We had high expectations of Sant’ Antonio after reading so many glowing reviews and we were not disappointed. Nico was the most wonderful host – we were warmly greeted on arrival and shown around our apartment (No. 7). Nothing was too much trouble for Nico and he was even kind enough to make dinner reservations in advance for us. We cannot praise Nico or Sant’ Antonio highly enough!
Our apartment was more spacious than it appeared in the photos, was well equipped and immaculately clean. The huge fluffy bath towels and Egyptian cotton bed linen were a treat and even better still they were all changed mid-week of our stay. Having our own private covered terrace was a bonus and the views of the countryside were breathtaking. It was so relaxing reclining on our garden chairs as our exit from Rome in our rental car earlier in the day had severely stressed both of us. This peaceful haven was just what we needed after the crowds and traffic of Rome. In fact it was absolute perfection!
There are many good restaurants to be found in Montepulciano just 5 minutes drive away or even in the other direction of Sant’ Albino where we dined at Tre Stelle on a number of occasions and found the food to be excellent and very reasonably priced.
Cheers, Renata & Ken
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An 800 year old converted monastery situated in the heart of the Tuscan country side, a short 3 km drive from the historic Renaissance town of Montepulciano renowned for its wines, olive oil, local cuisine and culture. Sant' Antonio is converted into spacious unique accommodations with wonderful views of the Valdichiana and lakes on one side of the property and the famous rolling hills, forests and olive groves on the other. This historic structure is located on over 70 hectares of gardens with terraces, biological farm land and forests with a private 2 mile walking and running trail that has breathtaking views past each corner... Sant' Antonio is ideally located close to Montepulciano where numerous local restaurants, coffee bars, enotecas, artesian shops and supermarkets are situated as well as to visit towns and medieval villages such as Montepulciano, Pienza, Montalcino, Monticchiello, Cortona, Cetona, San Quirico, Siena, Assisi, Perugia, Arezzo, Orvieto.... And many others. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Studio Scivoletto S.r.l. and Agoda so you can book your Sant' Antonio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sant Antonio Montepulciano
- Sant Antonio Hotel Montepulciano