“Tatiana Super!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Montorio
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Tatiana Super!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

Great location! You can be completely alone, in the morning on the territory I met a roedeer. At the same time the historical centre of Montepulciano is in a walking distance. Many picturesque villages, wineries, termal springs within 20-30 minutes drive on the scenic roads. The apartment is comfortable, clean, have all the necessary for a comfortable stay. The owner of the Villa are very welcoming and attentive. I want to come here once more!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

72sfn, Proprietario at Montorio, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Mrs Tatiana
thank you very much for your recent and lovely review.
It has been a real pleasure to guest you and your husband and I am happy that you have appreciate your apartment and its facilities and the close distance to town .
I hope to see you again and I hope that the next time you will came to montepulciano you will choose again MOntorio

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Turkish first
Mackay, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

Our arrival at Montorio was delayed, but manager, Stephania, was more than happy to stay to greet us regardless.
From the moment we stepped out of the car at almost sunset, we felt in another world. Montorio is in a strikingly beautiful part of the country on the top of a hill. We often had afternoon drinks in the garden overlooking the valleys below, the views are breathtakingly lovely. If Stephania spotted us in the garden on her way home etc, she would be sure to say hello and ask if there were any problems or to have a chat.
Our apartment, comprising a cute kitchette, lounge, bedroom & bathroom were adequate. The shower stall was very small by Australian standards, but we noticed that in a lot of our accommodation throughout the country & it depends if these things bother you or not. Our bed was a little hard, another thing we noticed in most of the places we stayed.. Montorio has a guest laundry,(not available everywhere) so that was a real bonus, do save your 1 & 2 euro coins.. Overall, we enjoyed our stay very much, we certainly felt like we were in Tuscany :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank KCD012
72sfn, Proprietario at Montorio, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear Mr Kcd012,

thank you very much to have choosen Montorio during your stay at Montepulciano and thatnk you for sharing your experiece with the large community of Trip advisor.

I enjoyed to mey you and I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay.

If you will be back I wish you will choose again MOntorio

SIncerely,
Stefania
Venice, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

We stayed at Montorio at the end of August. We were greeted by the owner, Stefania, who was very friendly and welcoming and gave us a map of Montepulciano with lots of tips regarding shopping, eating and drinking. It just so happened that when we arrived there was a violin and piano concerto at Stefania's other residence, a lovely boutique hotel down the road from Montorio. I mentioned that we would like to go and Stefania gave us free tickets and directions. We were so happy and had a lovely evening.
We stayed here at the end of a very busy two week tour (Verona, Lake Garda, Venice, Florence and Montepulciano) and were in desperate need of some rest and relaxation. We could not have stayed anywhere more perfect. The house itself is beautifully presented and situated on a hill with very well kept grounds. The views were stunning. We found it so comfortable that we decided to just stay in all day relaxing, sunbathing and reading. At night the area is so quiet that you sleep like a baby!
I could not recommend this place enough. It was truly amazing and we will definitely be returning.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank seal9667
72sfn, Proprietario at Montorio, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Dear Mr Seal
thank you for this wondeful review and for the many photo you have posted
I am particulary happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you would like to be back
Thank you to have partecipate at the concert I organize at my boutique hotel Villa Poggiano , it has been a pleasure to have you there and that could appreciate
I look forward to see you again
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

When I'd been programing my visit to Italy, the Tuscany were my desired destiny. So, the unique hotel that I reserved was the one of Montepulciano. The first image of Montorio was unique. My visit and stay with my wife were, realy, a fantastic, magical experience. Of course this place and this Hotel will be my choice in the future travel to Tuscany.
In time, our contact with Mrs. Stefania was very cordial and friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

stefaniasav, Proprietario at Montorio, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear Mr Paulo 19555,
you and your wife have been such lovely guest and have bring the charme of Brasil to MOntorio
I am very happy that you have enjoyed your stay in our country house and I will be honorated if you wouls like to came back again
A big hugh
Wooster, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

My husband and I will return to Montorio. The setting, our apartment, the views, fragrances from the massive wild rosemary, olive trees and flowers all exceeded our expectations. This stone country house has the feel of Tuscany that we were looking for. We loved having open windows with such beautiful views. Owner Stefania was a gracious hostess and made several suggestions for dining and experiencing the nearby Tuscan countryside that we followed. We thoroughly enjoyed the major walks to the center of Montepulciano from Montorio. Also, the location provided easy access to the continuation of our journey. Eating breakfast on the terrace was so lovely and sitting in the chaises overlooking the valley and Temple of San Biagio was so relaxing and a step back in time. Carol & Ken USA

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

72sfn, Proprietario at Montorio, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Dear Carol and Ken,
Thank you very much for this wonderful review. I am so happy that you enjoy everything about MOntorio, the apartment facilities, the location and I am very happy that you found in MOntorio what was in your mind

I really hope to see and guest you again

warmest regards
Stefania
Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

My husband and I spent just over four months exploring all of Italy last fall (2012). We chose Montorio as a base for spending 5 magical weeks in Tuscany, from early November until mid-December. We rented the largest unit, and were very, very comfortable there. In fact, it was the nicest of all our rentals in Italy (and we had seen a lot!). Stefania was warm and gracious as our host, and helped us in every way, including tips on finding wonderful walking routes through the countryside. Our apartment was very tastefully decorated with two comfortable sofas, a large dining table, two spacious bedrooms and great beds. The bathroom was beautiful, especially the hand painted tiles. We were sad that the fireplace did not work, but the unit was cozy on all but the most cold and windy days, and afforded views of beautiful Tuscan country from all sides. We liked that we had outdoor space and a quiet, natural setting, but super-easy convenience of walking (OK, the walk is steep, but we are pretty athletic) or driving up to Montepulciano and other nearby hill towns. There were also two very good restaurants, a coffee bar, and a grocery within easy (no hills) walking distance from the property.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

72sfn, Owner at Montorio, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Dear Mrs LPuzio,

thank you for your wonderful review. It has been so nice to guest you and your husband at Montorio during the winter months and for so many weeks. After so long time you were part of the communicty, your progress in learning the italin language at the shool in town have been fantastic and at the end you could speak .
I am happy that you have appreciate the apartments and that you have founded comfortable.
I hope that you will be back one day

Rabastens, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

Montorio sits on a small hill with beautiful views, right next to Montepulciano, which is a few minutes drive (with easy parking) or a steep walk. The house and gardens are great, the only thing missing is a pool maybe for in summer. The apartment was big, nicely decorated, and even has a kitchen (why cook in Italy though?). It's an excellent place to visit Tuscany, lots of day trips. And the owner Stefania is very nice and will give you all kinds of tips if you are looking for restaurants or wine for example. A great place!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank seanb471
72sfn, Owner at Montorio, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Dear Mr Seanb471
thank you very much to have choosen Montorio during your stay in MOntepulciano and thank for the wonderful words you have written for us.

I would like to respond to your question about the pool wich is one of the most frequent demand I receive from my guest. We would like to have a pool and if it could be possible we will do it for sure, BUT because of the peculiarity of MOntorio , its unique location in front of the church of SAn Biagio , it is no possible to built a pool. The area aroun the church has strick enviroment laws and one of them do not give the possibility to built a pool. I know that can be amazing it is for us too, but to be positive we have an incredible view with no pool:)

I hope to guest you again