“Super hotel in a beautiful location.”
Review of Hotel Panoramic

Hotel Panoramic
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Montepulciano
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Super hotel in a beautiful location.”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stayed at Hotel Panoramic whilst visiting the area as our daughter was performing at the Cantiere music festival in the beautiful town of Montepulciano. The hotel is located on the top of an adjacent hill giving great views of the town and surrounding countryside. It is a well placed to visit other towns and villages, such as Pienza and Montelcino and beyond, if you have a car.

The spacious rooms are of the highest order (a previous review mentioned an uncomfortable bed) - the mattresses are firm but we did not find this a problem. The bathroom, again was spacious, with a super shower and plentiful hot water whenever you wanted it.

As mentioned before in other reviews, only breakfast is offered - but the choice is endless, breads, cold meats, cheeses, eggs, yoghurts, fruit, cakes, tea, coffee, juices etc, etc - our son particularly liked the possibility of having tiramisu for breakfast !!! There are many places to eat for lunch (if you have room after breakfast!) or during the evening in nearby San Albino, on the road into Montepulciano, or in the town itself.

The staff are very helpful, whilst being respectful of your privacy - if you need anything they will sort it for you. My wife likes several pillows - extra ones were provided within minutes. We needed to leave early to catch our flight home, so breakfast was arranged to be taken early - no problem. Our room was cleaned and tidied every day by the time we had returned from breakfast - how good is that?!

The hotel sits in extensive grounds with great views, with an orchard area to sit and wander in, as well as lovely pool area (unfortunately while we were visiting the weather wasn't always nice enough to relax around the pool which was a shame - we'll just have to return to give it another go, won't we? ).

If you are visiting this part of Tuscany either touring or just wanting a relaxing time, you will not go far wrong if you stay at Hotel Panoramic. Highly recommended. DE.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Duncan E
Romina M, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Panoramic, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
We are delighted to read your positive feedback following your stay at the Hotel Panoramic and we would like to thank your for the time dedicating in writing your review. Thank you so much for your kind comments about our breakfast, our location and our staff. We are so glad that you found our service met your expectations and I have passed on your kind words to all the team. We hope that you will join us again in the near future where I am sure you will have another excellent stay with us.
Our kindest regards from Montepulciano Tuscany.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Springwood, Australia
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have travelled quiet a lot and perhaps it was my state of mind coming out of Roma...but I found this hotel to be excellent in just about all regards. Our room was amazing with a beautiful bathroom and as modern as you will find. It's position on top of the hill overlooking the countryside was stunning and Monetpulciano was the prettiest town of all the Tuscan towns we visited. The pool area was outstanding with extensive grounds of Apple orchards, olives, pears...so beautiful and felt lovely to wander around in them. I found the staff friendly especially after a difficult experience in rome. I was not well after stress and a long flight from Australia which had made my legs really swollen and I was concerned about DVt. I asked for help locating doctors and the staff were very friendly and helpful. I did not need anything after all but when we left they asked how I was, which was by thoughtful. The breakfast room was just beautiful with a good range of breakfast....probably one of the better breakfasts we have had on our 5 week travels around Europe. We had a great room and the view was stunning. My only suggestion would be to have some food available on site for lunch and dinner. We had a car so driving into town for dinner was easy and there was plenty of restaurants to choose from....we had our best meal of the trip on both nights here. One other thing is that I would like to have more than one pillow on the bed....this was common in all hotels across Europe but coming from Australia we are spoilt and have at least two pillows in good quality hotels. Considering this was a 3 or 4 star I thought it was excellent value and I would not hesitate to recommend it. I have told my other family about it and would like to return with them some day. I wish we had stayed longer as our original booking was for 7 nights but we ended up staying closer to Florence...also in a lovely place but not as lovely at hotel panoramic...beautiful classical music at breakfast, lots of places to sit on terraces and even a tennis court....I loved it

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony overlooking the valley on the first floor....room 111 I think
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Romina M, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Panoramic, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you very much for your kind words following your recent stay with us at the Hotel Panoramic. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed all the facilities and service we provided you with. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kind regards from Tuscany Montelpulciano.
Florence
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Modern build and decor but high quality finish with everything you would expect from a higher starred hotel. Lovely swimming pool too. Shame no restaurant but Montepulciano was round the corner and so it was really convenient to go there for a beautiful meal in a beautiful setting

• Stayed July 2014
Romina M, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Panoramic, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
We are delighted to read your positive feedback following your stay at the Hotel Panoramic and we would like to thank your for the time dedicating in writing your review. We are so glad that you found our service met your expectations and I have passed on your kind words to all the team. We hope that you will join us again in the near future where I am sure you will have another excellent stay with us.
Our kindest regards from Montepulciano Tuscany
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I booked this hotel last minute, after we had accidentally booked the wrong nights for the Tuscan farmhouse we planned to stay at. The hotel was in a fabulous location, with easy access to Montepulciano, Montalcino and Montichiello. Well kept, the room was spacious with a large bathroom and big patio. The bed though was one of the worst we had ever slept on and the breakfast was sub par at best... packaged Kraft singles and barely any fruit or pastries, we were left with plenty of room to sample all of the amazing food Tuscay has to offer. The staff at the hotel was also nothing to write home about- they weren't exactly rude in any way, but they really just had no personality to speak of. The pool area looked pretty, but unfortunately it was a bit too cool to use on the two days we were there. This hotel has potential, but unfortunately it's just missing a few key components to make it shine.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Kate,
we really appreciate your nice words about our Hotel Panoramic and we would like to thank you for the suggestions given.
Thank you so much for the beautiful compliments addressed to our location in Montepulciano.
This job requires a great passion, patience & dedication and comments like yours give us an even bigger push to do better and better.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Hotel Panoramic is a beautiful hotel situated on a hill allowing 360 degree views of the valleys below and of Montepulciano. Our room and accompanying bathroom were huge and modern. The pool area was meticulously maintained and increadibly relaxing - I wish I could have spent more time laying next to it reading a book and drinking wine. Although there is no restaurant at the hotel, the staff directed us to an excellent restaurant not 5 minutes drive down the hill. We enjoyed sitting on the hotel patio drinking wine with other hotel guests (and some staff) watching the sun set, and if you run out of wine, like we did, the hotel has very good wine for sale at a good price -- just ask the staff. If you are looking for a relaxing, beautiful place to stay just outside of Montepulciano Hotel Souvenir is it!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dallask10
Romina M, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Panoramic, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments following your recent stay at the Hotel Panoramic. I was so glad to read that you managed to try the restaurant during your stay and enjoyed your dining experience as well as breakfast. Please do come and stay with us again in the near future when I am sure we will meet your expectations once again.
Kind regards
from Montepulciano Tuscany.
Appiano Gentile, Italy
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This Hotel it’s a dream! We loved this beautiful Hotel placed In the middle of a countryside but mostly we appreciate the friendliness, the courtesy, the competence and the kindeness of all the staff .

We spent our honey moon in this Hotel and we would like stay there forever....

The rooms were larges, confortable and always very clean. The breakfast was rich, excellent, whit different dishes every day.

We woul like to make a special thank you to all the staff: Lorena, Luka e Stefania (reception); Aly (office boy); Ilaria (breakfast); Emma and Simonetta (chambermaids) and last but not least the precious Claudia, owner of this beautiful place. We are sure, we will be back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lucky C
Romina M, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Panoramic, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Our kindest regards from Tuscany Montepulciano.
Netherlands
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel's location on the top of the hill gives a breathtakingview of the Tuscan valleys.
The room was great, modern and comfortable. The bathroom and shower were clean and spacious. The breakfast was good. y. The pool area was very inviting as were the terraces with plenty of seating and areas to relax. It's a pleasant location in the Tuscan countryside.

The hotel has no restaurant for lunch or dinner or a terrrace where you can have a drink. You need a car for this hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Elena S, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Panoramic, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you very much for your kind words following your recent stay with us at the Hotel Panoramic. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed all the facilities and service we provided you with. Thank you for the compliments to the wonderful view, to our pool and to our good breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kind regards from Montepulciano Tuscany.