“Wonderful hotel”

Ranked #7 of 44 Montepulciano B&B and Inns
Antwerp, Belgium
“Wonderful hotel”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

During our two week car trip through Italy we stayed one night in the Palazzo Carletti in Montepulciano. We normally never stay in Bed and breakfasts or Inns but this one had so good reviews that we could not resist.

We booked the Deluxe Albany Suite online for three persons. According to the website this particular room had a pull out sofa bed. I read so many good reviews that I was really looking forward to our stay.

Prior to our stay I contacted Mr. Christian by email for securing a parking spot. I received clear directions which I printed out to find our parking place on the day of arrival. The hotel has a few private places located not so far from the hotel.

On the day of arrival we followed all route descriptions for our parking spot but eventually we could not find it, after driving in circles we decided to call the hotel. Christian informed us that due to weather the parking places were covered with dirt and that we could not use them. He unfortunately did not inform us about this but after 20 minutes we finally found a free parking spot a bit further.

From there we had to take extremely steep roads to the hotel which was barely impossible with our luggage. It also took a while for us once we found the hotel ad we could only see it from the hotels flags.

Once we found the Palazzo it was one level up by stairs with our luggage as there is no lift available in the beautiful house. We were welcomed in the hotel’s lobby/public room/breakfast area by Christian and handled our check in. All the rooms are located next to the lobby area so only one door removed from other guests, this sometimes lead to some loud noise in our room.

We entered our room and were highly impressed by the beauty and view from our room. There were two separate rooms in our Suite. First there was a seating area with TV, free mini bar, ice machine, beautiful ceiling paintings and the sofa bed. The bedroom had a stunning view on the Tuscan fields.

The bathroom was extensive and was very modern. It had a really big Jacuzzi and a separate shower and toilet. The only downside was the see through window between the bedroom and bathroom could not be covered. Suited for couples but less for families.

The room was really stunning and the Jacuzzi was a nice extra, it had mood lighting but took a while to fill up.

Christian later advised us for some sights and things to do in the small village of Montepulciano. We visited a really good winery and did some sightseeing in the village. In the evening we had an extremely good diner in La Grotta restaurant upon recommendation of Christian.

The hotel is not staffed during the night but guests can enter and leave the hotel via their key cards.

Next morning Christian was very busy as the hotel was full and there were not enough chairs if all guests would come at once. Breakfast was individually set per table with extremely carefully chosen fresh ingredients and delicious breads and spreads . Breakfast was simply delicious.

Overall a wonderful stay in a wonderful hotel !

Room Tip: The Deluxe Albany Suite has a big Jacuzzi and breathtaking views
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Max W

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 16 September 2013

A perfect small inn in the center of the historic district. Christian, the host was the most helpful. He is very knowledgeable about the area and can arrange anything you want to do.Everything was outstanding. The rooms are very spacious and even have an ice maker!! The bathrooms are also modern and wonderful. A great stay that beat our expectations.

Room Tip: The front room has a terrace overlooking the valley- ask for this one!!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susan3891
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Whilst travelling around Tuscany for two weeks, my friend and I stayed for one night in Palazzo Carletti. We were both impressed by the lovely welcome from Christian who was attentive and friendly throughout our stay. The suite was completely stunning with beautiful views of the Tuscan countryside, a jacuzzi bath and everything you needed. The breakfast was excellent. Montepulciano and the Palazzo Carletti remain our favourite Tuscan destination. I have already recommended it to everyone I know (as well as the odd stranger) and I will most certainly return.

Room Tip: Try and get the suite with the view.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sara M
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 31 August 2013

This was the most beautiful accommodation of our entire vacation. We opted for the deluxe suite and the incredible view of the Tuscan countryside from the bedroom balcony alone made it worth the extra. Christian our host was kind and very helpful. If you are going to Montepulciano and want to stay in a beautiful and luxurious place do not hesitate to book Palazzo Carletti.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Deborah R
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We reached Montepulciano after a few travel glitches and were tired. My husband had booked this place for 3 nights and I had no idea about the details etc. Upon our arrival, Christian - the one man show - put us instantly at ease. His charming welcome and hospitality, wow'ed us. We were instantly put at ease. This is not 'it' still.
He showed us to our suite with the balcony and the view knocked me over. It was just so beautiful. We have had the pleasure to travel to some exotic places in the past and this makes the top 5 list for us. A brilliant way to take in the Tuscan air and experience the luxurious simplicity.
This region has so much to offer and Christian truly helped us plan our days and get the best out of our 80 hours stay here. Thank you and we will come back again.

Suggestion: Add more pillows to the bed and chairs in the balcony.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HafsahSyed
Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We stayed here for our wedding and had the room with the balcony and the steam shower. It was like living a fairy tale. While everyone was touring around, I stayed in on the day before our wedding, I opened the large windows and smelled the wind and heard laughter on the streets. I poured myself a bath, made myself a cappuccino and listened to music as I arranged my gown and prepared for the am guests to arrive. I didn't want to leave. The rooms are more like suites, they are stocked with refreshments, the views are breathtaking and our wedding pictures are stunning. The manager, Cristian , was so very helpful and kind with all our questions and requests. When I tell people about my Italian wedding, it is mostly about my beautiful golden room with a view! From there I could stroll the streets, shop, grab groceries and just view the town. If I could move in permanently I would have.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Alicia C
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Everything about our one night stay at the Palazzo Carletti was excellent. The Palazzo is well located in the centre of town. Christian is very welcoming and professional and was happy to make restaurant recommendations and reservations for us and give us advice about visiting Montepulciano. One of the restaurants he recommended, La Grotta, was one of the best of many good meals we had in Tuscany. Our room - the suite with a view of the countryside - was really lovely. The bathroom was large and modern and there was a spacious sitting room. The bed was comfortable and the view was amazing. Those considering staying here should keep in mind that there is a bit of a hike up a hill from the parking area so may be difficult for those with mobility issues. It is possible to drive to the front of the Palazzo to make a drop off of luggage and/or passengers.

Room Tip: Select the suite with the valley view.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple