Villa Poggiano
Il Borghetto(Montepulciano)
Average 3/5
L' Agnolo(Montepulciano)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewshomemade yogurtthe main housetuscan countrysidela grottathe ownerprivate cooking classowner's familysuperior suiteswimming pool isour favorite placeeach morningpeaceful placebreakfast roomminute driveour recent staydinner reservationsbreakfast was excellent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Where to start? My husband and I stayed here in early Oct for 5 nights, and our stay proved to be everything the past reviews have raved about. Our suite #302 was spacious and elegantly furnished. The numerous tall windows looked out to the most amazing views. When I opened the shutters each morning, I had to catch my breath. There is almost no way to describe the beauty of the Tuscan landscape, and it is all there to enjoy from multiple vantage points at the Villa Poggiano. The warm hosptiality of Stephania and her staff envelope you from her first greeting to the last hug and arriverderci. The breakfasts in the lovely room provided were always a treat, from the home made yogurt and fruit, to the made to order delicious omelets, and pastries galore. It was a setting we were grateful to come "home" to after touring the countryside, always following Stefania's excellent recommendations for restaurants and itineraries. Montepulciano, the town itself, was as I imagined- a courtly walled city high on a hill, with winding narrow stone alleys, and charming shops. And the gelato, did I mention the gelato?
We highly recommend staying at Villa Poggiano on your next trip to Tuscany, we would not consider staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: Suite 302 was elegant, spacious. Had juliette balcony overlooking the most beautiful views.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
72sfn, Proprietario at Villa Poggiano, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear MrsJBiss,

I am very deligh that your stay exceeded your expectations, it is not easy if you have already hight expectations, really thank you

I have just to precise the number of the room you stayed , in case other guest that would like to have that. The one with a french balcony you stayed is our best superior suite n. 3 and it is really unique.

Thank you to share your experience at Villa Poggiano with the large Trip advisor community and I wish to guest you again if you will be back to Montepulciano

Stefania Savini and Villa Poggiano's staff

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights of our honeymoon in Italy. We somehow received an incredible room (#10) which had an AMAZING view of the countryside and was quite private. Breakfast was superb even though I probably ate too many pastries each morning. :)
The staff was really friendly and helpful, and helped us set up dinner reservations and even gave us a box to take some wine home in!
We will be staying here the next time we visit Tuscany!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BrittanyDTP
72sfn, Proprietario at Villa Poggiano, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear Mrs BrittanyDPT,

thank to have choosen Villa Poggiano during your honey moon in Tuscany , it has been a pleasure to have you and you wife at the villa and I am pleased that you liked our classic room with view.

I hope to see you again in the future

I wish you all my best
stefania

Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is the ideal way to stay in Tuscany. The accomodations, the views, the breakfast, even the internet connection has been honed to simple elegance. Stefania works to satisfy your every need; since we were leaving before breakfast in the morning, she brought us some cake and yogurt the night before. We definitely recommend the Villa if you are visiting this area.

1  Thank Thomas D
72sfn, Proprietario at Villa Poggiano, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear Mr THomas D,

it was my pleasure to have you and your wife at Villa Poggiano, even if a short stay I am happy that you liked our kind of hospitality.

I really hope that if you will be back to MOntepulciano you will chiie again Villa Poggiano

Stefania and Villa POggiano's Staff

Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is absolutely the best place to stay in Tuscany! Where do I start...First and foremost is the warm hospitality of Stefania and her staff. They go out of their way to ensure you have a pleasurable stay at their Villa. The rooms are beautiful, with just the right combination of historic elegance and modern convenience. The grounds are expansive and beautiful, well tended and very peaceful. And the view of the Tuscan countryside was just incredible! I wanted to stay here the rest of our vacation instead of traveling to Florence! It is the perfect place to stay for exploring Tuscany! We look forward to returning to Villa Poggiano during our next trip to Tuscany!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
72sfn, Proprietario at Villa Poggiano, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Mrs Kelly
you just left yestarday and this morning I had this fantastic surprise.

You and your husband have been so nice with me and the staff and I am very happy that you didn't want to live the Villa to go to the next place but stay here,

I really hope that one day you will be back at Villa Poggiano

I wish you all my best
stefania and Villa Poggiano's Staff

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed at Villa Poggiano for 4 days in early June 2013 and we had a lovely time! Great location in southern Tuscany - close to Montepulciano.

The property is stunning - gorgeously restored buildings, and beautiful views! The pool area is very serene - although the water and weather were too cool to swim while were there.

We stayed in Room 1 - which is a large suite on the first floor. It was beautiful with high ceilings and a huge sitting area. The bathroom was updated and well equipped. The only part of the room that we didn't prefer was that the toilet part of the bathroom was down 2 or 3 dark steps into a cool/ dark area. Not the greatest in the middle of the night!

Stefania is the owner/ proprietor and she was very welcoming and helpful with great dinner suggestions/ reservations and directions for day trips.

The breakfast was really good - served in a lovely little building with made to order eggs, coffee, good variety of meats, cheeses and pastries and homemade yogurt!!

The only downside for us was the fact that we could not have dinner at Villa Poggiano. We generally prefer to sightsee all day and then come back, park the car and stay put for the evening.

We would definitely recommend Villa Poggiano to others!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank luvztravel
72sfn, Proprietario at Villa Poggiano, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear Mr and Mrs Luvztravel,
THANK YOU very much to share this beautiful review and so many picture you have posted.
I am very happy that you had a wonderful experience and that you raccomand Villa Poggiano to future traveller.

I hope next time you will came the weather will be nice to use the pool

Looking forward to guest you again

Stefania Savini and Villa Poggiano's staff