculate in terms of facilities, cleanliness and comfort of the king size bed. Our 15 month old was doted on everywhere we went in Montepulciano and especially loved all the room in the apartment to run about. It was minimalistic and very easy to baby proof compared to other accommodation we stayed in, and it was great to be all on one level.

Montepulciano was our favourite place in Italy. I think this was in part due to the graciousness of the people we met and of course the amazing scenery everywhere you look - truly you feel as if you are in a painting.

However it was the mystical experience I had on our last evening here which will stay with me forever. I woke up in the early hours of the morning and saw the outline of a huge angel on the other side of the bed beside my husband. The ceilings are very high and it's wings were clearly outlined against the large wardrobe behind it. I am not a religious person, so this was a truly amazing experience and completely shocked me. The angel emitted a very loving energy and I sensed it was performing healing on my husband, so I didn't feel scared but grateful for having witnessed this.

The bathroom window of the apartment looks out directly onto several floors of nuns in their habits going about their daily work so perhaps it is all this praying which attracts angels to the area!

In any case we are grateful and I hope other people may have as special time here as we did.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Tosca80

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

This apartment was one of the highlights of my trip to Tuscany. It was my first trip, and my first solo venture. I had come from Florence, and arrived in Montepulciano in the afternoon. The apartment was spacious, cool, immaculately clean, everything was new, and the bed was comfortable. I had plenty of extra blanktes and towels. It was exactly what I wanted. I received the best service from Donatella, the proprietor, she was kind and welcoming and provided great tips on where to shop, dine, and walk. The hotel is on top of Montepulciano and is right by the main square - the location is prime! The kitchen was wonderful for me as I like to make my own breakfasts and snacks from goods I find in the markets.As a solo female traveler, I fet safe, secure, and well connected. The WiFi is solid here so you can check in with life outside of vacation. I adored this hotel and I will return on my next trip to Tuscany.

Room Tip: I stayed in Il Cantuccio. The view was great
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Amadora, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

The value for the money is amazing. It was the cheapest hotel on this trip to the Chianti region.
The appartment was huge, even bigger than my real home!!! And the views and the surroundings were simple amazing. The hotel is located in the center of Montepulciano so you have anything at a walking distance. The staff was very friendly! Definitelly recommend this place to every one. Just one small detail: the parking is outside the oldtown halls since only residents can drive there.

Hong Kong
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012

This hotel is one of the cheapest hotels we have booked for this trip. It is excellent for the value of money.

I think this apartment style hotel would be excellent if you were going in a big group as it is very spacious and have multiple rooms.

However, (this is purely a personal perception!) I was quite scared of the long hallway and dim lighting, and the fact that it is located right beside the Museum of Torture did not help to ease the effects.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2012

Prior to arrival we received a map of where to park; we booked the private parking. Equipped with that we set out from Chianti to Montepulciano. Oh dear, quite the experience finding our way up the winding hill roads of Montepulciano, and for some reason the next day we feared no better..but getting lost you get to see some amazing sights!! Problems with GPS's they want to take you through the limited traffic zones. Anyway, the detours trying to find it, were well made up for by the Palazzo Bellarmino! We stayed in the two bedroom apartment which was HUGE! The views were stunning. The kitchen was well equipped, the wifi worked well, and there was a modern self service laundry close by. On the doorstep were the main Piazza and so many great restaurants and some small delis for breakfast supplies.

While carrying suitcases up the flights of stairs is not optimal, it is worth it! Probably the best value for money on our trip to Italy.

Room Tip: Be aware of the stairs!
1 Thank Audrey S
winnipeg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012 via mobile

We stayed in the top apartment for four persons. The apartment was clean, spacious and rustic but modern at the same time. The old internal courtyard is magical at night and we feel asleep to the sounds of the opera performance from the town piazza.

• Stayed August 2012
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartments with views over the Tuscan countryside. The apartment is a converted convent with modern features and a great kitchen for preparing your own Italian cuisine. Located only 30 meters from the main piazza, it is surrounded by great restaurants and, if you book ahead, parking just around the corner. We stayed for 3 nights and did not regret it for a minute. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family