We stayed two nights in October. Our room was roomy and comfortable and included a large patio. The hotel staff was very helpful and the breakfast included hot eggs cooked to order and coffee or cappuccino, something not typically included given our two weeks in a number of properties. The hotel is located just inside the main gate, so it's a liitle bit of a walk to the major sites - about 10 minutes. We didn't mind given the over-all quality of the hotel. It was also very quiet. No aiir-conditioning, which we found the norm in Tuscany. It was fairly cool during our stay here, but just be aware that if it's hot, you are going to be hot too. No ceiling fan either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Behind the Medicean column there is the Hotel Il Marzocco, the oldest in town. It was built in 1500 as a farm of the nearby convent. In 1860 it became a hotel and since the early 1900s it has been run by the same family. The hotel looks like a large house where the atmosphere of the old times is still kept. Its bedrooms open on wide lounges that, like the reading room and the sitting room, are furnished with genuine XIX century pieces. Some bedrooms have balconies or terraces with a view on the valleys, other ones have their windows over the Renaissance houses of the old town. The hotel has had important guests like actors, writers, politicians, all of whom are fond of the great view from its terraces. A free parking area is available, as well as comfortable relaxing spaces and a wide dining room where breakfast is served from a rich buffet with home-made bread and cakes, jams and pies. Among the roses of the garden, the Canada creeper climbs until the terraces and creates a pergola up to the roof, at first green in summer, than all red in September and yellow during the autumn. Red geraniums at the windows, together with the old lace curtains, add to the building a perfectly romantic touch. Wi-Fi Connection. We accept pets. Free Indoor garage for motorbikes and bicycles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Albergo Il Marzocco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Marzocco Montepulciano
- Il Marzocco Hotel Montepulciano