“I lived like a princess”
Review of Palazzo Carletti

Palazzo Carletti
Ranked #7 of 44 Montepulciano B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We stayed here for our wedding and had the room with the balcony and the steam shower. It was like living a fairy tale. While everyone was touring around, I stayed in on the day before our wedding, I opened the large windows and smelled the wind and heard laughter on the streets. I poured myself a bath, made myself a cappuccino and listened to music as I arranged my gown and prepared for the am guests to arrive. I didn't want to leave. The rooms are more like suites, they are stocked with refreshments, the views are breathtaking and our wedding pictures are stunning. The manager, Cristian , was so very helpful and kind with all our questions and requests. When I tell people about my Italian wedding, it is mostly about my beautiful golden room with a view! From there I could stroll the streets, shop, grab groceries and just view the town. If I could move in permanently I would have.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alicia C

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Everything about our one night stay at the Palazzo Carletti was excellent. The Palazzo is well located in the centre of town. Christian is very welcoming and professional and was happy to make restaurant recommendations and reservations for us and give us advice about visiting Montepulciano. One of the restaurants he recommended, La Grotta, was one of the best of many good meals we had in Tuscany. Our room - the suite with a view of the countryside - was really lovely. The bathroom was large and modern and there was a spacious sitting room. The bed was comfortable and the view was amazing. Those considering staying here should keep in mind that there is a bit of a hike up a hill from the parking area so may be difficult for those with mobility issues. It is possible to drive to the front of the Palazzo to make a drop off of luggage and/or passengers.

Room Tip: Select the suite with the valley view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CEH-MPG
Reviewed 23 June 2013

The rooms are beautifully decorated in a style appropriate to a Tuscan palazzo.
The breakfast room / lounge / office is a grand space to start each day.
Only one room has a view over the Tuscan countryside, and what a view !
In one of the other rooms its a very pleasant place to stay.,In the room with the view it becomes a memorable holiday experience.
The town itself is an authentic hilltop town, well serviced with restaurants and wine bars, and places of interest., and is a great location from which to tour the Tuscan countryside.
Breakfast is included, and nice, but needs some variation if you are staying more than a couple of days.

Room Tip: Make sure you book the room with the view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2013

This is a magnificent little hotel....tiny,really, with I think 5-6 rooms. Right in the middle of the town, it is perfectly located, with a car park not so very far away. The reception room (where you also take your breakfast) is extraordinary, with soaring,painted ceilings,antiques,etc, and our room itself (the one with the panoramic view of the Tuscan countryside...it may be called the "Albany") was equally as impressive....a large sitting room with fireplace,bar,flatscreen, vaulted ,painted (?frescoed) ceiling...a large comfortable bedroom with spectacular view and balcony....and a totally refurbished zen-ish, modern bathroom, with an enormous spa tub with a view.There is no question that you will be "wowed" by this package. (I've been lots of places and this knocked me out). The downsides....it is located on the 2nd floor of the building which means two flights of stone stairs (no elevator and no bellboy) and virtually no other hotel amenities you might expect/require (room service, dining room, gym,business area,etc.) Christian acts as the manager, concierge,tour guide, problem solver...and while very charming and capable, he is not always around. But,but,but......This is truly a wonderful discovery and I'd return in a heartbeat.

2  Thank sheams54
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We were only stopping over in Montepulciano for one night on our way North and man are we glad we did. It's a lovely, touristy town and the wine is fabulous, but the Palazzo is what really made it for us. Situated in a very old building that overlooks both the hills and the street below, the rooms are fantastic. 25ft domed ceiling with frescos, a gorgeous new bathroom with rain shower and jets, an amazing manager who is friendly and has many great suggestions, a fantastic breakfast and every room in the place is just beautiful.
Go, stay, relax. It's worth every Euro.

1  Thank Cheryl C
Reviewed 16 June 2013

If you want to stay right in the heart of Montepulciano this is the place. We stayed here for three nights on our honeymoon and had an amazing time. We stayed in the Suite Deluxe Albany which is the best room in the hotel, it has a balcony with an unobstructed view of the countryside, it is well worth the price as it is the only room with this view. Getting here was easy and parking was no problem at all.

Breakfast was perfect every morning and the rooms were cleaned to perfection each day. This is truly a five star boutique hotel and I can't imagine staying anywhere else. My wife and I would definitely recommend Palazzo Carletti to anyone.

Room Tip: Suite Deluxe Albany
1  Thank KMHJNH
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We spent 5 nights in this wonderful place. From the very first moment you are charmed by the host Christian. As it was a challenge to find the parking place in Montepulciano Christian was so kind that he accompanied us and showed the parking place. Then he helped us with our luggage and explained the details about the palace. This is was a very unusual place with historic character and modern facilities. The most striking thing was a private Turkish sauna in our room. The breakfast was very Italian and it was served by Christian in the common room with beautiful frescos. The total stay was absolutely unforgettable and we would like to thank our genial host Christian for all his care.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family