“Fantastic food and hospitality for the family”
Review of Locanda Cicolina

Locanda Cicolina
Reserve with
Locanda Cicolina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 101 Restaurants in Montepulciano
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Locanda Cicolina e un delizioso ristorante a filiera corta,immerso nei secolari ulivi e vigne del nostro pregiato vino Nobile
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We visited on a Friday evening in August and were surprised to find this lovely restaurant was very quiet. Seated on the terrace overlooking the vineyards we enjoyed a wonderful meal. My two young children had a delicious homemade tagliatelle with courgettes and sausage, and I shared my pasta with black pepper with my wife, who ended up having more than I did! Steak followed - perfectly cooked at the table and served with rocket and pecorino - my wife remarked this was the best meal she'd had in our stay in Tuscany, and I have to agree. Unfortunately there were a few mozzies (it rained earlier in the day) so we had to leave before desert as the kids were getting agitated, but with 3 courses of delicious Tuscan cooking at such a reasonable price I suspect we'll return soon.

2  Thank Powdr99

Reviewed 26 July 2013

We stumbled upon Cantina Cicolina accidentally, having taken a wrong turn on route to the gorgeous Villa Cicolina. The delicious garlicky smell wafting from the kitchen was all the prompting we required to make a reservation.
We enjoyed an excellent meal of homemade pepper pasta and steak which was cooked at the table.
We dined al fresco, overlooking the vineyards. There were a few bugs that night but I’m told they only come out following a spot of rain.
I can recommend their Cicolina house Montepulciano wine and the owners offered us a taster of their house Chianiti to compare. I preferred their Montepulciano.
The service is genuine and the restaurant is run by a husband and wife team. They don’t speak English, which only added to the charm of this new restaurant.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

The most lovely restaurant in Tuscany, excellent food, delicius wine and very nice crew :)
we have been there 3 times during 2-weeks holydays :)
the table under the willow is magic :)

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Excellent trip to this newish restaurant just outside Montepulciano recommended by Giulio at Dionora. Wonderful service with genuine interest. The food was very simple and tasty. The pasta with black pepper was delicious and very special. We both had the steak as main course, mine with rocket and pecorino and my husbands with rosemary - absolutely delicious and perfectly cooked to two different tastes. Wine was excellent and the whole meal was extreme,y reasonable. We have already booked to return with all the family in August. Thank you.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

If You spend holiday in Tuscany You must visit Cicolina- best food in this area. Pici with duck - absolutely delicious. Ribollita- best ever. Bruschettas with sesonal vagetables - so good. But the for sure You must order tagliata - I think it was best I`ve ever ate. After good meal- cantucci with vin santo . You can choose beautiful table under tree or just sit on the terrace. Area is very quiet and peacefull. Visit and enjoy !!