“Best Pasta Dish of my Life”

La Bottega del Nobile
Reserve with
La Bottega del Nobile is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 101 Restaurants in Montepulciano
Price range: US$29 - US$47
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: In our wine-shop you can find more than 300 labels of Tuscan wine, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, Brunello di Montalcino, Chianti Classico, Morellino di Scansano, Bolgheri, Vernaccia di San Gimignano and Super Tuscans. Furthermore it's possible to taste more than 50 wines and typical Tuscan food. Among the appetizers, you can find a selection of cold meats and cheeses made by local producers. Our handmade pasta is "pici" with cheese and pepper, garlic and tomato sauce and some with meat and tomato sauce. Among our second courses you can have beef from the chianina breed and meat from the cinta senese pig.
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Okay so I love pasta. I became slightly obsessed with it during our last 10 day trip to Italy. I thought I had already had the best of the best when it came to pasta. That was until I had the Duck Gnocchi at La Bottega del Nobile. It was so so good; I literally (like actually) licked the plate clean. The wine tasting system they have there is so fun! You just ask for a card and walk around to all the machines trying as many different wines as you want. Make sure to bring it up to your server though because they don't list it anywhere. You just have to request the card for tastings yourself. The service was really friendly. The wine was amazing. The Icario Rosso was my absolute favorite wine we had and also was one of the cheapest on the menu. We loved it so much we changed our plans and came back here on our last night in Tuscany so I could eat the duck gnocchi again ;) I also has the steak--I'd recommend the full filet of the pre cut strips. The rabbit in the jar was tasty but not at the same level as the pasta. They brought us out grappa at the end of or meal in a HUGE bottle (skinny and taller than our server!). It was a fun experience but my hubs said it wasn't the best grappa he's had. I loved the limoncello. If we make it back to Tuscany again we will for sure eat here!

4  Thank Laura K
There are newer reviews for La Bottega del Nobile

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Wow, amazing wine, food, place, town. Best pasta I've ever eaten. Great wine too. Perfect Tuscan experience. Take me back

5  Thank Nikkiwig
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We had lunch here and I had the best rabbit I've ever tasted. The menu was full of interesting choices, the dining room in an interesting cellar, service was friendly (both with kids and English speakers) and an extensive wine list (including tasting wines by the glass) as it is part of a wine shop as well. Check out the wine shop on the way out. They have an extensive selection and are able to ship all over the world.

4  Thank rkalba
Reviewed 20 July 2014

With help of tripadvisor we deside to go here for dinner and o have to say was absolutely good chose. Nice atmosphere, frendly staff and delisious food. We was two person and pay 59€ for antipasto, primo e secondo plus aqua and vine. They do also only vine tasting.really good place and everything

2  Thank janasek007
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Our initial visit to La Bottega del Nobile was to taste and buy wine. My sister and I were very impressed -- the owner Paolo is truly special. It's wonderful to see a young man with great knowledge of wine, along with great people skills. It is the third place we purchased wine to send home, and all I can say is that I wish we had started here. All of my wine has arrived home in good condition, and I will definitely return to Montepulciano -- for many reasons -- but a main one will be to buy wine from Paolo. And this I will do long distance as well, but what a great reason to go back. My sister and I did have dinner at Bottega del Nobile, and it was outstanding. I highly recommend it. Great food and service, amazing wine, lovely atmosphere. Bravo, Paolo -- well done.

3  Thank Ann-TexasTraveler073