“Excellent wine tour!”
Review of Tenuta Valdipiatta

Tenuta Valdipiatta
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: With the spirit of an elegant boutique winery, Tenuta Valdipiatta is pleased to welcome visitors who wish to acquire a deeper knowledge of wine and Extra-Virgin Olive Oil production process. To let our guests enjoy the time spent at Valdipiatta and to satisfy all the expectations connected to a high-level tourism, we develop different types of entertainment. We are always at our guest€'s complete disposal in order to satisfy any personal request.
Reviewed 9 July 2017

My girlfriend and I were staying at Agriturismo Nibbiano this July 2017.
We were looking for a wine tour that was nearby, and Tenuta Valdiapiatta is literally right down the road!
We weren't as organized as we hoped, and e-mailed one day prior for a wine tour reservation.
Svetlana got back to me promptly and we booked a tour.
We went for the Valdipiatti experience tour and it was perfect.
Svetlana gave us a tour of the quaint winery and then we got to sample 8 wines and one grappa. Cheese and bread with olive oil was served with the samplings.
As noted on other reviews, the wines are excellent.
We liked the 2012 Nobile Vigna D'Alpiero and 2005 Nobile Reserva the best and ordered 3 of the D'Alpiero and 5 of the Reserva.
Shipping is reasonable and because we live in Hawaii, there is (as usual for Hawaii) an additional fee. We elected to have the wines shipped in October, when the weather is cooler, in case there is a delay in getting here.
Overall a great wine tour with a great hostess which we recommend!

All reviews
"beautiful grounds"
"different wines"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2017

We visited the Tenuta Valdipiatta winery in May. It was on a short 3 day trip to Cortona. A friend had arranged a private tour of the winery. Exceptionally nice true guide, Sveltana was a great hostess!! Tasted several wines all very good. San Giovese is my favorite grape for a wine. The area make an excellent Montepulciano di Nobile.. We shipped a case home, arrived a week ago. Shipping rates were pretty reasonable from other wineries we have visited. I would highly recommend it. A little off the beaten path but worth it.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

We are familiar with this winery since we stay at the Locanda di San Francesco in town that is run by family member Cinzia...it is an amazing small boutique hotel with breathtaking views and Cinzia is the consummate host. We took a very short ride out to the winery set in a beautiful area just down the hill from the town.. We didn't have time the last two visits to Montepulciano and now we were in search of a specific wine we had in Roma the week before at armando di pantheon and were so happy when they still had the 2006 single vineyard available. Our host Lucia was knowledgeable, friendly and very welcoming. So glad we made the journey and now have some wonderful wine at home.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

My wife and I stayed in Montepulciano in April - sort of a slow season for tourists and winery visits. I called expecting to be scheduled into a group tour/tasting. But, the next day, I was surprised to find that tour/tasting was just for us. The intimacy of being a group of 2 made the experience feel like I was sitting down with a "cugina" who wanted me to taste some of her most recently discovered wine. The wines were so good that we couldn't decide between the Vino Nobile Di Montepulciano (2013), The Vino Nobile Di Montepulciano Vigna D'Aleiro (2006) or the Vino Nobile Di Montepulciano Reserva (2005). So we ordered a half case of each and completed the second case with Vin Santo and Olio Extra Vergine Di Oliva. Our shipment arrived promptly with no damage. Each opening of a new bottle brings back fond memories.

3  Thank Don W