“The most heavenly place to stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Agriturismo Villa Mazzi

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Agriturismo Villa Mazzi
Albany, California
“The most heavenly place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

Image a view of a hilltop city, across a small valley with grazing sheep, framed by your living room window. That's Villa Mazzi. I originally planned on spending one night there, passing thru the area. I was lucky the apartment was available a second night; I just was not ready to let go of the beauty here. I mentioned to Loredana that I was meeting a friend who was coming up from Rome and she suggested he take the train to a different city than planned... such a perfect suggestion! The train tracks ran along the highway and finding this other train station was absolutely simple! Later in the trip, I just had to share the beauty of Villa Mazzi with my friend.. and was lucky that there was a single night vacancy to accommodate us. The restaurant recommendation was the greatest! Loredana is the perfect hostess and Villa Mazzi is the perfect accommodation!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Escondido, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

I had high hopes for our stay in Tuscany and this property was even more than I hoped for. We arrived very late at night and Loredana had stayed up waiting for us to make sure we got in OK. She was very accommodating and didn't make us feel like we were bothering her. When we woke up the next morning and opened the drapes to our apartment window (the Il Cedro unit), I felt like I was in a dream. The scenery is unbelievably beautiful. The view of Montepulciano and the surrounding area are like a painting right outside your door to enjoy for as long as you would like to. Lots of areas to sit and enjoy a cup of cappuccino or a glass of wine along with the scenery. There are sheep grazing in the nearby meadow which you can see from the property. The apartment is spacious with a small kitchen and dining area.

There were some minor things that were negative, but really the positives far outweigh them. The bed was too firm since I have back problems. Also, the bed is next to the fireplace so the smell of the ashes was not pleasant (I am very sensitive to smells). We could hear noise from the unit above us, but it was after we were awake so it was not a problem.

Overall, this property is amazing and the unit is very clean and spacious. The price is very reasonable and the owner is wonderfully friendly and helpful. Good location from which to explore the Tuscany area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank psychoteacher
Rochester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Dear Loredana and Mario,
Our wonderful trip to Italy has concluded and we are left with our memories. Of all the places we visited our three days with you was our favorite. It is so impressive how you have made Villa Mazzi such a comfortable home for travelers. The grounds and the property are immaculate and it is quite obvious that you both work very hard. Please know that it is appreciated.

Loredana, your preserves and quince paste are the best! Please tell your sisters-in law that we loved their cheese. And, of course, tell Lao we miss him terribly!

I hope our paths cross again someday as I felt a special connection to you and your farm. If you ever are on a trip to the United States, we would love to show you some American hospitality.

Room Tip: La Loggia is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath apartment with an amazing view of Montelpulciano. It is immaculate...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013 via mobile

This place is really something special. We came in the off-season (December) and stayed for 4 nights in Il Cedro. Really cute unit that has a picturesque view of Montepulciano. Nicely decorated, and had all the basic necessities. The property was beautiful, with lots of great places to sit and relax, or take in the view. Def. try their olive oil, as well as their family's cheese down the road.

A few things to note:
- you have to pay for heating. They track it by the hour, so when it is cold, this can substantially increase the price of the rental.
- you have to pay for fire wood as well. Maybe it was just me, but the 2-3 times we got a fire burning, the smoke would fill up the apartment (and yes, I had the chute open), so we had to have a window open which made it that much colder!

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012 via mobile

My husband and I spent two wonderful weeks in Italy in October, and our three days at the Villa Mazzi were our favorite part. I had gotten the recommendation for this agriturismo through friends, and I am happy that I did. We stayed in the free-standing cottage called il Pino, which I expected to be tiny but which actually had two large rooms and a nice bathroom. There were kitchen facilities if one wanted to cook, and the place was spotless. Comfy bed. I thought perhaps we might hear road noise at night, but we did not. We could sit outside in the yard and have a stunning view of Montepulciano. Loredana was a delightful hostess, speaking good English and being most accommodating. We wanted to take a hike through the fields and then up to the town, taking a picnic lunch of the local bread, cheese and salami, and Loredana helped us map out a beautiful hiking route. She also gave us very good restaurant recommendations, useful info on where to park in Montepulciano, and mapped out for us some ideas on a driving route to visit some other Tuscan villages. She helped my husband charge one of his devices, since we did not have a laptop along, suggested I use her clotheslines to dry some hand
laundry, and was simply great. One morning I got up early and took a run along the gravel road heading past the nearby cheese factory. The view was gorgeous, I could hear the bells from the nearby flock of sheep; fabulous. By the way, the nearby cheese factory is a place you can stop, borrow one of their picnic baskets, fill it with cheese, bread, salami, and wine and then head outside to picnic tables to eat and enjoy the view. The Villa Mazzi was a great home base for exploring Tuscany; I would love to go back and spend more time there. Montepulciano itself, which is just a short drive from Villa Mazzi, has some great restaurants and the people are very friendly and helpful, from the woman in the tourist info center, to the shop keepers and restaurant staff.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank 1susan1
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

My wife and I stayed at Villa Mazzi for two days 5 years ago. We stayed in the Il Cedro and il Tiglio Rooms and we enjoyed it a lot. This year we had a family trip to Italy and the four of us stayed for 6 nights at la Laggoia. Very clean, well equipped and comfortable for two couples. It has 3 bedrooms and two bathrooms so it accomodates 6 persons very well. The view is incredible. Leo is a very lucky dog to be able to live in such a wonderful place. He is a very good dog and we had a lot of fun with it. We bought vino nobile, marmelade, honey, salumi, olive oil and everything was so delicious. Villa Mazzi is very well located for day trips in Tuscany and just a short drive to Montepulciano. Loredana is more than a great host, she is a good friend. One day I would loved to spend a month there with my wife.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jean O
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2012

My wife and just returned from our first trip in Tuscana and we loved almost every moment of it. (the rain and cold days were not the greatest but that is life) Villa Mazzi was outstanding - we had never stayed in an Agritirismo before so we were not quite sure what to expect but we were not disappointed. We had the room called el Cedro and it was just perfect for the two of us. We loved having a place to come home to every day after our travels throughout the region and we liked getting greeted by Leo the dog. Loredana works very hard on her English and she helped us not get lost too often. Mario cheers for the wrong football team but there is nothing I can do about that. The room was clean and comfortable. The room provided us with an opportunity to cook our own meals to give us a break from going out to dinner. In Toscana there are so many places to see that you need a place you can go "home to and digest everything - Villa Mazzi is a perfect home away from home

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple